• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More abused bunnies....

This is Todd. He is 9 years old now and came in when the owner was moving and Todd couldn't go with them. They have had him since he was a baby and from the looks of it, left in a hutch...
HPIM6835.jpg

This is a lump of poo ingrained in the fur on his face! His eyes are runny but because of his age he cannot have a dental or be neutered.
HPIM6836.jpg

Here are his talons. This tells me he has been confined to a hutch for a long time.
HPIM6839.jpg

:mad:
HPIM6842.jpg

He is a nice boy though, poor lad. All the previous owner wanted to talk about was the fact she was going to a wedding tomorrow and she hopes it doesn't rain...
HPIM6844.jpg

This is Star who is almost 6 years old. We will get her speyed asap however she isn't in a much better state. Her bum is compacted in poo and I can't even see her anus! I shall soak it throughout the day.
HPIM6847.jpg

Star's nails were in a bad way too.
HPIM6848.jpg

HPIM6849.jpg

They had "rescued" Star when she was 2 years old.... I will make sure her next home is the home she should have always had!
Star will be looking for a home with a neutered buck :)
HPIM6855.jpg

How can you let a bun get that bad? :(

I dont understand - they are both beautiful lookings bunnys:wave:

I cant see but they do look in fairly good condition for being left for so long so the people must have been doing something right albeit not much but something. Im glad they brought them to you least they'll get the home they deserve and treat better.
But how on earth after 9 years could you not want your pet anymore just shows how much they love them:roll:

They are gorgeous though they'll find homes quick who wouldn't want them! reminds me of the story How Could you?
http://www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com/hcy.html

I hate reading threads like this, it breaks my heart to read about it! I know the hutch size i have my rabbit isn't ideal, i got it from Pets at Home but i don't understand how people can possibly think its ok for this? Even as a child and we had rabbits, we tried to get them out as often as possible

What lovely rabbits how could someone not do what they should, i just can't think about it, Glad they did pass them over at least they now can have a happier life with loads of love.
People do think having a rabbit is easy, it really makes me mad i try telling them rabbits need time alot of it and love. Even now my poor Sooty is in the vets and i am really upset and worrid but people just don't understand they either say oh it's just a rabbit!! or look at you as if your mad!! I really want to scream they are my bestest friends and i miss him so much it's horrid having one empty hutch and the other rabbits are missing him too!

Todd 9 years old :shock: Oh Bless him I hope he hasn't had to endure 9 years of hell if we had the room we would take them as we could give them a wonderful few years with us but we have 18 now and are short of space but I hope to God someone gives them loving and caring forever homes soon :cry::cry:

Poor babies, it makes me so angry that people can find it acceptable to put rabbits in a tiny prison and just leave them there :cry:

Hope they find a lovely home very soon.

FFS how hard is it for people to get their bun's nails clipped :? Even if you can't do it yourself it's only like £7 at the vets. Idiots.

glad these two have got their second chance now though :wave:

I cant see but they do look in fairly good condition for being left for so long so the people must have been doing something right albeit not much but something. Im glad they brought them to you least they'll get the home they deserve and treat better.
But how on earth after 9 years could you not want your pet anymore just shows how much they love them:roll:

They are gorgeous though they'll find homes quick who wouldn't want them! reminds me of the story How Could you?

I've just read "How could you" :cry:

I just read "How could you" too....oh it broke my heart...:cry:

oh Todd & Star!:shock::cry: what aweful nails & poop everywhere....they look so sad....Im so glad you have them now...goodness how can people do that - looks like they were forgotten about...:cry:

Were they kept together? At least they had company if so...:(
Will they be rehomed together?
Is there soemthing wrong with Todds teeth then?
Bless him little man...oh I just wanna hug them...lotsa noserubs from us all!:love:

It is DESPICABLE that anyone could be so horribly neglectful! Anyone who even tries to use ignorance as a defence is intellectually crippled! :evil:

I AM FUMING!!!! :censored::censored::censored:

At the same time I am so thrilled for those sweet buns...they are just lovely.

Back