• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've gone and done it.......PICCIES :))

lildebs

Mama Doe
just couldn't resist the temptation......................

Petshop bun :oops::oops:
I happened to go into a local one (I very rarely do because it's rubbish) some time ago and saw a gorgeous bun, at the time she was 14wk old and had been reduced....I resisted........

but I had to go in with one of my sisters yesterday...she was still there :shock: the owner said she was just always overlooked probably because of her markings and age :roll: but thing was the animals are in odd shape vivariums :roll: with glass doors....so she'd been in there all that time.

She was with another female bun who kept humping and nipping her, she just took it all in her stride.
Anyway after seeing her, couldn't get her out of my mind, went back today and asked re her health etc, looked at her teeth, bottom, her bits :oops:and nails etc (she's quite a chunk) for a lionlop, they said she was 4half month :? but I personally think 5 nearer 6mth.....anyway...prob x with a dwarf....OH was reluctant initially..

I'M PICKING HER UP TOMORROW, so I have rescued her :lol: :love::love:

Went and bought a temp hutch until she's neutered and then off to my friend Kay they all go :shock::lol::lol::lol: can't wait now. :D

Last edited:
.....I like Dolly (you have to see her to relate the name) that's all I'm saying :p and I like Fleur BUT I'm happy for suggestions that relate to her markings :love:
Watch this space :D

She has yellow feet (not related to her markings), could that be from being no litter tray/shavings? Her fur is quite thin behind her neck too, possibly lack of air/heat?

The yellow feet could be slight urine stains if she hasn't had a litter tray, yes.

The balding hair on the back of the neck could possibly be from the other bun as sometimes when humping they will grasp the fur on the back of the neck.

I think mites can cause bald patches too, but I believe the skin is usually flaky as well - perhaps somebody who knows more will confirm or tell me I'm talking rubbish. :oops: :lol:

She has yellow feet (not related to her markings), could that be from being no litter tray/shavings? Her fur is quite thin behind her neck too, possibly lack of air/heat?

Yellow feet is probably staining from wee. Thin fur on neck can be mites. Are you planning on getting her checked out at the vets? I'd mentioned those things to the vet while you're there.

ETA. Karen makes a good point about the humping/neck issue. :oops:

Yellow feet is probably staining from wee. Thin fur on neck can be mites. Are you planning on getting her checked out at the vets? I'd mentioned those things to the vet while you're there.

ETA. Karen makes a good point about the humping/neck issue. :oops:

Yes absolutley, I'm taking her on Tues for a health check, chat re neuter/age etc and hopefully get a myxo jab whilst there. :D

Yes that makes sense actually, the other bun was on her a lot, she'd lie flopped and the other bun would go over and nip her :roll:...she was so placid though when held.
So...how long after a neuter do I begin to consider a bond is it 4wks or 6?
She's on a muesli mix with vitamin drops, so I'm going to swith her over to pellet, she's never had veggies, so won't do anything with them just yet.
Actually can't wait to weigh her :roll: I have asked them to cut her nails too before I collect her!

Here she is :love::love:
She weights 6lb 80z (ish)......looking for names due to her markings...I like Dolly because she looks like she's dolled up, got her make up on for a night out :oops: and I also like Fleur because of her hair is flary :oops:.......

Any ideas of her breed? wondered if she had English in her?

101_0114.jpg

101_0118.jpg

101_0116.jpg

she is georgeous :love: how could she be overlooked! i think dolly suits her.
well done for rescueing her. I love the beauty spot on her nose :love: X

Back