• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady gone in for Spay U/D not eating U/D Eating!!!

mclaugh

Warren Scout
Hope she's ok!!! Hope work don't expect too much productivity from me today either, worried sick!

Last edited:
Our Niamh had her spay 2 weeks ago and apart from reduced eating for a couple of days, came through extremely well including leaving the wound alone.

I believe two factors contributed. Metacam (essential) and a Snuggle Safe under her fleece for 5 days.

Good luck with Lady.

Lady gone in for Spay U/D not eating

She's still not eating, have her home now.
She had one raisin so far but thats it :cry:

Have some criticare to give her...
Come on little one, eat your carrot tops and other yummies I have for you!!!

Last edited:
When did she come home?

Dollys only just started picking at odd bits of food and sipping water from a bowl rather than her bottle. Shes perked up a bit since having a snuggle with Marley this mornig.

Shes been home 16 hours and its probably not even been 24 hours since Dollys surgery. I dont think id be too worried yet, youve seen my thread, theres loads of great advice on there, and it turns out they were all right :)

If you dont have metacam though, maybe its a good idea to go and get some.

Sending lots of vibes :) xx

Thanks everyone!
Have read your post Rampant Rabbit few times now... just gave her some Critical Care.

Hoping she decides to eat on her own soon!!

Thanks everyone!
Have read your post Rampant Rabbit few times now... just gave her some Critical Care.

Hoping she decides to eat on her own soon!!

Im sure she will! :)

I didnt bother with the cirtical care in the end...i mixed some up and when i went to give her it she was sat nibbling on some parsley as though to say "OK, OK, ill have a munch, cos im sure as hell not eating that :censored:" :lol:

awe... I totally know how you feel. My boy was neutered on Wednesday and still not eating properly. He would only eat a bit of parsely too. I had to take him back to the Vets so they could forcefed him Critical Care. Looks like he ate a bit of apple overnight.
I hope your little girl, Lady, will start eating more than parsely soon. I'm sending healing vibes her way!

When i had my Daisy spayed she went off her food completly, when she did start eating the only thing she would eat was curly kale and grated carrot. Have you tried putting some grated carrot in with her critical care my buns loved it when i had to give them meds. I mixed the meds up with carrot and crushed up pellets and water to make a paste. i would definatly make sure she has metacam tho. Good Luck

Thanks guys, will try the grated carrot now, can't even tempt her with a raisin.
We're heading back to the vets in while when they open.

Poor little thing, so hard to see her this way.
:cry::cry::cry:

Donnie hasn't left her side, he's wondering why she can't come out and play.

Poor Lady is gone back to the vets and is still refusing to eat. :shock:
She's been given meds to get her gut going again and fluids. :cry::cry:

She'll be home over night hopefully she'll start eating again on her own, have every kind of herb and veg that she likes to eat to tempt her!!!

Come on Ladykins eat for mommy again!

Back