• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biscuit...Spaghetti Munching Impression... **PIC HEAVY**

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
OH took some pictures during Biscuit's all day free-range on Wednesday and forgot to tell me - just been looking and Biscuit did an impression of being an italian spaghetti eating bunny...

Biscuit: this looks likes long hays likes nom noms...lets sees...
spaghetti1.jpg

Biscuit: mummy i wants its! plleeeeeeaaaaase!

spaghetti2.jpg

Biscuit: mmm mummy me noms this! She says i looks likes me eatings somethinks called spahesti's?

spaghetti3.jpg

Biscuit: *grump* mummy tooks its off me's, saids i shouldnt be nomming its. I shows my disapprovals!

spaghetti4.jpg

Biscuit: i did runs arounds lots to distracts mummy so i could dood it agains, but she got her big hoomin eyesies on me!

spaghetti5.jpg

So adorable :love:

Awww :love: Just out of curiosity what was it that he was nomming?!

We have a small (4ft?) fabric tunnel for him which can be attached to additional tunnels to make a 'warren' but we only have the one. It has 2 'strings' on each end to tie it up flat when its not in use and it was one of those. OH was careful to make sure he didn't injest any.

Always makes me wonder how things like this are made for buns, but aren't 100% bunny safe!

Aww, just thinking about him makes me :D

Oh! Yes i know the type you mean, joe'n'jess have got one, i get through loads though cos they nibble round the end and once the wires exposed i worry they'll get their head stuck or something and chuck it out, i've ordered one of those giant carboard tube things which is due to get delivered today so we'll see how long it takes for them to eat through that!!

Biscuits such a sweetie, i'm not surprised he makes you :D

Oh! Yes i know the type you mean, joe'n'jess have got one, i get through loads though cos they nibble round the end and once the wires exposed i worry they'll get their head stuck or something and chuck it out, i've ordered one of those giant carboard tube things which is due to get delivered today so we'll see how long it takes for them to eat through that!!

Biscuits such a sweetie, i'm not surprised he makes you :D

I want to order lots of things for me, but im ordering another pen for bunny proofing + outside time and have already spent too much this month, so can't afford to, maybe when it comes to pay day i'll order some more toys :)

Picked up a bag of 'healthy treats' the other day from Garden centre called 'carrotys' - he sniffed it, took it form my hand and dropped it in his water bowl. Did the same with the next 3 i gave him... think he doesnt like them? :lol:

I hope he and Ginger get on when we finally get her, to see two of them like that would be sooooo :love:

That's funny about the carrotys, mind don't like them either, they were somewhat addicted to natures teardrops, yoghurty drop type things, which i think are the crack cocaine of the rabbit world because they would literally trample over each other and go completely berserk to get at them but i've knocked those on the head now and their only "treats" are dried herbs and fenugreek crunchies.

I know what you mean about the cost, it soon adds up, people at work think i'm nuts for spending about £50 a month on my buns but i don't think i'm overly extravagent tbh, there's just always something that needs getting, in fact Lynne from animal magic should be pretty much in my back garden as we speak dropping off their goodies :D

That's funny about the carrotys, mind don't like them either, they were somewhat addicted to natures teardrops, yoghurty drop type things, which i think are the crack cocaine of the rabbit world because they would literally trample over each other and go completely berserk to get at them but i've knocked those on the head now and their only "treats" are dried herbs and fenugreek crunchies.

I know what you mean about the cost, it soon adds up, people at work think i'm nuts for spending about £50 a month on my buns but i don't think i'm overly extravagent tbh, there's just always something that needs getting, in fact Lynne from animal magic should be pretty much in my back garden as we speak dropping off their goodies :D

he has some of the yogurt drops and he does the same, goes nuts for them, binkies all over the room if i get them out. I want to get some of those fenugreek crunchies, i ordered some but my order was never processed :( Need to try again me thinks!

I think i spend on average about £50/mo too, on feed mainly from asda, spring greens, carrots, cabbages, herbs, etc and the hay from local garden centre - although i ran out, bought new stuff, he hated it, so bought some cheap nasty bag from asda (£1.88 for a fairly good size!) and he noms on it like theres no tomorrow, so i stocked up at that price :)

My parents think im nuts too...and im getting another bun soon so it will go up a little :)

Lovels pics. :love: Do you think he realises he just looks even cuter when he's cross? ;) I saw on another thread that he can jump 2 and a bit feet - that's impressive. I was shocked when Spenser did that, and he's much bigger than Biscuit. I believe mini-lops are considerably more energetic than larger breeds (in my case crossbreed), so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. :wave:

Lovels pics. :love: Do you think he realises he just looks even cuter when he's cross? ;) I saw on another thread that he can jump 2 and a bit feet - that's impressive. I was shocked when Spenser did that, and he's much bigger than Biscuit. I believe mini-lops are considerably more energetic than larger breeds (in my case crossbreed), so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. :wave:

hehe i dont think he realises, but he certainly knows how to do certain facial expressions, im sure of it!:wave:

Yeah, he can easily jump 2 and a bit feet - his pen is 2 feet tall and when i had his hutch in there it was about another 3-4 inches higher and he jumped from the floor to the top of the hutch and it didn't really look as if he was trying, so im sure if he wanted he could go a bit higher too. :shock:

Yeah, mini lops are more energetic, faster metabolism etc, but i knew that when i bought him and it was his energy in the small pen they had him in in the garden centre that attracted him to us, well, and the fact he was the cutest brown buddle of fluff i've ever seen! :love:

Susie bun's right ....... he looks even cuter when he's in a grump! lol

He's sooooo gorgeous ....... he and ginger are going to look just sooo adorable together!

Bet you can't wait!!

:love: :love: :love:

Susie bun's right ....... he looks even cuter when he's in a grump! lol

He's sooooo gorgeous ....... he and ginger are going to look just sooo adorable together!

Bet you can't wait!!

:love: :love: :love:

I hope i can bond them, im petrified it won't work, then im left with 2 single buns with no friend :roll::(. I've read *everything* i can find about it on here and on the internet in general and have had some advice from the rescue Ginger is coming from.

Can't wait is an understatement. I can't handle the wait, its doing my head in! I just want her to come here for good so badly! It's insane, im almost as excited about her coming as i am about the fact im going to hopefully book my wedding tomorrow!

I hope i can bond them, im petrified it won't work, then im left with 2 single buns with no friend :roll::(. I've read *everything* i can find about it on here and on the internet in general and have had some advice from the rescue Ginger is coming from.

Can't wait is an understatement. I can't handle the wait, its doing my head in! I just want her to come here for good so badly! It's insane, im almost as excited about her coming as i am about the fact im going to hopefully book my wedding tomorrow!

:lol: Awwww think positive Graham Biscuit is lovely, he has a lovely home and most importantly is loved - I saw that hay your talking about it's called 'Bob Martin' hay I think - I noticed it because Bob Martin do stuff for dogs and have been around for at least 16 years since I've had dogs, it actually looked quite nice quality aswell and was cheap I agree.

Think positive about the bonding, I am sure it will be fine, are you going to house them side by side for a while first?

:lol: Awwww think positive Graham Biscuit is lovely, he has a lovely home and most importantly is loved - I saw that hay your talking about it's called 'Bob Martin' hay I think - I noticed it because Bob Martin do stuff for dogs and have been around for at least 16 years since I've had dogs, it actually looked quite nice quality aswell and was cheap I agree.

Think positive about the bonding, I am sure it will be fine, are you going to house them side by side for a while first?

He is certainly loved :love: We both dote on him something wrotten. OH just laid on the floor with him and he was licking her for over an hour last night, was so cute.

Hay, yeah, it is Bob Martin - the 'My Little Friend' Meadow hay. It's so lovely and green and it smells GORGEOUS (i love the smell of hay anyway, OH hates it lol). He's got through 3 handfuls of hay today already, hay monster!

Yeah, they are going to be next to each other in pens, seperated by 3-4 inches i guess, as per your thread with the bricks to stop them from actually biting each others noses! Biscuit will keep his 4x4 base with the additional 2x4 extension he has during the day and Ginger will be in a 4x2 for a good week or two, i've been told that size will be fine for her whilst she settles in as its only temporary and i dont have enough space for even that - i've got to somehow move our 2nd sofa round to even fit that in! Then Biscuit can free-range at night as he always does and maybe after a few days and Ginger has settled a bit, i'll let her free-range whilst Biscuit is in his pen.

I'm sure there will be a little jealousy going on from him when she first gets here, but i think it'll work out okay like that for a little while? :? i do hope so anyway. Going out this weekend to get new carpet for the flooring where his pen in now for post-bonding so it won't be biscuit fluff covered and new toys and ordering another pen to take upstairs for bonding in my office (which Biscuit has NEVER been in).

He is certainly loved :love: We both dote on him something wrotten. OH just laid on the floor with him and he was licking her for over an hour last night, was so cute.

Hay, yeah, it is Bob Martin - the 'My Little Friend' Meadow hay. It's so lovely and green and it smells GORGEOUS (i love the smell of hay anyway, OH hates it lol). He's got through 3 handfuls of hay today already, hay monster!

Yeah, they are going to be next to each other in pens, seperated by 3-4 inches i guess, as per your thread with the bricks to stop them from actually biting each others noses! Biscuit will keep his 4x4 base with the additional 2x4 extension he has during the day and Ginger will be in a 4x2 for a good week or two, i've been told that size will be fine for her whilst she settles in as its only temporary and i dont have enough space for even that - i've got to somehow move our 2nd sofa round to even fit that in! Then Biscuit can free-range at night as he always does and maybe after a few days and Ginger has settled a bit, i'll let her free-range whilst Biscuit is in his pen.

I'm sure there will be a little jealousy going on from him when she first gets here, but i think it'll work out okay like that for a little while? :? i do hope so anyway. Going out this weekend to get new carpet for the flooring where his pen in now for post-bonding so it won't be biscuit fluff covered and new toys and ordering another pen to take upstairs for bonding in my office (which Biscuit has NEVER been in).

Well it sounds like you're definitely getting organised!! Its pay day for me today so I'm going to order some new toys and bits n bobs for when my two are bonded.

I'm reading everything I can get my hands (and eyes) on re bonding at the mo too! I'm panicking about it a bit but can't wait for them to be back together!!

Have you got a date for when you can bring Ginger home yet??

Jo x

Well it sounds like you're definitely getting organised!! Its pay day for me today so I'm going to order some new toys and bits n bobs for when my two are bonded.

I'm reading everything I can get my hands (and eyes) on re bonding at the mo too! I'm panicking about it a bit but can't wait for them to be back together!!

Have you got a date for when you can bring Ginger home yet??

Jo x

No :( We're still waiting for her to gain enough weight to be spayed. She was 680 grams last wednesday at 10 weeks i think it is:shock: so a fair way to go yet.

I have a word document i've pasted thread after thread into to keep my information together lol. It's on the laptop downstairs though.

I'm trying to be prepared as its going to be me doing the bonding as OH is scared and at work all day, whereas they will be bonding in my office, where i will be all day long basically.

Back