• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neutering so small

breeze

Mama Doe
sorry for all the posts today,im getting my mini neutered hopefully next week if my vet is back but worried due to his size.hes around 14mths and only weighs 2lb.hes such a titch.but a litte sod.:lol:hes got so much energy and enjoys chasing the cat.will he be ok under ga with being so tiny?

As long as he's healthy in all other respects and is small just because he's a small bun rather than due to a health problem, he should be fine :) My Santa weighed around 900g and had repeated GAs for dentals throughout her life and was always absolutely fine. They just use less anaesthetic and have to be more careful making adjustments to the dosages but if they're competent vets generally hopefully the little chap will be just fine :)

my little ones are under that, they have all been fine with neutering/ spaying. Actually vet didnt even mention an increased risk or anything

Back