• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Myxi vaccinations early?

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
I had rambo and lola done for myxi around 6 months ago (got a letter to say they're due) and Eli probably 3 months ago.

I really want to sort it so they all have them on the same day, is it possible to take him when I have them done next week or is it too soon?

Thanks in advance.

ETA:
girls were done on 18.03.10
eli was done 24.05.10

Last edited:
Personally I would not have it done after just 3 months but I would consider it after 4 months as long as Bun was fit and well.
I would not delay vaccinating those due now.

just had a look at their vaccination cards -
eli was done 24.05.10

so if I had them done 23.09 that would be just over 6 months for the girls and just about 4 months for eli.
is that an acceptable delay for the girls and enough of a wait for eli do you think?

Maybe consider the possibililty of staggering it slightly now so that you can line it up in spring.

I've a similar problem now I have six. Tink and Roo are due at in March. Esme is due in February. I've been advised to take Esme in March as she won't be at risk in February and March is the best time to have it done. Elijah is due in April so I think I can move him to March too.

I didn't realise buns could be done early. I've got seven - five are due at one time and the other two another time. My vet has offered to come out to me to do the five as last time I took them in it was very stressful for all of us. If he could do all seven at once that would make life loads easier.

I will have a chat to him about it.

Yes, will definitely ask the vet about it, just didn't want to bother them during emergency hours :)

staggering it slightly each time until they're done at the same time sounds like a good idea.

thankyee

I had this problem when first got Dill.Can you delay the others for a few weeks & bring the other forward a few weeks so that its not quite as early?Myxy can be done annually so postponing the others a few weeks should be ok,unless of course you are in a high risk area.:)

just had a look at their vaccination cards -
eli was done 24.05.10

so if I had them done 23.09 that would be just over 6 months for the girls and just about 4 months for eli.
is that an acceptable delay for the girls and enough of a wait for eli do you think?

That sounds perfect to me.Thats what I had to do with my two.I did phone the vet before hand & asked their advice.

My two's vacs are all over place but i do see it as a positive as i usually ask the vets to check both sets of teefs at each appointment;)

Only downside is that i feel i'm part of the reception furniture :lol:

Back