• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My local parish magazine had a bunny article

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
How random is that! It's distributed to every household in the parish and usually contains such riveting items as the parish council minutes, church services, cricket matches, school info and of course what's going on at the Gardening club and WI.

But this month, I opened it up and there is a mahoosive article about rabbit health written by a local vet nurse :shock: It was all about vaccinations, flystrike and diet, and included a picture of overgrown incisors. It talked about the importance of hay and the fact that a bunny not eating is an emergency. It would have been nice if it had also talked about neutering, companionship, space etc as well, but hey, I guess you can't say everything at once and anything decent at all has got to be a good thing :D

I'm tempted to see if they will let me do a follow-up article on rabbit behaviour and rabbit rescue. In fact I might just do it and send it in and see if they print it :lol:

that sounds great :wave: id write follow up;s like you have said and just send them, and hope they get published

Wow! :shock: I edit my local church magazine - I can just see the faces of the worthies if I tried to pull off something like that... I'm not the perfect rabbit owner myself (haven't had my lad neutered) so it would be a bit of cheek in a way.:oops:

I've written something :lol: I'm just gonna send it in and see if they publish it.

I'm sure they'll be really grateful for it! Maybe you can start a series of them....!

Yeah I reckon they must 'bank' articles that people send them until there is a suitable sized gap that hasn't been filled with a jam recipe or the scandal of the missing wheelie bin or something similar. I figured that if I send them something, they'll feel too guilty not to print it at some point :lol:

It looks as if she might be at 'the Veterinary Practice' Braintree/Coggeshall. Innovative title, eh? :lol:

That's good to hear Alison isn't it. Absolutely send them your article - I think they'd actually quite like a run of bunny stories. Good work the vet nurse too.

As its August and everyone on the PCC will be off on holiday, Greenbelt or whatever else they possibly had a gap in the Parish Magazine. I used to edit ours and spent most of August trying to find someone to produce a gap filler whilst the other eleven months of the year I would spend explaining people needed to accept there was not room for everything.

My guess is this nurse has a close contact with the Parish Church and produced a filler piece possibly based on the most common problem the local practice sees.

It's not a parish church newsletter, it's the parish council so probably a bit different :) I have a sneaky inkling that my next door neighbour is on the editorial team as well :lol:

I think it's great the article has made it into the Parish newsletter it's bound to reach people that have bunnies that may very well not know so much about them! I wonder if we could borrow the article and see how many other Parish newsletters we could get it into?

Back