• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch covers?

tanya_306

Alpha Buck
My rabbits live in a double hutch and we have a run attached to it. ;)

We have screwed some corregated plastic onto the roof to give the top more protection. However, I think that I should cover all of the cage. At present, I drop blankets over the front of the cage when they go to bed and when it is pouring with rain.

I want to get a cover but have noticed you can get cage huggers and cage snuggers? I think the hugger just covers the cage and the snugger helps to control the temperature. There is a big difference in price ....

If I bought a cage cover, is there anything I could put underneath to help keep the rabbits warm when it is cold?!

Thanks

Tanya

To help keep them warm just make sure the hutch is draft proof, you can use various bits of wood or door draft excluders etc. Then provide them with lots of hay and they should be fine. You can get custom made hutch covers from eBay apparently. Or you could just use some more acrylic / plastic to cover up the windows.

Back