• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what is the best indoor set up to have

kirst25

Alpha Buck
was thinking of getting a large pen for her to have access to but ive got a dog cage that she has as her base,not sure wot do to,at the min she has run of my flat but obv she is chewing at wires and wallpaper and love seeing her run about etc but just thinking of her safety and my flat :) any advice would be great thank you :wave:

bertie lives free range in our lounge and downstairs but hes a frenchie!! he has a huge plastic dog bed filled with warm pet rug and his cuddly toys:oops:

merlin has a lovely cage and usually has the door open and run around nikkis room.

ive had dog crates in the past and you have to have the rottie sized one..and a pen attached.
sadly tho room isnt always available....but if you have a kitchen floor and a carpeted lounge..leave your bun in a playpen in the kitchen;)
then in the evening lounge time with your bun will be a routine that gets steady and happy.

a cage or crate is just a base.....

heres a good playpen

well the hexagonal ones..the bigger the better...some are folding but connected...some are seperate panels with poles/stakes...but can be replaced with cable ties too.

we had this one for a teeny bun who jumped really high!!

the ruby pen
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/95235

the trixie outdoor metal pen 8 sided
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/35639

is what we found the best...when wehad bif and her mini lop hubby oscar.
indoors now it gets used as rabbit proofing!! :lol:

we had a frenchie doe in the biggest crate you could have....then she had a playpen attached..then we just penned off one end of the lounge!!
the littlies too love having space..but you have to be sure they cannot chew cables..furnishings etc....

ive had cables chewed in a split second even with rabbit proofing tubes on it...skirting boards and even plaster off the corner wall. sofas being chewed through..no corners in the end!!

buns only do what comes naturally..dig..chew....investigate..oh yes they do...it wasnt just the cat that curiosity killed!!!!

this si merlins cage....but we took the ledge away..ahem..cos he ate it!!:lol:

the door is a sliding one and great..we then put up a big plastic igloo for him to use to jump in and out. in it he has a litter tray..food and water bowls....litter tray...teddy bear....slinky plastic of course...vine balls etc....until he soaks them in his bowl!!
all buns need a hideaway...so a cardboard box or cardboard chube is great..they can eat it too.
or even get a kids play tunnel from a charity shop or car boot sale......

ideally wed all love our buns to live free range indoors 24/7...but thats not ideal for them or us...theyre 18month old todlers in a furry suit..up to no good!!

yeh thats what i thought but wheres the best place to get one from?thank you purple bumble for the info really appreciate it,never had a bunny before so need all the advice for housing etc i can get :wave:

is it easy enough to attach them to the cage :)

i use tie wraps :D:D

i dont have a crate anymore i have a more open plan design (two pens with a storage cube roof) but as you already have a crate its cheaper and easier to just add to it :D:D

oh ryt..sounds good im definetly going to do it coz dont wanna leave her unattented all the time but my boyfriend doesnt think its a good idea as its not the sixe of my living room but she doesnt need to be in all the time does she?:)

Alvin and Holly are allowed out of their cage when im home.. its all for their own safety after all :D:D

i was thinkin of letting her have free range in my kitchen as there is no wires newhere for her too chew its just mainly wall paper but she may not chew on it like she has in the living room..if i could close the living room off from her then she would have the rest of the flat as her own

Me too, i cant ever imagine me saying no to either of mine they have the run of the house and what grace wants she gets or woe betide me :lol: xxx

Shes a very norty bunneh!! Spoilt rotten and a proper little girl!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Oh Yes...Woe betide you!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

i have got the pen to attach it to the cage and then she is not confined to the cage when im busy or at work,i unfortunatly cannot allow free range unless im there,she will be free range when im home,i couldnt have her in cage and pen all the time :D

Back