PDA

View Full Version : Rimmi smells a bit pongy...

TeflonsShadow
27-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Why would that be?? Hes clean...... he smells like naughty poops I think..... Hes a bit scruffy at the moment as hes moulting like crazy...... Why does he smell and what should I do about it? :?

paulinejoe
27-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I don't know really, but if he smells of special poops are you sure he hasn't stood in one or got a little bit stuck in his fur somewhere? It'd only take a teensy bit to make a smell they're so stinky. Hope you get to the bottom of it (so to speak :lol:)

bunnytoes
27-08-2010, 11:28 PM
I'd give him a check over like the above post suggested but are you sure it isn't just gas. Once in a while Julie gets stinky gas.:lol:

TeflonsShadow
27-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Rabbits get gas ? :shock:

Ive checked him all over, there is nothing on him, hes ever such a clean lad, his feet are always spotless and so is him bottom.

Can I wipe him over with a damp cloth or something or leave him to it?? Ive never had this before! :lol:

WeeBarraxO
27-08-2010, 11:37 PM
give his scent glands a wee check & maybe a wee clean too :wave:

their scent glands can get rather pongy

bunnytoes
27-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Rabbits get gas ? :shock:

Ive checked him all over, there is nothing on him, hes ever such a clean lad, his feet are always spotless and so is him bottom.

Can I wipe him over with a damp cloth or something or leave him to it?? Ive never had this before! :lol:

My first rabbit would pass gas every so often. I never smelled it with any other the other rabbits I have had until Julie. Julie only has a few times. Bun Buns would pass a smelly gas when he stole food that he shouldn't of. Julie lives in the kitchen and will steal food sometimes too. Maybe it is because of that.:oops:

OriginalFlintstone
27-08-2010, 11:55 PM
I thought rabbits couldn't pass gas, thats why they get bloated so easily? I agree with checking scent gland, or he may have stepped in a special poop. I wouldn't wipe him down tonight, see if he still pongs in the morning :wave:

paulinejoe
28-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Trust me, buns can definitely pass wind! I don't notice it noe they're outdoors but if they were on the settee you would suddenly get this strong whiff of Paxo stuffing :lol: it always happened after eating that naturals herbs plus or strong smelling fresh herbs lol it does fade quite quickly though so if it's a lingering smell it might not be that

mini lop1
28-08-2010, 09:33 AM
good point about the scent glands give them a quick check and clean