• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I be worried? UD...officially mental

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Came down to do their breakfast this morning to find quite a few tiny dark poos on the kitchen floor. Finding poo on the floor is unusual in itself as they are both very good with their litter trays.

My main concern is that I can't tell which bun they came from....although I think it is more likely to be Blue as he has never been a big fan of hay, whereas Marnie loves it and usually has FAB poos. Seperating them would be stressful for thm both though

Neither of them are showing ANY loss of apetite...and went nuts for their breakfast as normal.

Their behavious has changed over the last 3-4 days too, Marnie has become grumpy and nippy, and been humpiung Blue....and Blue has gotten very cuddly and demanding of attention and fussing. I've been putting this down to the fact that I'm about to pop...but should I be considoring it more as a health issue?

Do you think I should be worried about impending tummy problems? Terrible as it sounds but it really is the last thing I need right now....I wouldn't trust anyone else with the care of my buns if they were ill....but if something happens I might not be able to do what I needed to (because of giving birth and all that) I'd already arranged that if J and I have to stay over night in the hospital (rather than just me) then my little sis will come look after them, but good as she is with them I wouldn't be happy asking her to look after them if they were poorly.

Sorry this is SUCH a long post so early...but I'm so worried :?

Last edited:
Could J pop both Buns along to the Vet this morning. It might seem a bit OTT, but given the imminent arrival of Baby Bluesmum it might be a good idea. Vet can ascertain alot more from an examination-ie palpate abdomen, listen for gut sounds, check teeth etc.

Small poos are ALWAYS a warning sign and its so much better to act before Bun stops eating.

Good luck, Bunnies and their timing !!!

Could J pop both Buns along to the Vet this morning. It might seem a bit OTT, but given the imminent arrival of Baby Bluesmum it might be a good idea. Vet can ascertain alot more from an examination-ie palpate abdomen, listen for gut sounds, check teeth etc.

Small poos are ALWAYS a warning sign and its so much better to act before Bun stops eating.

Good luck, Bunnies and their timing !!!

Thanks Jane...it was what I was thinking anyway. I'll go with them...J thinks I'm just being silly and over protective of them...Bunny munchausen is what he calls it :roll:
They've both been shaking/itching their ears more than normal the past couple of days too...so I'll get that checked out too. I'm so glad you don't think I'm being mental :oops:
I'll take some of the poos with me so they can see what I mean, and some of Marnie 'normal' poos too

Thanks Jane...it was what I was thinking anyway. I'll go with them...J thinks I'm just being silly and over protective of them...Bunny munchausen is what he calls it :roll:
They've both been shaking/itching their ears more than normal the past couple of days too...so I'll get that checked out too. I'm so glad you don't think I'm being mental :oops:
I'll take some of the poos with me so they can see what I mean, and some of Marnie 'normal' poos too

Good idea !!

I am always taking C Poo gifts :oops:

Well, I now have 2 cross buns and a cross J :oops:

Kind of fell asleep on the sofa waiting to 8.30 (when they open) and didnt wake up till 9.30 :oops:

Rang up and the only appointment was at 10...so I had to wake J up and make him take me....without even a cup of tea :shock:

It was the older welsh guy today-he is very good with the buns (described Bea as a magnificent creature :love: )

He couldn't find anything wrong with them at all, he checked their teeth, ears, bums and tums....In fact, he said they were perfect bunnies, and he wished that all the buns he sees were in the same condition :oops:

With the poos, he said he's not too concerned....he couldnt feel any blockages so it might just be that one of them didn't feel like much hay yesterday

So I'm officialy just going a bit mental.....although he only charged me for one consult :D

Well, I now have 2 cross buns and a cross J :oops:

Kind of fell asleep on the sofa waiting to 8.30 (when they open) and didnt wake up till 9.30 :oops:

Rang up and the only appointment was at 10...so I had to wake J up and make him take me....without even a cup of tea :shock:

It was the older welsh guy today-he is very good with the buns (described Bea as a magnificent creature :love: )

He couldn't find anything wrong with them at all, he checked their teeth, ears, bums and tums....In fact, he said they were perfect bunnies, and he wished that all the buns he sees were in the same condition :oops:

With the poos, he said he's not too concerned....he couldnt feel any blockages so it might just be that one of them didn't feel like much hay yesterday

So I'm officialy just going a bit mental.....although he only charged me for one consult :D

So pleased that all is well for B+M :D

You would only have stressed about them all weekend if you hadn't gotten them checked out.

Now 'all' you have to stress about is having a baby................ :?

Oh thats good then, as Jane said you would have only remained stressed about it if you hadn't gone.. Oooo good luck with everything

Good luck with everything. Your buns are lucky to have you worrying about them at a time like this. :wave:

Back