• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

syringing tips....im the last to know!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
yep after years and years of medicating buns..treating stasis prone buns..youd think id have learnt enough by now right? um wrong:oops:

now i discover everyone else already knew:oops::lol:

dont yell but ive found it helps when dosing bertie with his baytril that i have to get him to attack the syringe to get it in...and to tempt him..i can dip the tip of the syringe in some unrefined sugar..or atleast golden granulated sugar.

then give him a dried strawberry cherry or apple....and a big kiss:lol:

I have always tried everything to get powdered critical care/recovery up in a syringe and often it blocks and the syringe breaks. So NOW..yes NOW i have realised that if i make the mix and suck it up into the 50ml catheter syringe..then take the syringe in use lke a 2ml or 5ml or 10ml......take the plunger out..and gently fill the syringe barrel with the tip of the 50ml catheter syringe. then gently put the plunger back in. yay!!

i cannot belive i hadnt figured that one out before:oops::lol:

mt mix that gets my buns eating is critical care powder...mixed to a paste with hipp organic pear and apple pudding and then blended to syringe mix with warm water..perfect.

am i a numptey or what!!:lol:

Rascal and Firefly were difficult to feed, just gave Rascal his dose of baytril about an hour ago. It's difficult, by I manage to get the syringe in that "gap" in the side of their mouths, then I give him a raisin or two to appease him :lol:

the 50ml syringe isnt good with a weeny bunny or a small lop...least it wasnt with my beloved bif.

you should see how many 50ml syringes i go through when bertie needs bucking up with a feed:shock: frenchies nom the tip clean off!!!

gem do you use pellets then...ive never had any luck with that.

my second ever housebun was a weirdo..hed lap cc off a saucer!!!

the 50ml syringe isnt good with a weeny bunny or a small lop...least it wasnt with my beloved bif.

you should see how many 50ml syringes i go through when bertie needs bucking up with a feed:shock: frenchies nom the tip clean off!!!

gem do you use pellets then...ive never had any luck with that.

my second ever housebun was a weirdo..hed lap cc off a saucer!!!

no?? I use it for my chinchilla who is only 700g - but then he loves CC and just slurps it straight off the end of the syringe :lol: Sorrel used to slurp it off a dish too :love:

Back