• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And lastly, please meet the kits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not nquite sure how many you have there.:?:oops: They all sort of blend in to a beautiful bundle of fur. :love: Is it seven?

I have quite a few rabbit breeder friends, one who has 30 years experiece and she has always used a flash and said it would be ok.

Really thats interesting are any of them members on here? I read that it can be very dangerous on young kits eyesight to use a flash, in fact I was under the impression that bright lighting of any kind isn't a good idea, hence why they have their kits in burrows or enclosed nesting area's ideally, I thought it could actually cause blindness in extreme cases :?

Really thats interesting are any of them members on here? I read that it can be very dangerous on young kits eyesight to use a flash, in fact I was under the impression that bright lighting of any kind isn't a good idea, hence why they have their kits in burrows or enclosed nesting area's ideally, I thought it could actually cause blindness in extreme cases :?

No, they are not on this forum. Also the kits are in the light anyway as they are house bunnies and mum built the nest in her litter tray so they are not enclosed in the dark.

No, they are not on this forum.

Oh right, I would double check with them about the flash, don't know what sort of camera you have but, probably best to take pics in the daylight to minimise the risk of potential damage.

Oh right, I would double check with them about the flash, don't know what sort of camera you have but, probably best to take pics in the daylight to minimise the risk of potential damage.

I trust my friends advice. none of their bunnies have ever been blinded.

No, they are not on this forum. Also the kits are in the light anyway as they are house bunnies and mum built the nest in her litter tray so they are not enclosed in the dark.

No I can see that, given that she didn't have an option of an enclosed area the litter tray is probably the next best thing eh as it has hay. I thought generally doe's preferred to toilet away from the kits aswell - has she still been urinating and pooing in her tray ?

I trust my friends advice. none of their bunnies have ever been blinded.

Of course you do, I am not saying that you shouldn't - I wonder if the damage that is caused by bright flashes from camera's is instantly recognisable though, maybe it is something which becomes apparent after they have sold them?

No I can see that, given that she didn't have an option of an enclosed area the litter tray is probably the next best thing eh as it has hay. I thought generally doe's preferred to toilet away from the kits aswell - has she still been urinating and pooing in her tray ?

The litter tray is cleaned every morning so she built the nest in a clean tray. As soon as she had the kits I put another tray in for her to toilet in at the other end and she is using that now.

The litter tray is cleaned every morning so she built the nest in a clean tray. As soon as she had the kits I put another tray in for her to toilet in at the other end and she is using that now.

Oh ok thats good, I expect if you'd put an enclosed 'nest' box in for her in addition to her litter tray she would have used it, I really recommend actually that perhaps you check with the vet about the flash photography when you take them for a health check maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back