• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter trained bunnies

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone actually have buns that are? Completely I mean? Mine use theirs about 60% of the time. I've kinda given up even trying now. Is it possible for a bun to use it's littertray say, more than 95% of the time?

Biscuit is 98.7565757% litter trained :)

he *never* wees outside his litter trays (one in living room during free-range and one in his pen).

We get one or two a day out of the litter trays which happen when he's sleeping / snoozing whilst flopped out.

The only other time i get them on the floor is if he kicks them out when jumping out of the litter tray, but thats because his litter trays are only those small corner ones which i desperately need to replace!

Took me about 3 hours to litter train him when he was 10 weeks old, BEFORE he was neutered at 16ish weeks.

I have been told i should be honoured at this ease of training though...

Mine is definately not litter trained 100% of the time. Once i identified the spots she likes her tray to be in, she only wees in the tray unless the tray is moved and then she gets confused - like the other day when my brother in law sat where her tray goes (it has to be on the sofa in a particular corner or she ignores it) In her hutch, she poos in it but for some reason, the sofas are fair game for poos

hmmm,
Winston yes but we sometimes get splash back and winston was 2.5 years when we got him never been in litter tray before and went in no probs never looked back since, even when he was upstairs he ran down stairs to go to potty so now we have one upstairs also.
Angel yesish but if shes hurting and needs to go to vets she will pee on living room floor when I say pee I mean tidal wave. It took her a little getting used to potty and resulted in her actually coming to us everytime she need a pee to carry her onto the thrown. Now she goes to back door if she needs a pee and we let her out like a dog.
Jack was but for some reason has taken to pooing in his cage when he eats. Although he doesnt in room, and just when hes scoffing although he will move into his potty for wee-wees.

Dizzi and Rascal are a bit odd with this tbh!!

They never wee outside their litter trays (unless they come inside and sit on something soft, like a fleece, then it seems to be an automatic response! lol) and they do 90% of their poops in their litter trays but whenever I've just cleaned their hutches and put fresh litter trays in .... they both do about 3 or 4 poops outside it - but then go in it for the rest of the time!

The only time they haven't done this is when one of them has been indoors post-op .... the bun left outside had a 100% aim inside the litter tray (as did the one indoors, althoug rascal got a bit confused and slept in his litter tray and pooped/wee'd in the pet bed)!!

I'm wondering if they're marking their territory as they're separated but can still see/smell each other, and if when they're bonded, they'll stop doing this and do all their business in the tray instead!?! :?

My lionheads definitely aren't. My lops on the other hand are pretty good. Usually the only poos that I find not in their trays are ones that coming flying out of the tray with them when they jump out.

Molly always wees in the litter tray, but poops everywhere. Cant blame her though, since they do poo an awful lot.

Brian uses his litter tray for wee about 6 out of 7 days of the week. It seems sometimes he just has to go somewhere else. Again, he poops far too much for me to expect him to get it all in the tray.

My two are pretty good. The only time we have had accidents is when my girl had her babies - in her litter tray. So understandably, she didn't know where to wee, so went on the carpet a couple of times. Other than that, they're fine.

They do seem to poo outside the tray quite a bit... I'm thinking maybe because I put their hay outside the tray, so when they sit there munching, they have a few poos in the meantime? lol.

mine are about 90% litter trained, but they live in the shed most of the time so when they do come in the house im actually quite suprised that they remember to use it!

Pip is about 99% litter trained....Occasionally we have the odd poo beside the tray but they are ones which have come out during digging or climbing!

Rusty is not quite there - but getting there.....he now only uses the top section where his tray is based, he does all his wee's in the tray, but he does have a bad habbit of leaving droppings surrounding the tray!:roll:

I continually round them up and put them in the tray, hopefully we will get there soon :lol:

Lilly and Tilly (aka Muscles) are completly littertrained, like wise so is SophieAnnie and Shauny, they all just took to it without us even trying. They occasionally when very excited furt out one poo, but we can live with that:D

Shauny when we first got him was a different story, his fav spot was the bed:roll:, but that i think was because we waited to long before we had him neutered. But im happy to say that stopped a few months later, and he hasnt had an 'incident' for aprox 2 years now:D

Phoebe is very good, she sleeps upstairs with me all night and doesn't go either wee or poops, she is busting in the morning though:D. Sometimes I hear her go downstairs in the night to use her tray, then she comes back up to bed. (we have had the odd accident upstairs mind you).

Also for some reason she does like to 'go' when were having cuddles on the sofa, I've had to resort to covering it in towels to protect it.:roll:

For the most part she's well trained :D

when they are locked up, they NEVER wee or poo outside their litter tray. In the garden they are very good fertilizers :lol::lol:

Louie is completely littertrained. He even comes back in from the garden to go in his tray :love:

Mine are the same! they are both in the garden for hours, but always go back into the shed to use their trays! I wish they would do it outside on the grass and I wouldn't have to clean out the trays as often!:roll:

Does anyone actually have buns that are? Completely I mean? Mine use theirs about 60% of the time. I've kinda given up even trying now. Is it possible for a bun to use it's littertray say, more than 95% of the time?

Sorry to tell you this but mine never go anywhere else!! :D I'm so grateful!! Like to say I had something to do with it but they just trained themselves!

Outdoor two have decided to leave maltesers all over the shed but, only wee in the trays phew - indoor 2 use their trays although the odd malteser is found around Gizmo's area atm since having Pixie next door. She is fab and seems to have the hang of it and is only a baby.

Outdoor two have decided to leave maltesers all over the shed but, only wee in the trays phew - indoor 2 use their trays although the odd malteser is found around Gizmo's area atm since having Pixie next door. She is fab and seems to have the hang of it and is only a baby.

Oh, now if we're talking malteezers!! Mine have a poop party every night!!! It's everywhere in the morning!! But wee, that stays in the litter tray!

Back