• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grr fireworks!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
My bunnies have a shed and run, and they are allowed in this 24/7. This evening it rained so I shut them inside the shed, i dont like my bunnies being out when its wet, as i found that made Peanuts hocks much worse, so i just keep them in when its wet, and they have 6 x 4 with two levels anyway so theyre okay.

Anyway.. good job i DID shut them in tonight and loads of fireworks have jus started!!! Its august?! i have no idea why.

I really think if people are going to use fireworks when its not be expected, there should be some way of letting people know because of animals. In november you are told to keep cats in etc etc, but when its random like this how on earth are you supposed to know in advance? Its so close to me, i know my buns would be petrified if they were in the run.

it angers me!

Poor buns, i hate fireworks too! i always worry about the animals when it gets to firework night, and usually bring them in if i can :cry:

We had fireworks here last night. It was a town event and there had been loads of signs but daft me had managed to miss them (otherwise I would've gone because...), fortunately mine are all absolutely fine with fireworks. Even Smudge! But they were very loud, much louder than they normally are.

No end of Ramadan is 10th September, Donna. Not sure that's a particularly fireworky occasion in any case?

Could be from a wedding somewhere nearby Sarah-Jane? We have a wedding venue nearby so often hear the distant boom and crackle of fireworks and it's often not just Saturday's either now! It's a few miles away though so not loud enough to make you jump, it's just a sort of distant rumble. Hope the buns are all ok xx

Are you sure yours isn't also a display? We have one here every year about this time as it's still (usually) warm and dry so they make a big event out of it. People go have dinner in the park, there's a funfair and orchestra and the end of the night the firework display.

Theres either a party or some sort of "festival" near here tonight i can hear the music and its been going on since at least 1pm so the fireworks could be from that as it was the same direction.

It just annoys me because Jelly hates fireworks and had stasis once afterwards, i shut them in anyway but thats just lucky!

i wasnt sure, i know my brother has been working late at dominos because its a halal shop and the poor sods get hungry at sunset :shock:. i never know how long or when it ends since the bloke who used to work at our place left (he always bought us samosas at the end :love::love:)

I was more annoyed by the group of teens outside my window chatting full tilt from about 1am to 2am last night. :evil: The buns ignored that too, it only annoyed me. :lol:

Hope Jelly is ok and eats ok tomorrow.

my pair really dont like noise (well Holly) other day she was thumping at cats fighting outside, i ofcourse assumed burgulars and went running upstairs to close all the windows :roll::roll:

Mine don't mind noise, what my Smudge REALLY hates though is strange voices. Fireworks - fine; different person in the home - no way. Fortunately they are over the other side of the house from my bedroom - so annoying teens weren't a problem for him.

Awe poor bunnies hope they will all be ok! I'm grateful that mine are indoors when that goes on and with double glazing and curtains shut they are ok!

Hope Jelly is OK. There were fireworks in the town mine runs into a few weeks ago, and I rushed out to see if Spenser was OK. He was very busy cleaning his 'bits' and didn't seemed bothered. He's a funny boy with noise - not bothered by next door's Jack Russell, but frightened if a blackbird birsts into song. :roll: I do agree with your point though. :wave:

She will be fine because shes inside the shed :)

My buns are strange with noises, Domino HATES planes, as soon as a plane flies over our house both of his ears go upright! And he darts about and hides. Every single time!

I hate fireworks - even around bonfire night they just go on and on and on :evil: (wow I sound like a grumpy old woman and i'm only 24)

Plus i'm scared of them myself *cowers with bunnies* :lol:

Maybe this is an advantage of having kids and rabbits, because mine don't seem to be phased by any noise..other then my next door neighbours petrol ran lawn mower, which freaks me out as well it's SO loud! We even live near a busy airport and they just stretch their ears for a second then carry on chewing on grass.
I do sit with them when there are fireworks though, or bring them in depending what time of year it is!

Back