• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blackberry' a genious!!!

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
She told me she keeps potted basil etc when all the leaves are off and they grow again!!

I tried it and it works!!! I have new little green leaves - green gold if you will! Woo hoo!!!

You're a genious Blackie!! :p

Well, they won't come back as bushy as before, but every little helps :)

No go look at the pics of my boys having another pose!:wave:

She told me she keeps potted basil etc when all the leaves are off and they grow again!!

I tried it and it works!!! I have new little green leaves - green gold if you will! Woo hoo!!!

You're a genious Blackie!! :p

No good to me.:( Alas, basil is one of the many things Spenser will not eat. :roll: I tried him with it and he wouldn't go near his bowl until I had removed the offending leaves. :roll::roll:

Spenser seems like a wee rascal!!

He is indeed. :lol::love: I'm just about to go out to the hutch to say goodnight (you have to do these things when circumstances oblige you to keep a single bun :oops:) and am in fear and trepidation as to what I might find...:roll::roll::roll: Doubtless he will have eaten everything but the carrot (I give him some every so often just to make sure he won't touch it).

He is indeed. :lol::love: I'm just about to go out to the hutch to say goodnight (you have to do these things when circumstances oblige you to keep a single bun :oops:) and am in fear and trepidation as to what I might find...:roll::roll::roll: Doubtless he will have eaten everything but the carrot (I give him some every so often just to make sure he won't touch it).

Night night Spencer!! Eat up your carrot and say your prayers!:wave:

Ooh, I'm glad that does happen because Loxxy's nibbled off all the leaves on her plant, and I was sure I saw new shoots coming so I've left it in the hope it might grow again :D

No good to me.:( Alas, basil is one of the many things Spenser will not eat. :roll: I tried him with it and he wouldn't go near his bowl until I had removed the offending leaves. :roll::roll:

lol what a little foodie eh?!

Top tip about the basil, never thought of that :wave:

Do you mean keep them until next year and they will grow again? I grow mine in pots. They grow and produce leaves from late Winter to the next early winter at the fist frost that I forget to cover them. Julie loves the basil and I cook with it. Wonder if Julie would like dried basil?

Do you mean keep them until next year and they will grow again? I grow mine in pots. They grow and produce leaves from late Winter and early winter at the fist frost that I forget to cover them. Julie loves the basil and I cook with it. Wonder if Julie would like dried basil?

They will re-grow in the warmer weather, but need to be kept in a sheltered area, and not over watered. Am going to try and keep my post going over winter in a greenhouse. It works with parsley, but haven't overwintered basil before :wave:

They will re-grow in the warmer weather, but need to be kept in a sheltered area, and not over watered. Am going to try and keep my post going over winter in a greenhouse. It works with parsley, but haven't overwintered basil before :wave:

Parsley?!! PARSLEY!!!???? GENIOUS!!!!!!! Could I dig mine out of the garden and grow it in the house?

Thanks. That is good to know. It doesn't get really cold here in Texas for very many days in a row in the Winter. I have a big raise garden bed. In the fall I plant all Julie's favorite cool weather crop. In the winter I cover the thing with a big piece of plastic. She has greens all winter. I might just go ahead then and cover the basil pots too then. That is good to know as she loves basil.

Thanks. That is good to know. It doesn't get really cold here in Texas for very many days in a row in the Winter. I have a big raise garden bed. In the fall I plant all Julie's favorite cool weather crop. In the winter I cover the thing with a big piece of plastic. She has greens all winter. I might just go ahead then and cover the basil pots too then. That is good to know as she loves basil.

Hello away over there in Texas!!!! Just wanted to say that! :wave:

Hello away over there in Texas!!!! Just wanted to say that! :wave:

:wave: Hey, I have a trick. Julie loves carrot tops but is not crazy about the carrots themselves. I cut the green tops off for her and the carrot left in the ground will grow new tops. I do this over and over again. It saves time and money for new seeds.

:wave: Hey, I have a trick. Julie loves carrot tops but is not crazy about the carrots themselves. I cut the green tops off for her and the carrot left in the ground will grow new tops. I do this over and over again. It saves time and money for new seeds.

Ha! Excellent! I just get mine free from the green grocer - not as fresh though!!

Night night!

Back