• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you post your indoor set ups please....

I have posted these before but will pop them back up here again. Charlie is a nethie and the latest addition; Noah is a lop x (according to rescue).

This is their "home base." They have the bottom level, and the guinea pigs have the top two levels (because the piggies won't get along together, I have to have 2 cages:roll:). It is made of NIC cubes. Each level is 6ftx2.5ft. The buns didn't have the additional little level in the photo below. I have also since fixed up the doors - the buns doors swing out, and the guinea pig doors fold down. It is really easy to access. NOTE - they are never shut up in this - this was only for photos.

021-8.jpg

This photo shows the additional level.
010-7.jpg

A more recent photo of the inside of their cage - now with carpet instead of fleece.
003-2.jpg

Their litter trays are to the left of this photo.
011-8.jpg

The whole cage sits on a wooden base with wheels so it is easy to move. I have photos of the process we went through putting it together if you are interested (pretty boring though!! :lol:).

This is a VERY old photo but gives you an idea of the space they then have to free range in 24/7. The cage in this photo is their old one (prior to Noah). All of the bins to the right have been rearranged, with some put into a cupboard, so it looks much neater - and the big black grids that surround my bed have been replaced with smaller white grids that cover just the gap between my bed and the floor. The carrier that I had set up there has been dismantled and is now underneath my bed, it is tidier and neater that way :lol: Oh and we no longer live the litter bag (yellow and blue at front of picture) on the ground after Noah chewed a hole in one and managed to get litter everywhere

003-3.jpg

Lops...

_IGP7840-vi.jpg

At the moment they don't have the shelf in as we want to make the ladder on the outside and fill in the gap where the ladder was. They free-range in the rest of the room.

Lions...

_IGP8501-vi.jpg

They no longer have the duvet cos they kept weeing on it. They also have the rest of the room to free-range in.

Lops...

_IGP7840-vi.jpg

At the moment they don't have the shelf in as we want to make the ladder on the outside and fill in the gap where the ladder was. They free-range in the rest of the room.

Lions...

_IGP8501-vi.jpg

They no longer have the duvet cos they kept weeing on it. They also have the rest of the room to free-range in.

Ive thought about this....My spare room has carpet...In fact, the only rooms that have laminate are the kitchen and lounge.I was thinking nice big piece of lino to fit the size and a bit more......

Oh yes, I meant to say that, my lops room has lino in now too. The bottom photo is recent, the top one is a bit old now.

My photobucket full of pop ups but there is a new vid on facebook Yvette of buns lounge,with & without toys.Their cage is open roughly from 5.30 am[if im on earlys] until 11pm or later if we go out but we do shut them away at night as neighbours bedroom backs onto their lounge & he complained about the noise a few months ago when they free ranged at night too but to be honest I like shutting them away now overnight as can leave lounge door open to "air"room & also I think it strenghtens their bond as they cuddle more in there.

here's some pics of bisc and matts set up. old pics so things have been moved around a bit, but you get the general idea! :) they are free range in the lounge (used to be the hall and kitchen aswell but now they can't be trusted! :lol:) they get shut in the cage for a bit at night but not for long as i sleep late and then dan gets up early... :)

Photo-0494-1.jpg

Photo-0260-1-1.jpg

Photo-0495-1.jpg

Photo-0263-1.jpg

Photo-0260-1.jpg

Photo-0262-1.jpg

nom nom hay!!
Photo-0379-2.jpg

Hi Yvette,

Recently posted on another thread, so sorry for repetition here but hope it helps. I'm no expert - have had our little nethies (x2) about 18 months - but this is where they live on our middle landing:
house.jpg

The total space is 6.5' x 4.5'. The enclosure is made from an outdoor run, which is good as it has a door which we use to let them out in the house whenever we're in (from 5 pm every day and half an hour in the mornings). The floor is actually plywood sheets with a carpet on top, all covered by an Ikea fleece (protects the carpet and is comfy for them - the carpet on its own irritated Truffle's hocks. Also washable this way).

The storage is from Ikea, although I now wish we'd bought the upright version and left a bit more floor space for them, although they don't seem to mind, and they do get in the bottom of it in the space we left for them when they want some peace and quiet.

Could probably have done it all a lot cheaper with NIC panels etc....the benefits of hindsight!

Hope this helps.
Esupi.

Back