• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Insurance

Daisyd

Young Bun
Do you have rabbit insurance, and if so how much do you pay?

I have it for my bunny, but was just reading an article on rabbit rehome and am wondering if I am being ripped off. I pay £13.50 a month to Pet Plan and have had my bunny insured since she was 8 weeks old, so no bad medical history etc... my excess is £65.

I still think it's worth it as I'd hate the dilemma of not being able to afford treatment for something expensive, but it doesn't cover dental work and I know this is one of the biggest things to make bunnies sick!

Are there better deals out there I don't know about?

im about to insure my bun (soon to be buns!) with pet plan but im just waiting til i've got the 2nd bun so i can insure them both at the same time.

My quotation was £9.97 i think for a single bun?

It does depend on postcode i think as they have to factor in different vet costs in different areas.

Most people pay £9 per month per bun on the multi pet discount I believe, but it does vary by postcode and your price isn't that unusual.

I know petplan don't cover the cost of burring, trimming the teeth. But I think they should cover the cost of other dental problems or other health problems caused by dental issues, as long as your pet has had a dental checkup in the last 12 months. That's just my reading of their terms and conditions though, you may want to check with them.

It's definately worth it though, and petplan do provide the best coverage out there.

I pay £9 something per bun for two including multi-pet discount. They will pay out for dental issues if they are a side effect of something else, for examply, Joe had an abscess which pushed his jaw to one side which caused his teeth not to line up and they were overgrowing on one side and they paid for him to have them filed down, but they did specify on the remittance thing that it was a one-off and that future dental problems would be excluded.

Insured mine when I got them in May with petplan - 2 buns for £17.73 a month, can't remember what the excess is but its not £65.
They are very quick to put exclusions on the policy but apparently they review them at each renewal (let's just see if they do)

Back