• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My happily bonded pair, my tough cookies♥

VickiP

Wise Old Thumper
Here's some shots from today of my older pair, both single for their lives Jingle (rex) lived in a small hutch for 3 years alone, Ness is a rescue who apparently lived alone in quite a small hutch aswell for 2 years, now happily bonded and enjoying life, I adore them, they are strong characters with wonderful personalities and have both become so affectionate with time and consistent care and exercise. They were an absolute dream to bond aswell they just get each other totally, here they are in their shed condo:-

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

Last edited:
aww nice to see the happy couple :love:
Jingle has such a sweet face - never seen a close up.. he is gorgeous.

And they have had an extension :lol: shed/run looks fab!

Glad they are still loved up :love::love:

aww nice to see the happy couple :love:
Jingle has such a sweet face - never seen a close up.. he is gorgeous.

And they have had an extension :lol: shed/run looks fab!

Glad they are still loved up :love::love:

:lol: Awww thanks Kath, the extension is turning into the moat, they are digging a moat - when we have the heavy rain it fills with water like a little moat round the pen:lol: Jingle is soooo lovely, he was very nervous when I first adopted him, now he is such a snuggly bun and he really grooms Ness she lies there like lady godiva and he washes her face all the time - she does groom him but, he has to push his face under her chin before she gets the hint:roll::lol: This is sort of before shots, I am hoping I can persuade OH to build my aviary run this weekend - yes they were meant to be without doubt, just hope the other two tinkers will be as easy - something tells me Pixie will hold her own though ;)

They look stunning and very happy there :)

The pen extension on the end..do they not try and escape, as in jump up to on top of the run?

They look stunning and very happy there :)

The pen extension on the end..do they not try and escape, as in jump up to on top of the run?

:wave: Yes they do! Little tykes are good jumpers aswell, it does actually have black netting over the top, you can see the pegs holding it, they only have access to that when I'm in to keep and eye on them. :wave:

:wave: Yes they do! Little tykes are good jumpers aswell, it does actually have black netting over the top, you can see the pegs holding it, they only have access to that when I'm in to keep and eye on them. :wave:

Ah, i cna just about see it if i strain my eyes lol :) I did wonder what the pegs were there for :oops:

I have to have the sheet over Biscuit's pen now constantly as he's found out he's a lot stronger than he realised and can easily jump 2 and a bit feet :shock:

Ah, i cna just about see it if i strain my eyes lol :) I did wonder what the pegs were there for :oops:

I have to have the sheet over Biscuit's pen now constantly as he's found out he's a lot stronger than he realised and can easily jump 2 and a bit feet :shock:

They look happy buns :love::love: Shocked that Graham's little Biscuit can jump 2 and a bit feet - I was shocked when Spenser did that once, and he's a much bigger boy! He's never done it again though ... could be risky saying that ...

They look happy buns :love::love: Shocked that Graham's little Biscuit can jump 2 and a bit feet - I was shocked when Spenser did that once, and he's a much bigger boy! He's never done it again though ... could be risky saying that ...

:lol::lol: Yes don't underestimate them, Graham I've only seen it once tbh but, I daren't risk it because I have seen them binky quite high aswell. It's also piece of mind for nothing getting in, as I said they are secured into the wooden run when I am not watching and onto concrete when I am out I really want my aviary run though because it will give them a bit more space on the concrete slabs that the shed sits on it will be the whole width of the shed front so they can have a nice shelf to sit on out there aswell then.

Yes black netting from the garden centre, I hope people using it are careful because it is almost invisible outside and could easily trap wildlife:(

Last edited:
Just for the recors, Spenser's one escape from his pen was actually the result of a binky that just happened to land outside the pen. I could tell he hadn't been trying to get out because he just kept running round the pen, but outside rather than in. It was only when I tried to intercept him that he realise he had rather more freedom of movement than normal. It all ended happily, but was well scary as I was on my own the time and our garden is not safe for bunny free-ranging. :wave:

I like your set-up, we are putting up a new shed for the buns tomorrow, weather permitting.

Ness and Jingle are gorgeous, Jingle's colours are stunning :love:

I like your set-up, we are putting up a new shed for the buns tomorrow, weather permitting.

Ness and Jingle are gorgeous, Jingle's colours are stunning :love:

Awwww thanks he has the most wonderful nature aswell, even the vet nurses commented on it, amazing considering his start wasn't that brilliant, he wasn't ill-treated just a bit neglected, they adore each other, I am so happy for them and thanks Steph :wave:

P/s fingers crossed for you Debster for the weather, I am hoping Sunday will be good to get my aviary run done.;)

Last edited:
Awwww thanks he has the most wonderful nature aswell, even the vet nurses commented on it, amazing considering his start wasn't that brilliant, he wasn't ill-treated just a bit neglected, they adore each other, I am so happy for them and thanks Steph :wave:

P/s fingers crossed for you Debster for the weather, I am hoping Sunday will be good to get my aviary run done.;)

Thanks, its looking good so far for both days!:D Will look forward to seeing the photos of your aviary!

Back