• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor buns going indoors for a little visit!?

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Those of you with outdoor buns ... how often, if at all, do your bunnies come indoors for a play?

And in winter is it still ok to bring bunnies in for a few hours or would the difference in temperature be too much for them??

Cheers, Jo

Those of you with outdoor buns ... how often, if at all, do your bunnies come indoors for a play?

And in winter is it still ok to bring bunnies in for a few hours or would the difference in temperature be too much for them??

Cheers, Jo

i wouldn't bring them in in winter personally, massive temperature change would do a lot more harm than good in my opinion :)

Biscuit won't be going outside in the winter at all for the same reason (apart from the fact our back garden is a soggy bog when its wet!:lol:)

Shouldn't really have posted as Biccy's a house bun:oops::roll:

I bring my rabbits indoor daily (even in winter) but our heating system in our rented isn't exactly brilliant so its still pretty cold in there, plus mine are in an unused garage so not as completely open to the elements as a true outdoor bun. As a general rule you'd want to avoid drastic changes in temperature.

I thought that might be the case tbh .... think I read it on here in fact!

Lets just hope we get a nice September then I can bring the bunnies in for regular 'visits' when they're bonded.

OH really isn't liking the idea of them coming in permanently (well, for winter) ......... however, we've not had 'bonding' yet ..... I'm hoping once they're in for bonding in a couple of weeks, he'll love having them there so much that they'll not go back out!!

However, he's allergic to cats ... just hoping the buns don't bother him allergy-wise!

xx

I thought that might be the case tbh .... think I read it on here in fact!

Lets just hope we get a nice September then I can bring the bunnies in for regular 'visits' when they're bonded.

OH really isn't liking the idea of them coming in permanently (well, for winter) ......... however, we've not had 'bonding' yet ..... I'm hoping once they're in for bonding in a couple of weeks, he'll love having them there so much that they'll not go back out!!

However, he's allergic to cats ... just hoping the buns don't bother him allergy-wise!

xx
My Father in law is allergic to any pet hair (long term medical condition..) so he hasn't been round for over 4 months... i didnt know that until after we had Biscuit... :roll::shock:

Mine does most of her exercise indoors.... OH still hasn't finished building the run, and after the neighbours cat's making a play for her i don't want her out there free ranging.... We're thinking of bringing her indoors for the winter as i'm worried about how she'll get out and about if the weather's rubbish

My OH is allergic to dogs and cats and also it turned out hay and straw, that coupled with the fact they were eating the house (literally) they are now enjoying life in the great outdoors. I wanted to bring them in last night as they'd had their myxi jabs and it was nippy out but I thought it would have probably traumatised them more coming into a warm house without their stuff in any more then putting them back out again later in the cold so i just put them straight back in their own house and they were fine.

Mine are outdoor buns and they really don't like being indoors - theres always alot of stamping and not much else so I've stopped. We just play outside, and when its raining they don't want to play anyway, they just want to be in the hutch with lots of noms :D:

I used to bring mine inside during the day and put them out at night until I realised it wasn't very good for them. Then somehow :oops: they ended up staying indoors all the time. :D

I used to bring mine inside during the day and put them out at night until I realised it wasn't very good for them. Then somehow :oops: they ended up staying indoors all the time. :D

Thats how its meant to happen though isn't it? :lol::wave:

Cheers, Jo

Bluebell has always been out doors but she always coming into the house she runs about goes up the stairs has a sleep then comes bk down so i went out brought a stair gate to stop her coming in all the time and she just squshed herself through the gaps so now i have a rug weaved throught the bars which has stoped her but my lil one leaves the gate open she runs straight in i just let her be now ive had no poblems with her

Baby goes into my grandmas house all the time. No buns allowed in my house anymore for more than a few minutes, Harley jumped up onto my mums knee, wee'd on her then ran off :shock::lol:

Bramble comes indoors for a hop around, but we don't normally let him in during the winter when the heating is on.

Back