• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosie Update - she's pooing... a bit

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Well I took Penelope and Rosie in for their spays today and Penelope's went fine (she's now with Hurricain Honey while she recovers, as I've only got one indoor cage) but Rosie's came back with a £200 bill and a whole list of problems :(

Apparently her womb and ovaries and all her girl bits were cystic. And the vet has said she wants to do extra bloods on her next week because her bladder didn't "look" right. Apparently she had sharp spurs all over her teeth that had cut into her mouth and caused a lot of swelling :(

So... hmmm...it's going to be a long road. She's back but not eating yet and looks very fragile. Please send vibes for little Rosie.

Last edited:
She hasn't given pain relief to me, but I have an appointment with the vet at 10pm tonight for her to be given more, and then at 7am tomorrow morning and onwards...I asked if I could take it, but she said she has a policy to not give patients/owners their own drugs to use at it has gone wrong in the past. :roll:

Is it a bad sign that her ovaries and womb and tubes etc were cystic? Or is that just something that happens to buns if you leave it late to spay them?

Poor baby! Maybe you could ask the vet about why she was prone to having the cysts. At least now they've been removed, she hopefully wont have anymore problems. Sending lots of vibes and good wishes x

She hasn't given pain relief to me, but I have an appointment with the vet at 10pm tonight for her to be given more, and then at 7am tomorrow morning and onwards...I asked if I could take it, but she said she has a policy to not give patients/owners their own drugs to use at it has gone wrong in the past. :roll:

Is it a bad sign that her ovaries and womb and tubes etc were cystic? Or is that just something that happens to buns if you leave it late to spay them?

Im sorry I dont kow either.:(...vibes for Rosie & Penelope...hopefully someone will comment about Rosies condition soon...:)

At least she has been sorted out now Kate. Poor baby.

Dont let your vet not give you metacam to take home with you tomorrow. They are shut Sunday/Monday and its not acceptable for them not to give you pain relief for you to give her yourself if you need it.

Have you got some critical care if she doesn't start eating?

Sending loads of vibes for Rosie tonight hope she gets on OK. Don't worry about Penelope she's eaten some carrot, pellets and dandelions and is flopped out.

So she's been to the vets, she's had more pain relief, she's still not eating, so I've got a silver packet of recovery and a syringe...

What do I do with it?!

Know how you're feeling, Lady's just been readmitted for fluids and pain relief, she wouldn't eat since op yesterday and we were force feeding her over night.

Collecting her again this afternoon.
Fingers crossed for our little Rosie and Lady... Vibes for Rosie!!!:wave:

Thats fantastic Kate. How is she.

How much metacam did they give her at the vets? Did they give you any to administer tomorrow and Monday?

Poor rosie is still not good. The vets and I just can't get her to eat, I'm so worried. She's properly in stasis and not pooing anymore. I'm syringe-feeding her but the most she'll take is 3ml every 2 hours and that's it. Is that enough?

I have oral metacam and metoclopramide but it foesn't seem to be making any difference :(

My poor girl..

Back