• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chance - Abused bunny needs home - SURREY

Contact/organisation details: I am fostering for Furry Friends in Old Coulsdon. Please PM me on here or call Emma on 020 8407 1080 or 0797 356 9371. We recommend calling us as we can't always check our emails daily.
Does the animal have rescue back up?: Yes for his whole life.
Number of animals:1
Sex: Male
Age(s): 2 years old.
Name(s): Chance
Neutered: Yes
Reason for rehoming:
Chance came in when the owners were moving to a flat and he couldn't go with them. They begged us to take him as the move was very soon. They then informed us that Chance has dental problems and that his teeth were growing into his tongue. We asked them to bring Chance in immediately and so they did. When they dropped him off they informed me he had not eaten all day and so I booked him in for an emergency appointment with our local vet.

As it turns out his teeth were not too bad. He had a spur removed and they were burred down. Our vet says that with proper diet his teeth should be fine, however there is a possibility he may need dentals in the future so new owners must be aware of this. Our vets said he should not need them regularly if at all, so he will need to be monitored.

Chance was a skeleton when he arrived, but thankfully he loves his grub so put on weight quickly.

Will the group be split: Chance would like to live with a speyed female. If you do not have a speyed female but would like to offer him a home, please ask as we have lots of rabbits in. We can also assist with bonding and offer advice if needed.
Transport available: Within reason, unless you know of people coming this way that are happy to transport for you. We have various volunteers who do runs so please ask.
Other: Chance lived in appauling conditions before coming to us and we honestly didn't think he would make it.

First of all, I will show you how he lived...

This is the water bottle the previous owners proudly handed to me. Thick with algae and its even growing on the spout. Poor little mite didn't have the right to clean water....

HPIM6622.jpg

I should have taken a photo of his hutch, it was thick in a few layers of faeces and urine. This is where he spend 2 years living, in a 4ft hutch that is too small for him to stand up in. The hair on the back of his ears is gone and I wonder if this is due to them constantly rubbing on the roof of the hutch.

Now say hello to Chance....

HPIM6606.jpg

He is molting, but thats no excuse...
HPIM6603.jpg

You can see the state his belly is in. That is thick poo and wee. The smell was repulsive.

HPIM6614.jpg

Thats a few years worth of poo and wee matted in that coat...
HPIM6615.jpg

He is such a good boy. I think he was enjoying all the attention!

HPIM6616.jpg

Can't see too well on the photo, but there are sores on his hind legs.

HPIM6619.jpg

This foot was thick in mess :(
HPIM6620.jpg

BUT.....

This is him now!
HPIM6813.jpg

Ok he still has some molting to do...but give him time ;)

HPIM6824.jpg

Cheeky boy. He is very friendly and cuddly <3
HPIM6831.jpg

HPIM6824.jpg

Chance has been wormed an vaccinated :)

This little man has really tugged at my heart strings :cry::cry::cry:

I detest people that inflict neglect & cruelty to this extent on a poor, poor animal :evil::censored::evil:

I so hope someone can give this beautiful bunny his forever home that he so deserves :love:

chance really does deserve a great loving home and i am sure he will find it :love: i wont comment about the condition as i am sure everything will think the same as me, but i really hope he finds the home he really deserves xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He's looking really happy and healthy now. Love the post Panacur photo! :lol: Fingers crossed for a lovely home.

His colouring reminds me of my bridge bun Skip :love:

Is he in a really large chair, or is he just a small bunny?! On the photo of him standing on the arm of the chair he looks quite small :love:

I'm so glad this little lad was able to make a full recovery.

xxx

His colouring reminds me of my bridge bun Skip :love:

Is he in a really large chair, or is he just a small bunny?! On the photo of him standing on the arm of the chair he looks quite small :love:

I'm so glad this little lad was able to make a full recovery.

xxx

Thanks everyone for your kind words for Chance. Fingers crossed he isn't waiting too long as he really need a loving home now.

He is quite diddy. He fits perfectly on all laps and in all arms :love:

I shall have to ensure they form an orderly queue then :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Does that mean all the wifeys will get a CHANCE with him? oooh naughty boy!:love::love::love:

He looks amazing & is so ickle bless him! Oh I so want a husbun for my girls....patience is the key factor!:roll::D

Well done for showing him TLC...obvioulsly adores you and appreciates you with all those noserubs.....sending lots more!:love::love:

I just dont know how you do it! Those people want....well, words arent enough. You do an amazing job he looks really fantastic! he is just gorgeous :love:

I wish wish WISH I could give Chance a home :( :( :( He's so beautiful! And I would love for him to experience a loving home here! Mine are becoming spoilt and no longer appreciate me :(. :lol:

OMG, what he must of gone through, he is adorable :love: Hope the people who kept him in such a state one day, experience really bad times ...

Back