• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oscar bun is poorly Update Sat evening :D

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
he wont eat anything i offer, he keeps laying down and getting back up like he isnt comfortable. mum said he ate this mornining when she put them out, but he wont take anything from me, offered him everything, all his favs, but nothing, which isnt like him. he is pooing but is less active and is sitting in the corner of the run or laying in the tunnel.

were going to the Vets at two, or to the emergency centre if he gets worse, but i dont like the Vets there, so fingers crossed.

:(

Last edited:
Good luck, Nat.

Vibes for Oscar.

He didn't have spring greens this morning did he? I've had three buns with the same symptoms in the last week -all of them had spring greens an hour or two beforehand.

thanks guys.

no he didnt, he had his veg last night which had little bits of spring greens in. he also had some grass which he is used too having.

mum says he ate this morning but i noticed the bowls still had a & p in them but the SS was gone, which alerted me, as usually they are empty and tipped upside down.

he wont take anything, picked him up straight away too which isnt like him, his bum is clean, he is even still pooing, i dont understand :cry:

:wave: Any news on Oscar?

Vet said he wasnt in stasis but obviously will be on his way to been if he doesnt eat, she thinks he has some sort of stomach pain, but not sure what, he doesnt have any injuries, so were hoping its just tummy ache. he had three injections, vetergesic, metoclopramide and zantac. were back at half 8 in morning, if he no better he is going in for xrays.

he still very quiet tonight, i had hoped he would of livened up, the vet did say one of the injections could make him sleepy though, he still refusing treats, he really doesnt want to know me :cry: tried EVERYTHING, given him lots of hay and a heatpad, fingers crossed :( he did nibble some parsley and abit of wheatabix and he was nibbling some hay when i covered him up....

had Oscar back this morning, still no improvement, Vet gave him some more Metoclopramide, some Rimadyl and some Zantac. Also advised he go for xrays. The xrays showed his tummy was full and also his bladder, but nothing more, nothing blocked, so they are treating him for Stasis (sp?)

Have brought him back home with me in which he has nibbled a bit of mint and dandelion, also syringing Criticial care every few hours. Have separated him from Preston for now so i can monitor him easier. Got to get him eating and passing by tonight or we have to go back and he will have to be admitted :(

Sorry he's not fully recovered yet, but thankfully there's nothing bad on the x-rays.

Sending more vibes for his recovery.

Back