• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Cakes

Hi:wave:, how much hay is in a hay cake? I'm try to get Phebs to get more 'lose' hay but she's not interested, although she does love a hay cake and woofs them down.

I just wondered how much hay is compacted down into a cake? You can see a great big handfull of hay disappearing (or not in this case) but I can't judge it with the cakes!

Any ideas????
Thanks

I don't like those hay cakes tbh. I think they're good if that's the only hay they'll eat but they don't have the same chewing and wearing action on the teeth. Mine all prefer nice long strands.

I baked some blueberry biscuits for my bun who wasn't overly keen on hay... i was intending to cut the hay really small but i couldn't find the scissors and eventually gave up tearing it so it had long strands and now she eats hay like she should be. The biscuits seem to have encouraged her to eat hay... maybe you could try something like that?

Back