• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit stuff storage

Kelz

New Kit
We are getting either a shed or playhouse set up for our rabbit, but I'm not sure what we can use to store the rabbit's stuff- hay, food, litter etc....
What do you all use as storage and where? Photo's if possible would be great thank you!

At the moment i've got two of those big "bag for life" type bags but i'm going ot invest in a plastic storage box with a lid, you can get them all over in places like Asda, Tesco, Wilkinsons etc and i think in th einwter it will be better for keeping everything dry and fresh.

All my food, bowls, spare bottles etc are kept in a kitchen cupboard.

Hay, toys, carriers, towels etc are all in a cardboard box in the shed on top of my "horse size" bale of shavings.

I have housebuns and they have a home base (cage) plus free range in my room. Most of their things are in plastic containers. Pellets boxes (for both guinea pigs and buns), spare bowls, boxes with shampoos/medicines/general animal "stuff", dust pan and brush, excess toys and spare tunnels are all in one smallish cupboard. All of their hay is in plastic containers (65L) that stack beside their cage. Carriers get dismantled and slide underneath my bed when not in use. As cages (mainly guinea pigs as buns now have carpet) are lined with fleece and towels, I have alotted 2 shelves in the linen cupboard to storing all of their fleece and towels as well as cozy saks, cuddle cups and other fleecy items that I predominately have for the piggies.

just a 'me too' really. I have a large plastic box from Dunelm (£9.99) which i keep everything bunny related in with a lid on it, which is in the downstairs cupboard, about 5 feet from Biscuit's pen, so everything is in a suitable place and easy to get at :)

I have 3 of those plastic bins, 80L ones you can buy from wilko's :) One for adult food, one for hay, one for bedding, and a little plastic storage box for junior food

I keep my lionheads stuff in a child's ottoman and my lop's stuff on top of their dog crate.

I'll take some pictures - tis easier than explaining.

Last edited:
Right this is the lops...

_IGP8544-vi.jpg

The white tub contains their basic baled hay, the tubs over the back have treat hay in the top two, underneath that is two smaller tubs with readigrass and alfalfa hay in.

In the basket we have cleaning stuff (normally - at the moment it's all in the lionheads room cos they make more mess - I need to find another dustpan and brush) and pellets and treats...

_IGP8546-vi.jpg

This is the lionheads...

_IGP8543-vi.jpg

The clear tubs are again treat hay, to the left is their pellets and treats and cleaning stuff. I need to get another of those white Rhinotubs for basic baled hay for in this room as at the moment I am going back and forth - that will sit on top of the ottoman.

As for the actual bale and megazorb and spare litter trays - they are all in the garage. Megazorb normally stays in the bag until I only have a bit left and then it goes in a big box. Hay is in a plastic outdoor storage box. I'm not taking photos of that cos that's a bit of a mess. :lol:

Mine is spread out all over the place. :lol: Food is next to the door, treats are in a carrier bag hung on the door, hay and sawdust are in a Perspex box I the greenhouse, and disinfectant is on a shelf in the garden.

Back when I had a bunny-in-a-shed I had a big (sturdy) shelf put in the shed for storing bags of hay and the like. Kept everything in one place and was handy for cleaning out as I have everything to-hand :wave:

With housebunnies these days, large boxes/bags of hay and megazorb are in the garage, with smaller bags of the stuff chucked in the understairs cupboard and refilled from the garage supplies when needed.

Back when I had a bunny-in-a-shed I had a big (sturdy) shelf put in the shed for storing bags of hay and the like. Kept everything in one place and was handy for cleaning out as I have everything to-hand :wave:

With housebunnies these days, large boxes/bags of hay and megazorb are in the garage, with smaller bags of the stuff chucked in the understairs cupboard and refilled from the garage supplies when needed.

I find it invaluable having everything to hand. Means I can do lots of quick cleaning rather than one large lump. Just bought myself a new rhinotub for the lions (red ;) ) so rather than having to refill every couple of days - twice a week should be sufficient.

The downstairs buns have a drawer in the diningroom, with their pellets, treats and extra toys (plus my copies of Rabbiting on and vet paperwork).
The upstairs two have a shelf unit on the upstairs landing for pellets, treats, toys etc.

Cleaning equipment is in a trug the same as the ones in the picture above, so I can carry it up and down the stairs safely (I have issues with falling down stairs so have to carry things in one hand :roll:).

The hay is in it's half-opened plastic wrap in the other spare room at the moment, until we find somewhere else to store it :oops:
I'm thinking another trug might be handy for distributing it though - great idea Schuette!!

I'll add pictures later on!

Back