• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgkdaisy

Young Bun
This morning while I was doing mry daily mornin' jog, I found this stray little beagle sitting on the road. I walked her to my house (assuming she was stray because she didn't have a collar.) I did the same thing when I found my little stray cat Chip. (Who is now sadly dead.) I looked all around her and didn't see any other beagles. When we got to my house, I called the vet and she said she could take her in for rabies and other vaccitions today @ 4:00. Should I call the vet back and come or should I let the little pup go? I really want to keep her. :? I called hubby at work and he said that I should take her to the vet. He also said it's up to me because of my allergies. I'm putting in a yes. So right now we have 2 yes'. Who wants to join me? Show your love for this little pup. :love: :love: :love:

Well I wouldn't just release her :?

Have a ring round local vets, charities and animal shelters to see if anyone has reported her missing. Check if she's microchipped. Then think about keeping her permanently - is you want a another dog as well as babies and rabbits that is ;)

I just brought her to the police station they haven't reported her missing and they just checked, and no, she is not micro chipped. I already asked everyone in the neighboorhood, so do you think that's enough to be able to tell if she has an owner?

Before you decide I would put some "Dog Found" notices up around your neighbourhood. Don't put a picture or description to make sure that anyone that answers your notice can describe the dog to ensure they are the owner.

Call the local pound and the local shelter too to see if she has been reported. She may have easily escaped from someone's garden and gone wondering.

If you don't find anyone within a certain period of time, then she is yours to adopt, but I would continue looking for her owners.

I agree with the above try and find the owners first because when my dog escaped from my garden she also had no collar or microchip i spent ages looking for her then found a man taking her to his house luckily she saw me and ran straight to me! id have been very annoyed and heartbroken had he taken her and not bothered finding me I was lucky and just happened to be in teh right place at teh right time.

but if you get no response then i deffinatly dont see any problem with you keeping her :D

Shelter doesn't know anything about it. :( I mean I want to keep her but I want her to find her true home if she has one.;)

Oh my she is beautfiful. I hope she wasn't dumped - how could anyone do that? :shock:

I'm sure if you're "meant" to have her you will ;)

Keep us posted :)

Oh my she is beautfiful. I hope she wasn't dumped - how could anyone do that? :shock:

I'm sure if you're "meant" to have her you will ;)

Keep us posted :)

I dont think its teh real pic of the dog maybe just an example as its from google and in teh background you can see its for sale for £500 :)

edit teh background is no longer there with teh price :?

I have no clue what happened to her. I found her near a burnt down house in my neighborhood, so that's not a good sign.

Ok this is my last chance, I'm about to go do some errands, Should I keep her? I have 5 more minutes then I need to get out. I need to call the vet's office before I leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back