• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need your help urgently!!

Michelle_stt

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone.
We have 4 bunnies.
3boys and a girl.
The girl I got from a lady who let both male and female free range.
I had her checked by the vet who said she was not pregnant.
Iv now had all 3 boys neutered and Beau was due to be neutered the 1st week in sept when we get paid as her spay was themost expensive so done neutering and vaccinations as we have gone along.
Iv had Beau a month just.
Iv just gone out to clean all of them out and I noticed beau clawing at her hutch (she has a run attached so wasn't trying to get out).
I went to pick her up to say hello and she ran to her bedroom part. (she never runs off).
I opened the bedroom part and there is fur everywhere a baby nesteled in the fur :shock:
Iv looked all over her hutch and one was downstairs and was cold.
I had a quick look through the site, I held beau and stroked her to get her scent then picked the baby up and nestled it next to the other in all the fur.

We had her checked right away when we got her and the vet said no babies.
We have not let her near our boys once! So she must have mated at her previous owners house.

What do I do? Iv no idea.
x

I would never ever have been as irresponsible to let her mix with my 3 boys. They are all in seperate hutches and runs until the 6weeks after neutering is done so I can start bonding them.
The runs have covers over so noone can hop over.
Iv had them neutered and vaccinated as Iv gone along but made sure to get her checked by a vet to make sure she wasn't pregnant.
I feel awful even though this happened before I got her. :cry:
xx

if both babies are moving in the nest, just leave mum to it, she,ll only feed them once a day so you probably wont see her do it:D, make sure she has plenty of hay ,food and water and check the nest once a day to make sure neither of the babies have passed away, please dont feel guilty because if she was mated before you got her then its beyond your control, once babies are weaned and she,s recovered have her speyed :D:D

Thanks for replying.

She was due to be spayed the 1st week in september.
I rang the vets today and explained, they gave me some good advice and he apologised for not picking up on the pregnancy.

I left the nest but cleaned everywhere else, she has loads of hay, veggies and pellets and fresh water (as she does every day anyway).

Iv checked on them a few times as the baby that was downstairs was cold but has warmed up now and is wriggling round.

Will check on them tomorrow.

Thanks for your replies.

x

The gestation is around 28 days so she would have only just been pregnant so it prob wasn't detectable then. I'm suprised they didn't suggest getting her speyed first to eliminate any chance- knowing she was possibly mated but too late for that now. At least they have been born in to a responsible loving home :D

Back