• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

who has a indoor bunny

I have four ;)

They are in in two pairs and they each have permanent access to one bedroom. I use NIC panels to block off access to anything I don't want them to get to.

IE.

_IGP8537-vi.jpg

and

_IGP8502-vi.jpg

and

_IGP8503-vi.jpg

where are them nic panels from?I was thinking of gettin a medium dog pen for overnight as she chews too much to be let loose :)

Julie is in the kitchen. The kitchen is the easiest room to bunny proof. All I had to do was cover the baseboards with plastic to prevent chewing and put anything that I don't want her into out of her reach. She loves to forage at night so I hide food around the kitchen, in her hay and amongst her toys before I go to bed. She plays all night and is fine.

those panels look great - but do the buns not try to pull them over or get behind them?
Mine (outdoor buns) are terrible for trying to go wherever it is that I've blocked off for them -I've seen them pulling at wire mesh to try to get down the side of the hutch and getting quite irate about not being able to get behind the shed - its quite funny to watch :lol:

those panels look great - but do the buns not try to pull them over or get behind them?
Mine (outdoor buns) are terrible for trying to go wherever it is that I've blocked off for them -I've seen them pulling at wire mesh to try to get down the side of the hutch and getting quite irate about not being able to get behind the shed - its quite funny to watch :lol:

I find it is much easier to try and be one step ahead of Julie and block off what ever before she discovers it. Once she has gone there she will try almost anything and everything to get back there. I try to use something solid for blocking. I can see Julie trying to stick her head and paws through the wire.

yes I'm going to have a look when I get home,are they more likely to chew skirting boards than wallpaper?

I am not sure about that but I don't have wall paper. A lot of people on here talk about their rabbits chewing the wall paper. You could try to cover the wall paper to the height that she is when she is standing on two feet. She looks like a small bun.

No they ignore them most of the time. It doesn't actually block off an 'area' so to speak, just items of furniture I don't want them getting to. One end of the ones under the desk is attached to the deskleg. The other will be attached to a babygate once we get one that'll fit our thin door! The ones in front of the bookcase are held up one end with a chair and one end with the bin.

yeh not sure what would be suitable to cover it with tho..my wallpaper isn't through choice

I bought this heavy duty plastic sold by the linear foot. They have huge rolls of it at my home improvement store. The store cuts off how much you need. I measure and cut for the baseboards and use Velcro to attach it. It is sturdy enough that you could extend it up the wall a little. I would attach it to the wall before your bunny discovers the wallpaper is fun to chew. It is slick and hard for a bunny to really get at. I tried to cover something that she liked to chew already though and Julie figured out how to get a paw between overlapping pieces of the plastic and undo the Velcro.

Mine have constant access to my room as well as their pen 24/7. I have used the NIC grids to block off the area underneath my bed and that is all. They are usually pretty good.

Back