• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cloud's nose looks funny. UD - Another letter from the vet, and Cloud says hi! PG44

georgie_f

Mama Doe
I thought it looked a little odd yesterday but this morning the problem's obvious, her nose is red and a bit swollen. :shock:

Does anyone know what might have caused it? I wondered about a bee sting or perhaps Barley's bitten her or she's caught it on something. I've had a good look and I can't see any cuts or anything. It just looks red and kind of fat!

I have a picture of her from yesterday showing it looking a bit odd -

I've just put my camera on charge to try and get a better picture before I go to work.

She seems happy enough, she just has a massive nose! :roll::lol:

Last edited:
Almost looks like a reaction to a bit or something doesnt it?

Classic symptoms, red, slightly swolen...

Poor Cloud!

Lots of making nosie better vibes x

:shock: Really?

I'm just off down the garden to get a better picture.

Sorry didnt mean to panic you.....several of mine had nodular myxi last year and Doris had a huge myxi lump on her nose like that,still has a scar, I take it her eyes are clear and her genitals look normal?

I've nothing useful to say, but I do hope Cloud is OK. She is one of my favourite RU buns. :love::love: Fell in love with her penguin impersonation!

Right, just legged it down the garden to take some more piccys and check for other symptoms...

Here's the bump -

And this kind of shows the size of it -

She's got nothing else wrong with her, picked her up, checked underneath, eyes are fine. She's behaving as usual, grooming Barley. Doesn't seem any sleepier than usual. Still biting me like a trooper... She did scratch at her nose for a few seconds whilst I was sat there.

I have a bottle of Metacam here, do we think I should give her a bit?

Double checked - it's not really noticable when stroking her but if I feel around it, it feels kind of like she has a Smartie under her skin :?

Really sorry to worry you but this does look very much like onset nodular myxi - was she vccd in April or earlier? Can you check whether her private parts are swollen at all??

I would take her to a vet asap and if they think it is early myxi they will give you metacam, and abx (which will help stop secondary infections).

I have never seen myxi first hand (touches wood) But i don;t like the look of that either :cry: I would be straight to the vets especially as you have a wildie about in your garden.

I really hope it turns out to be something simple, fingers crossed xxx

Really sorry to worry you but this does look very much like onset nodular myxi - was she vccd in April or earlier? Can you check whether her private parts are swollen at all??

I would take her to a vet asap and if they think it is early myxi they will give you metacam, and abx (which will help stop secondary infections).

Definately vacc'd in april. When I picked her up, the RSPCA had actually forgotten to do it so I had to go back the next day when the vet was in to get her done. I'm looking for the vacc certificate but I can't find the flipping thing!

Urgh, getting in a flap now! I have work at 2pm :? Rush rush rush!

I second all the suggestions of getting vet-checked asap, you want to rule out myxi as a priority (I have never experienced any form of Myxi, fortunately, someon else who has experienced nodular myxi in vaccinated rabbits will be of more help)

Right, I've found her vacc cert - she was myxi vacc'd on the 12th April.

I'm going to have to get a vet appt for tommorrow morning. We get disiplined at work if we give them less than an hours notice for being off sick and last time I rang in to say I was taking a rabbit to the vet they had a right go. :oops:

Will she be ok until tomorrow morning? I can get an emergancy vet appt after work (I finish at 7.30pm) but I'm not sure I'll have enough money to pay for an emergancy appt. :oops::(

Back