• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning out at night instead of in a morning...

Bitzy

Mama Doe
..... would it make any difference to the buns??

At the moment I clean them out every morning but I'm always running late for work so wondered if I could do all the cleaning/faffing in an evening and just do pellets/water in a morning!?

I know it would be nice for us to start a new day with the litter tray empty and sweet smelling and the hay in the manger as fresh as a daisy ..... but would it really matter to the buns?

I mean, they get up and start using their litter/eating their hay in a morning before I get chance to change it so I'm figuring it won't bother them at all ..... its just me that will feel guilty!

I dont do litter trays in a morning- I dont have time. They get fresh hay in a morning with their pellets and water, litter trays done and veggies about 6pm and then pellets and fresh hay at 10pm.

I wouldn't think they care really, so long as they have plenty of hay to nom on.
I clean mine out any time between 7am and 11pm depending on what I'm doing in the day, and whether I have a fanatical urge at night to go out and clean!

I dont do litter trays in a morning- I dont have time. They get fresh hay in a morning with their pellets and water, litter trays done and veggies about 6pm and then pellets and fresh hay at 10pm.

I like this idea! It would be sooo much easier to just run out with fresh water/pellets/hay in a morning ....... currently I spend half an hour faffing with them each morning and I really just don't have the time.

Whereas I can faff as much as I want in an evening (and often do)! lol

Thaaaanks

I like this idea! It would be sooo much easier to just run out with fresh water/pellets/hay in a morning ....... currently I spend half an hour faffing with them each morning and I really just don't have the time.

Whereas I can faff as much as I want in an evening (and often do)! lol

Thaaaanks

I do the opposite. Veggies and half their pellets in the morning and hay, dried grass and the other ration of pellets in the evening. That way they always have something to eat and it keeps them busy :)

currently my routine is:

Morning:
Fresh hay (from bale) into manger
Old hay from manger into clean, megazorbed litter tray
Half their pellets
fresh water
Big handful of 'posh' hay

Tea time:
Other half of their pellets
handful of 'posh' hay
Fresh water

Evening:
Veggies

So instead I think I'll just swap tea time and morning routine round, oh and swap the hay over in the manger!

I think hay and litter change in evening is good as gives them something to see and do in the eve and overnight (when not asleep!) - whereas during day there are other things to look at!

Back