• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elderly doe making a nest

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I got Jill from Kirkby Pet Welfare earlier in the year. Her previous owner said she was 7 or 8 years old when he signed her over. I've recently bonded her to a neutered male rabbit, and this seems to have made her go into a false pregnancy...she keeps pulling her fur out and is making a nest in a bag of hay :roll:

I've never had a doe this old go through a phantom pregnancy. Does this suggest that she's younger than her previous owner said...or could an 8 year old doe still be this hormonal?

I got Jill from Kirkby Pet Welfare earlier in the year. Her previous owner said she was 7 or 8 years old when he signed her over. I've recently bonded her to a neutered male rabbit, and this seems to have made her go into a false pregnancy...she keeps pulling her fur out and is making a nest in a bag of hay :roll:

I've never had a doe this old go through a phantom pregnancy. Does this suggest that she's younger than her previous owner said...or could an 8 year old doe still be this hormonal?

Yes xx

Back