• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blackberry

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
I realised I never introduced Blackberry. He is Splodge's new husband after Scrumpie Jack sadly went to the Bridge at Easter :cry: :cry:

He was from Bunny Camp Sanctuary in Bradford & has a bit of a dodgey leg bless :love: It hangs off him at a funny angle, and he can sometimes have it a whole 180 degrees from where it should be! :shock:

Him & his 2 sisters were unwanted and when the rescue went to pick them up for re-homing there were only 2 as one had escaped. The rescue thought that there would be no chance of the missing rabbit surviving as it was a totally built up area with lots of busy roads. Anyway a week or so later they got a phonecall to say he had returned, but with a broken leg. Seems he had been hit by a car they think. Well the decision was made to leave his leg be as it wasn't causing him any pain and it had already healed virtually, the vet confirmed this.

Along comes me ... and falls for him :love: :love:

So without further ado. Here is the very timid but very gentle Blackberry :love:

fa5d4fb4.jpg

188f909a.jpg

fddba00f.jpg

b1a51f38.jpg

With his wife Splodge
92469442.jpg

what a sweetie pie!!
Does he walk ok etc with his wonky leg??

Im so glad you gave him a home and the picture of them both together is :love:

what a sweetie pie!!
Does he walk ok etc with his wonky leg??

Im so glad you gave him a home and the picture of them both together is :love:

He just drags his leg about. The only problem I have with him due to the leg is that he wees all over & it sprays up in the air. Think it's cos he can't get his bum up for a wee. As a result I am always having to have him shaved down there at the vet cos he ends up with wee burns & that due to just weeing everywhere & dragging it about on his bottom! :cry:

Back