• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

good vet checkup

JLG

Mama Doe
:oops:totally pointless post but I had my 2 at the vet yesterday as I thought their nails needed cutting and I can't do it alone until I grown another arm :lol:
I also wanted them weighing accurately as they've been on a diet for 6 weeks and although I thought they looked better, I wanted the vets opinion.
Anyway, their nails hardly needed cutting at all :oops: - they've got black nails and its really hard to see where the quick finishes and the rest of the nail is, but anyway they have got quite long quicks so at least I know now how long their nails are when they are newly cut.
Weight wise, they had both actually gained a little bit :cry: but the vet said she was quite happy with them because they have both become a lot more muscled up - they were quite flabby before, so the weight is because they've turned flab into muscle.:D Must be the free ranging they get every night and the climbing up and downstairs in their hutch.
So just to say i am getting slightly less paranoid about them
thanks for indulging me :wave:

I think I'm even more paranoid than you :oops: - maybe worse, because my lad doesn't get free-ranging and can't use his stairs. :( So far he's in good trim, but I hope he's at least stair-wise by winter when the weather might not be suitable for several hours a day in his run. :wave:

Back