• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

68 Lymington Bunnies - MASSIVE THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED OR OFFERED HELP - ALL OUT

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Hello folks. As some of the offers of help on the original thread by Julie at Rosie Rabbits we posted before we had put up a request for the offers to be e-mailed over, can I please ask any of you that can offer help contact me by e-mail so that I can collate who is offering what and where and when.

My e-mail address is therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk

PLEASE DON'T POST ANY OFFERS ON HERE
I just want to highlight what we need for those who may have posted offers of help earlier in the original thread.

To repeat what we have already said on the other thread

"It's nice that so many people that are private individuals want to help here so can I make a suggestion?

If you are a private person who would be able to foster for a rescue, then could you possibly approach your nearest rabbit friendly rescue (so many of them don't ever come on here so won't know about this) to tell them what is happening and ask if they would support you if you foster? Unless you are able to take in, care for, neuter and vaccinate at your own expense, sadly I think your offers will be unuseable unless you can find a rescue to support you.

I have contacted a couple of rescues who don't come on here and so far neither think that they can help with rescue places.

If a rescue near to you that rescues rabbits is able to help, maybe you could supply the details of the person who has agreed to help and pass them on when more is known about what will ultimately happen with the rabbits. Please don't post the contact details on here unless they are publically known anyway.

BUT, we will have to wait and see what happens with this in the next couple of days"

and

"So I am thinking, that if anyone can help with A RESCUE PLACE ONLY (if you can foster for a rescue that has agreed to pay/support and rehome the rabbits), or if you are a private individual that is prepared to take on a rabbit/some rabbits (at your own risk and expense), and adopt them or rehome them yourselves please can you e-mail me the following:

Your RU name, your proper name, your address, your phone number and exactly what you can offer.

If this is for a rescue, please give the name and contact details of the rescue offering the support/placement and when the place would be available from.

FOR THOSE OFFERING BUNNY RUNS, SAME THING APPLIES, PLEASE TELL US WHAT YOU CAN OFFER, WHEN AND WHAT AREA YOU ARE PREPARED TO COVER.

As yet, it is not clear if we will be taking any rabbits out of this situation so please keep checking back on here.

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME AS MY INBOX IS FULL ALEADY - ONLY USE therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk. You may not recieve an immediate response and may only hear something when we know more about the bigger picture.

Thank you.

Helen"

For everyone who can take a rabbit, please can you tell us also if you are prepared to take males, females or both, and please specify if you are able to take females that may be pregnant.

If you are a private individual who wishes to take on a rabbit/rabbits at your own expense, please remember that if you offer a home for a female, there may be a chance that they will be pregnant and if we do remove all the animals, whilst we hope to have them vet checked, it may not be possible to ensure that some are not in the very early stages.

Last edited:
BUMP - Any people who offered help on the original thread but who haven't confirmed by e-mail what the offer is, please contact me during the course of today.

I am trying to message you too to speed things up, but that's a slow process.

Thanks folks.

BUMP

If any of you are able to help by contacting your local rabbit rescues if they are not forum members (even if you can't actually get involved yourselves with fostering or transport) and they are in a position to help with a place or two for some rabbits, please do and get them in touch with us.

The rescue folks that are RU members already know about this situation and if they can help have already let us know, but there will be some rescues that don't use forums and could possibly be in a position to assist if we need more rescue places.

We will know more about what we need when we've been to assess the situation.

Thank you.

Anyone live in County Durham or Anywhere between there and Nottingham that could help with a bunny run if necessary?

If you can help please e-mail me.

Thank you.

Right folks

We now have a clearer picture of what bunnies we will be taking out tomorrrow.

It appears to be 66 rabbits.

We have placements offered across the UK so we need some help with bunny runs please.

Please can you EMAIL me on therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk if you can help with any of the following.

Temporary accommodation for a day or so from tomorrow in the Windlesham/Bracknell/Camberley area and can collect from Windlesham tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Bunny runs from Windlesham to:

Cambridgeshire, (Wood Green Animal Shelter - Godmanchester) or from Godmanchester area to meet someone from us in Windlesham somewhere like Potters Bar or somewhere (would need to be during day time hours as Wood Green is not open otherwise) THIS WOULD BE FOR 2 SINGLE RABBITS AND A MOTHER AND BABIES

Run from Windlesham to Bedfordshire THIS WOULD BE FOR A POSSIBLE TWO RABBITS, POSSIBLY A MUM AND BABY.

Run from Nottingham to Barnsley - Probably Tuesday of this week.

Temp accommodation for a day or so en route from Lymington towards Windlesham

Bunny run from Lymington or Windlesham to Oxford area.

Unwanted (not able to return) pet carriers in the Windlesham/Bracknell/Camberley area or in the Lymington area that can be delivered to us tomorrow (either to an address in New Milton or in Windlesham).

Thank you.

We may need other help so please keep checking back.

Are the BEdfordshire ones going to Liz? I could have them overnight if it helps? Just need to be sure it would be only overnight with viewings etc

Have emailed you re: Nottingham to Barnsley run :wave:
Not sure if I'm having problems with my email, so please let me know if you haven't received anything from me.

I have emailed you too.

Was also thinking....I could try and raise some cash to help out here also ??..Do we have a fund raiser for this situation...or can we donate to someone ?

Anything for those that aren't local or unable to take in any bunnies?

Just a thought :oops:

Do all the 66 bunnies now have rescue/foster places or do we still need more offers?

We won't know until we go but with the offers recieved so far we may be okay provided we don't get any shocks when we get there.

Problem is we know roughly what we are taking out, but the breakdown of who's with who and who can take what can't be sorted until we see them.

I have emailed you too.

Was also thinking....I could try and raise some cash to help out here also ??..Do we have a fund raiser for this situation...or can we donate to someone ?

Anything for those that aren't local or unable to take in any bunnies?

Just a thought :oops:

We could certainly do with some fundraising for the places that are helping us out. We'll publish who has helped after the event if they folks are happy to let us tell you all.

Have emailed you re: Nottingham to Barnsley run :wave:
Not sure if I'm having problems with my email, so please let me know if you haven't received anything from me.

Got it Tracy thank you and I think that it would be a goer thank you.

I can still take a sick or special needs rabbit (or two at the push) if needed. Didn't want to email because it's not a definite space, because I can't really take in any more healthy rabbits.

I can still take a sick or special needs rabbit (or two at the push) if needed. Didn't want to email because it's not a definite space, because I can't really take in any more healthy rabbits.

Thank you. will see what we find and let you know if we need the space. I will be traveling up to Notts myself with somebuns.

Back