• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rascal gets his snip today!

Zara

Mama Doe
We're taking him to the vets in half an hour, giving the lad some pellets now and packing some food for him for when he wakes up after surgery :love:

I won't lie, I know it's a simple procedure but I'm terrified something will go wrong :shock: Going to have to keep myself very busy whilst he's in the vets.

I'm ok feeding him an hour before the surgery, right?

Oh yes, absolutely fine. In fact, vets encourage it as they recommend you don't fast rabbits before surgery because they need to keep their metabolism up. They can't vomit anyway which is a lot of the reason they ask for cats, dogs etc to be fasted as it is a problem under anaesthetic but rabbits don't so is ok.
Lots of vibes for the op ... and don't worry, everyone on here gets worried before any procedure on their buns so you're in good company :)

VIBES!!! Know how you feel, Lady's in today...
Waiting to be allowed go and collect our baby. :(

Donnie only took one night to be back to normal.
Boy's apart from the "emotional scarring" as my OH keeps telling me :roll: bounce back pretty quick.
Best of luck Rascal :wave:

VIBES!!! Know how you feel, Lady's in today...
Waiting to be allowed go and collect our baby. :(

Donnie only took one night to be back to normal.
Boy's apart from the "emotional scarring" as my OH keeps telling me :roll: bounce back pretty quick.
Best of luck Rascal :wave:

My boy had emotional scarring, he sat and sulked at me and wouldn't come near me :shock::lol: As if it was MY fault :lol:

Hope the neuter goes perfectly, and hope Ladys spay goes the same mclaugh :)

im sure he'll be fine :)
When Sebastian was done he came home that night and i wouldnt of known he'd had anything done to him, he behaved just like normal :roll::lol:

Phoned the vets before, all went well, the lad is successfully de-plummed :lol:

Bout time really, he tried to have sex with my boyfriend's arm last night and has been trying to hump me for weeks :roll:

Going to collect him at half five, let me know how Lady got on :love:

Lady not eating on her own yet, fingers crossed she does by morning or off we go back into the vets...:roll::cry:

Glad Rascals deplumming went well!!
Hope the humping calms down after the neutering!:lol:

Back