• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Nest

EGttns

New Kit
Hi

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago to say my doe had babies (all three are still alive, and doing well - which we're happy about!)

The question I have is - she built the nest and had the babies in her litter tray in her cage. As the babies are now 16 days old (and have been out of the nest, walking around the room on the carpet, and held by my partner and myself), do you think it would be ok to reinstate the litter tray's normal use? I.e. Move the nest out of the tray or something?

It's obviously very smelly and extremely annoying to be cleaning out her whole cage every couple of days at the moment! I can't wait to have her going in the litter tray again!

I would move her litter tray to another area off the hutch ..then put some of the fir and nest in the area the litter tray used to be ..If they are walking about now they have in a way left the nest and will start snuggling up together to get heat ect .

Back