• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A real stupid question...

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
...which way do rabbits moult? Is it nose to tail or tail to nose?

Sorry this has been bugging me for months. I can't work it out. Doesn't help that mine seem perpetually in moult, sometimes mild, sometimes not.

I think when my two moult, they start at both ends (ie. nose and bum) and it meets somewhere in the middle - the bum moult is usually way more dramatic than the nose moult though. :lol::lol:

I thought Alfie had finished moulting a few weeks back and he's now started again.

Maybe that's why it seems that they are always moulting, cos it happens from both ends :lol:

Mischa and Mini are moulting quite heavily at the moment, I keep plucking it out but in a tiny area LOADS comes out! And they don't like it much so don't sit still. :evil:

:lol::lol::lol:

Bubbles is looking really scruffy - she has lots of tufts sticking out but none of them will come out if I try gently pulling them, so I'm having to brush her..... which she loathes. :lol:

Usually nose/top to tail/bottom, although some just loose fur everywhere. Harleys not rex coated, but does have a very short coat. He's nearly 3 and only done a full body moult once, usually he just moults on his head :lol:

Oscar is really bad at the moment, tufts everywhere, either side of him he got patches with tufts coming out...it just never ends..he's a mess!! :roll:
I've been giving them both the treat ums hairball treats as blockages scare me.

Back