• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rimmi smells a bit pongy...

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Why would that be?? Hes clean...... he smells like naughty poops I think..... Hes a bit scruffy at the moment as hes moulting like crazy...... Why does he smell and what should I do about it? :?

I don't know really, but if he smells of special poops are you sure he hasn't stood in one or got a little bit stuck in his fur somewhere? It'd only take a teensy bit to make a smell they're so stinky. Hope you get to the bottom of it (so to speak :lol:)

I'd give him a check over like the above post suggested but are you sure it isn't just gas. Once in a while Julie gets stinky gas.:lol:

Rabbits get gas ? :shock:

Ive checked him all over, there is nothing on him, hes ever such a clean lad, his feet are always spotless and so is him bottom.

Can I wipe him over with a damp cloth or something or leave him to it?? Ive never had this before! :lol:

Rabbits get gas ? :shock:

Ive checked him all over, there is nothing on him, hes ever such a clean lad, his feet are always spotless and so is him bottom.

Can I wipe him over with a damp cloth or something or leave him to it?? Ive never had this before! :lol:

My first rabbit would pass gas every so often. I never smelled it with any other the other rabbits I have had until Julie. Julie only has a few times. Bun Buns would pass a smelly gas when he stole food that he shouldn't of. Julie lives in the kitchen and will steal food sometimes too. Maybe it is because of that.:oops:

I thought rabbits couldn't pass gas, thats why they get bloated so easily? I agree with checking scent gland, or he may have stepped in a special poop. I wouldn't wipe him down tonight, see if he still pongs in the morning :wave:

Trust me, buns can definitely pass wind! I don't notice it noe they're outdoors but if they were on the settee you would suddenly get this strong whiff of Paxo stuffing :lol: it always happened after eating that naturals herbs plus or strong smelling fresh herbs lol it does fade quite quickly though so if it's a lingering smell it might not be that

Back