• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rascal snip update (plus photos, prepare to laugh)

Zara

Mama Doe
Got back from the vets about an hour ago. turns out Rascal was living up to his name :roll: here's what happened:

Me and Sean: we're here to pick up our rabbit, Rascal.

Nurse: Rascal is it? He's certainly BEEN a rascal!

I glanced at Sean, wondering what trouble he'd caused this time :shock:

she led us into the consultation room and I was presented with this:

STA72150.jpg

STA72149-1.jpg

I laughed hysterically for a few minutes :lol::oops:

turns out he'd been a hyper little git, after they gave him his aneasthetic he apparantly started bouncing around all over the place like a loon before it kicked in, whe he woke up after surgery he began scoffing hay straight away, and then he started to desperately try to rip his stitches out :roll:

He was happy to see me despite me laughing at him, and leaned up and leant on my shoulder whilst he was on the table, causing the nurse to smile.

He's going back for a check up tomorrow and we have some emergency food mix incase he stops eating, but I doubt we'll need it as he's currently munching happily on parsley.

He's still desperate to get to his plumbs though, and the poor lad hates the lampshade, he tried desperately to get it off and ended up crashing into the wall :lol: but he's adjusting to it well now and is pretty relaxed and chilled out.

we're bringing his cage into the bedroom for tonight to keep an eye on him better, Hope he recovers fast :D

:lol: angel he is not! Well hopefully he won't be causing more trouble for a few days

Haha bless!!! Some of them are so naughty, my girl Ruby was running round the vet pen literally 30 mins after waking up. They told me they had to remove all diggable items and the box they gave her to hide in (she was jumping onto it).

He's looking adorable :love:

That is just brilliant. Loki's going for the snip next month, if he gets one I don't think I'll ever stop giggling.

Yeah they tried explaining about him not being able to eat his poos with that on, luckily for me I had already thought of that and I keep taking it off him for a few minutes now and then so he can eat them, I even hand-fed him some of the nommy-poops :lol: Sean thought that was disgusting, but he needs to eat them, at least rascal was grateful for my help :roll: And I keep checking on his bum everytime I check that his stitches are still ok

The vet seemed rather relieved that I know the basics about bunnies, they must get some people who refuse to believe rabbits need to eat the poops.

Awwww pity they didn't do internal sutures, I hope he will be alright through the night with the cone on :(

he's adjusted to it now, we replaced the bandage holding it on with a kitten collar, and he's much more comfortable now. He keeps getting fussed and cuddled, not to mention fed generous amounts of parsely so apart from falling asleep on the bed every few minutes he's in a good mood ^^

he's adjusted to it now, we replaced the bandage holding it on with a kitten collar, and he's much more comfortable now. He keeps getting fussed and cuddled, not to mention fed generous amounts of parsely so apart from falling asleep on the bed every few minutes he's in a good mood ^^

Awww thats good, hope he has a good night.

:lol::love:

I remember when Leo had one of these on for around two months. We had to make coriander and poo sandwiches :shock:

Small update on rascal, he's been given a prescription of baytril by the vet because he looks a bit inflamed down there :roll: and we have to put a tiny sprinkling of Bio-lapis on his food everyday for now.

I think he might be developing helicopter ears :shock: I don't know whether it's temporary or not but one of his ears is down like a lop ear, this usually happens only when he's asleep but ever since he came home after his operation it's been down all the time. Could it be a reaction to the aneasthetic? hoping it'll go back up, he wouldn't look right as a lop :lol:

Back