• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hutch combo

drboo

Mama Doe
I am sure this has been asked a million times before, but is the 6ftx2ftx2ft version of this combo:

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=70

recommended and approved by rescues? Or are there any better alternatives? Also, to anyone who has it, is the hutch easily accessible and easy to clean? Am I right in thinking you can access the run using a door in the run itself? Thanks :wave:

I have one. Rescue homed to me :D

Easy to assemble (or so I was told :lol: ), easy to clean. I accessed the run by lifting the top part of the run up. It is on hinges.

I used to have one and, providing it meets the rescue's size requirements (one or two rescues I enquired with said it was too small) I don't think rescues would have a problem with the hutch itself.

It only has a couple of latch type things to close the doors, so you would need to add your own locks, but the same applies with most other hutch/run combos.

I set mine up the opposite way to the photos - so the run was at the back - and it made access to the hutch itself much easier. (I can attach a photo if you don't understand what I mean ;))

The run has a hinged lid as fluffiebunnie said. :) And, yes, it was pretty easy to assemble..... which was just as well as the instructions weren't much good. :lol:

Hello:wave: I have one too (6x2x2 with 6x4 run under). I really have been pleased with mine but have had a ready made cover on it since day 1 so protects it a little more, and I also set it up so that I could reach easily to clean it out. The run is not high enough though and I only have my 2 little bunnies in it, but I am sure they would make it taller for you. If I bought a new set up again I would go for something bigger to be honest but I really think its fantastic value for money. I also have been thinking of putting hinges on the run opening as holding it up is a pain if you know what I mean! :D

I have a feeling they have started to make the run part itself less than 2ft tall so might be worth checking as some rescues might have a problem with that.

I found it a bit of a pain to get to the hutch with the lid on the way it is 'supposed' to be, but you can turn it round so the hinges are on the outside and that way you can access the hutch by opening the run and standing inside it.

I would check with whatever rescue you plan to adopt from before buying anything though, as requirements will vary so it's better to find out before rather than after!

Sorry meant to say, inbetween houses at mo but will be sorting out the run not high enough situation very soon may do a temp fix for now, and they also have a bigger separate run for the grass :D

Back