PDA

View Full Version : Cloud's nose looks funny. UD - Another letter from the vet, and Cloud says hi! PG44

Pages : [1] 2

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 12:25 PM
I thought it looked a little odd yesterday but this morning the problem's obvious, her nose is red and a bit swollen. :shock:

Does anyone know what might have caused it? I wondered about a bee sting or perhaps Barley's bitten her or she's caught it on something. I've had a good look and I can't see any cuts or anything. It just looks red and kind of fat!

I have a picture of her from yesterday showing it looking a bit odd -

http://a.imageshack.us/img839/3823/dsc01091d.jpg (http://img839.imageshack.us/i/dsc01091d.jpg/)

I've just put my camera on charge to try and get a better picture before I go to work.

She seems happy enough, she just has a massive nose! :roll::lol:

tigerangel
26-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Obvious Question Is Obvious: Is she fully vaccinated?

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Yep. She came from the RSPCA in april and they did her vacc's for me. :)

GrahamL
26-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Almost looks like a reaction to a bit or something doesnt it?

Classic symptoms, red, slightly swolen...

Poor Cloud!

Lots of making nosie better vibes x

biscuitblossom
26-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Obvious Question Is Obvious: Is she fully vaccinated?

I was thinking the same thing....looks myxi-ish doesn't it?

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I was thinking the same thing....looks myxi-ish doesn't it?

:shock: Really?

I'm just off down the garden to get a better picture.

Bavarian Bunny
26-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Might just be a sting, but if it doesn't go away and you see other symptoms, go and see the vet.

biscuitblossom
26-08-2010, 12:57 PM
:shock: Really?

I'm just off down the garden to get a better picture.

Sorry didnt mean to panic you.....several of mine had nodular myxi last year and Doris had a huge myxi lump on her nose like that,still has a scar, I take it her eyes are clear and her genitals look normal?

susie bun
26-08-2010, 01:05 PM
I've nothing useful to say, but I do hope Cloud is OK. She is one of my favourite RU buns. :love::love: Fell in love with her penguin impersonation!

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Right, just legged it down the garden to take some more piccys and check for other symptoms...

Here's the bump -
http://a.imageshack.us/img820/2278/dsc01131z.jpg (http://img820.imageshack.us/i/dsc01131z.jpg/)

And this kind of shows the size of it -
http://a.imageshack.us/img202/6104/dsc01129t.jpg (http://img202.imageshack.us/i/dsc01129t.jpg/)

She's got nothing else wrong with her, picked her up, checked underneath, eyes are fine. She's behaving as usual, grooming Barley. Doesn't seem any sleepier than usual. Still biting me like a trooper... She did scratch at her nose for a few seconds whilst I was sat there.

I have a bottle of Metacam here, do we think I should give her a bit?

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 01:08 PM
I've nothing useful to say, but I do hope Cloud is OK. She is one of my favourite RU buns. :love::love: Fell in love with her penguin impersonation!

:lol: I think she's started up with the Rudolf impressions today! :roll:

biscuitblossom
26-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Does the lump feel soft or hard?

Do you think it could be an abcess?

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Does the lump feel soft or hard?

Do you think it could be an abcess?

Neither really, stroking her head, it just feels like normal. I think it's visible but actually it's not noticable by touch, if that makes sense. :oops:

*Runs down garden to double check*

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Double checked - it's not really noticable when stroking her but if I feel around it, it feels kind of like she has a Smartie under her skin :?

biscuitblossom
26-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Double checked - it's not really noticable when stroking her but if I feel around it, it feels kind of like she has a Smartie under her skin :?

Well if it was me I'd get it checked by a vet but then I'm a bit paranoid about both myxi and abcesses.

parsnipbun
26-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Really sorry to worry you but this does look very much like onset nodular myxi - was she vccd in April or earlier? Can you check whether her private parts are swollen at all??

I would take her to a vet asap and if they think it is early myxi they will give you metacam, and abx (which will help stop secondary infections).

Hugo's There
26-08-2010, 01:24 PM
I have never seen myxi first hand (touches wood) But i don;t like the look of that either :cry: I would be straight to the vets especially as you have a wildie about in your garden.

I really hope it turns out to be something simple, fingers crossed xxx

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Really sorry to worry you but this does look very much like onset nodular myxi - was she vccd in April or earlier? Can you check whether her private parts are swollen at all??

I would take her to a vet asap and if they think it is early myxi they will give you metacam, and abx (which will help stop secondary infections).

Definately vacc'd in april. When I picked her up, the RSPCA had actually forgotten to do it so I had to go back the next day when the vet was in to get her done. I'm looking for the vacc certificate but I can't find the flipping thing!

Urgh, getting in a flap now! I have work at 2pm :? Rush rush rush!

tigerangel
26-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I second all the suggestions of getting vet-checked asap, you want to rule out myxi as a priority (I have never experienced any form of Myxi, fortunately, someon else who has experienced nodular myxi in vaccinated rabbits will be of more help)

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Right, I've found her vacc cert - she was myxi vacc'd on the 12th April.

I'm going to have to get a vet appt for tommorrow morning. We get disiplined at work if we give them less than an hours notice for being off sick and last time I rang in to say I was taking a rabbit to the vet they had a right go. :oops:

Will she be ok until tomorrow morning? I can get an emergancy vet appt after work (I finish at 7.30pm) but I'm not sure I'll have enough money to pay for an emergancy appt. :oops::(

biscuitblossom
26-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Right, I've found her vacc cert - she was myxi vacc'd on the 12th April.

I'm going to have to get a vet appt for tommorrow morning. We get disiplined at work if we give them less than an hours notice for being off sick and last time I rang in to say I was taking a rabbit to the vet they had a right go. :oops:

Will she be ok until tomorrow morning? I can get an emergancy vet appt after work (I finish at 7.30pm) but I'm not sure I'll have enough money to pay for an emergancy appt. :oops::(

All my bunnies were vacc'd and 5 got nodular myxi last year but survived it ....not sure what to say about the emergency appointment but good luck whatever you decide.xx

susie bun
26-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Popped on to see if there was any more news. Sending more vibes for Cloud. :love::wave:

GrahamL
26-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Georgie's at work now :( hope poor Cloud is okay!

Tuckerbunnies
26-08-2010, 02:34 PM
I do hope this is no more than a sting but the roundness of it makes me a little worried that it could be something else...hope I'm so wrong.

yvette
26-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Blimey.Scary.
Paws crossed its a sting......:?:? and nothing else.

parsnipbun
26-08-2010, 02:42 PM
ok so vac was just over 5 months ago. If it is myxi it is already there so it is up to you whether to go to emergency vet or other vet tomorow.

I would go to the vet that is best able to judge what it is and also best able to give the range of drugs that will be needed and the advice.

I have had two buns survive nodular myxi - one last year. You may wish to do a search on 'Viola Rose' for her full myxi thread with lots of photos (there are several threads but one main one).

Best wishes that it isn't myxi.

As well as checking private parts for swelling also need to check base of ears as they will feel 'thick' even before the lumps on the ears arrive.

chelle
26-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Parsnip - excellent advice...lets hope Clouds ok & Georgie has enough money for vets & treatments...:?

mini lop1
26-08-2010, 03:49 PM
oh dear, hope cloud wll be ok

VickiP
26-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Fingers crossed Georgie, I actually caught and killed a mosquito that I spotted buzzing around Jingle it had settled right on his nose where that lump has appeared on Cloud - I got it in time before it bit him, hopefully it may be a bite not myxi infected, feed her Dill and clean it with cooled boiled water aswell and dry it, I hope it's not Myxi, is that wildie still coming in the garden is he OK?

Gem
26-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Hope she's okay Georgie :love:

vgkdaisy
26-08-2010, 07:31 PM
It looks like it could be a bee sting. I don't thinkl that it's anything too serious. If it doesn't go away in about a month or so, I would see a vet.

Snowberry
26-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Loads of vibes for Cloud- I agree with others, when I have seen nodular myxi it has looked like this.

I really hope it is something else.

Is Cloud with other bunnies and are they all vaccinated?

Snowberry
26-08-2010, 07:33 PM
It looks like it could be a bee sting. I don't thinkl that it's anything too serious. If it doesn't go away in about a month or so, I would see a vet.

If it is Myxi then she would be dead in a month without vet treatment.

Rabbits should never be left with any sign of illness.

kaths101
26-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Aw no georgie - we all have our fingers and paws crossed here for you and cloud...
We dont have to worry about Georgie seeking Vet attention -certainly wont wait a month - We can see shes panicking about whether its today or tomorrow, as she will do whats best for her buns

Good Luck - hope you can keep us updated x

Rachel89
26-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Ohhh Georgie I hope Clouds ok, I only had one bun with muci before but there nose didn't look like that fingers crossed it's a sting or something less sinister.
Blue, Honey and Bracken send nose rubs for you ad Cloudy.

Terri_louise177
26-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Oh no's :( Poor little bunny nose! I hope it isn't anything serious!! xxx

Santa
26-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I hope everything is ok - it does look like nodular myxi to me too I'm afraid. Harry had it a few years ago, he literally had one nodule on his nose in that exact same place, and it looked like Cloud's nose there. Harry was lucky and literally just got the one nodule and needed no treatment, although we obviously kept a close eye on it. Sometimes on the nose though they can 'grow' inwards and affect the nasal passages so you do have to be careful and keep a close eye. Harry's one became more and more pronounced over the course of a month or so and then it just fell off leaving a hole in his nose. Now there is just a little dent and scar.

Nodular myxi can be anything between very mild with just the one lump, and extremely severe like Viola Rose's case, so although I don't think you need to unduly panic at the moment if this is the only sign, it is obviously worth checking out as soon as you can and taking the vet's advice as to what treatment is needed - especially if you see any other bumps or swellings appearing.

Good luck, hope Cloud is ok xx

Fairy13
26-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Cloud x

Bebopy
26-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Hoping Cloud is doing okay. xxxxx

Hugbut
26-08-2010, 07:58 PM
When Hugo got nodular myxi, it mainly affected his nose/face (his nose ended up falling off :shock:) but the first symptoms he had was the classic swollen eye lids - all fingers & paws crossed here that it is something minor :wave:

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone! :wave: Sorry I disapeared for a bit, I was having a lovely time at work... I think I was suffering some sort of sympathy pains for her as my nose has been tickling something rotten all day! :roll::lol:

I got my Mum to ring the vet and make an appointment. I only have 120 (:oops:) in my account and the receptionist said that probably wouldn't be enough for an emergency appointment so she's booked in at 9am in the morning.

She still seems fine. Still just has a lump on her nose. I checked her underneath again in case anything had changed whilst I was at work and all was fine there too. I didn't know about feeling her ears so I'll pop back down and have a squeeze in a second!

I have seen the wildie today - he looks fine.

Should I keep Cloud with Barley for now or seperate them? My other six buns were all vacc'd together on June 24th (I remember thinking they'd be due their next one on xmas eve! :roll:). Barley looks fine.

Also, what should I ask the vet to perscribe for her? I'm not sure which particular vet the appointment's with, some of them are much better with rabbits than others... I want to make sure I go armed with knowledge in case I get one of the less good ones! :wave:

parsnipbun
26-08-2010, 08:26 PM
You will find opinions differ about keeping them together or not: If they do not have fleas (which can transmit the myxi in the same way mozzies do) then personally I have never separated mine and my myxi buns have never passed it on. But others feel differently.

If it is myxi then she will need support.

Drugs: again this differs but a minimum would be metacam against the swelling and any pain from it, and an antibiotic against secondary infection.

If it is myxi then depending how it develops there will be other drugs later. . .

*lily*
26-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Good luck at the vets, I hope it is nothing serious xxx

susie bun
26-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Will be thinking of you and Cloud specially tomorrow. Lots of vibes she will be OK. :love::wave:

yvette
26-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Dont get me wrong, but if a few of you think it may be nodular myxi...and youve seen a pic, what if the vet thinks it could be too, treats her for NM and its not????

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Is there a chance that if I catch it early, it won't get any worse or is it the kind of illness that gets worse before it gets better?

Cloud's seven. Will her age affect recovery?

Oooh, I hope it's just a bee sting so badly! :oops::(

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Dont get me wrong, but if a few of you think it may be nodular myxi...and youve seen a pic, what if the vet thinks it could be too, treats her for NM and its not????

I was wondering that too but then if it is just a bee sting or something, wouldn't they treat that with Metacam and antibiotics too?

Bunnyaddict
26-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Bless Cloud :cry: Really hope everything will be ok tomorrow for her xxx

yvette
26-08-2010, 08:45 PM
I was wondering that too but then if it is just a bee sting or something, wouldn't they treat that with Metacam and antibiotics too?

Good point.Still, very worrying.Best of luck in the morning with Cloud.xxxxxx

Santa
26-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Surely that's the same with virtually every animal (or indeed human) illness though. It's not often that there is a 100% clinically confirmed diagnosis, it's usually at least early on a case of identifying what it seems to be the most likely thing and treating that...and then if that doesn't work, trying something else or running more detailed diagnostics.

I don't see that this is any different, and as I said, even if it is myxi, it doesn't necessarily mean that great panic is needed - Harry had one nodule, it lasted around 6 weeks in total but that was it. No treatment, just keeping an eye on him and it. Hopefully there will still be only one lump in the morning and hopefully whatever it is, myxo or not, it will be minor and easily resolved. Please do keep us posted when you've seen the vet x

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 09:17 PM
I'll definately keep everyone updated :wave:

I have work 11-8 tomorrow (horrible shift!) so I'm hoping it's not going to be anything too major. I can just imagine being late to work and getting shouted at again. I rang in to say I wasn't coming in one day to get Marge PTS and my department manager rang me back and threatened to sack me. :shock::(

Anyway, I'm going off topic! :roll: If anyone can muster some spare vibes in the morning, they'd be very much appreciated. And thank you to eberyone that's already sent some and given advice xx :):wave:

Jessica Rabbit
26-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Sending lots of vibes from here and hope that it is nothing too sinister for poor Cloud. Will pop back on tomorrow to see how things are xx

Furry_Friends
26-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Sorry to hear about Cloud. Sending her good vibes from Surrey :)

susie bun
26-08-2010, 09:35 PM
11-8 is certainly a horrible shift, not what you want with a possibly (but I sincerely hope not) poorly bunny. I hope Cloud :love: has a comfortable night, and you get some sleep too! :wave:

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Thank you all :)

I normally only work 3-8 on a friday but I put my name down for extra hours due to my slight money issues. Wish I hadn't now! :oops::roll:

I've been to check on Cloud a few times this evening. I think she's wondering why the heck I keep waking her up! She seems fine, it's me that's flapping at the moment. :roll:

wally4eva
26-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Cloud. I'll have be thinking of you and her tomorrow morning and will have my fingers crossed for you. I hope its just a harmless sting!

Fluffers
26-08-2010, 09:55 PM
I'll definately keep everyone updated :wave:

I have work 11-8 tomorrow (horrible shift!) so I'm hoping it's not going to be anything too major. I can just imagine being late to work and getting shouted at again. I rang in to say I wasn't coming in one day to get Marge PTS and my department manager rang me back and threatened to sack me. :shock::(

Anyway, I'm going off topic! :roll: If anyone can muster some spare vibes in the morning, they'd be very much appreciated. And thank you to eberyone that's already sent some and given advice xx :):wave:

:censored::censored::evil::evil:

What a horrible person.

Sending lots of positive vibes for Cloud. Hope all is well xx

thumps_
26-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Everything crossed up here for you both tomorrow. Hoping you see the rabbit vet.
I'm hoping it isn't nodular myxi, but it looks very similar, & it's in the right place. On the other hand my bun had an infected insect bite on his ear. It became very red at 48hours & was intensely itchy - like a bright red smarty.
I think you need a vet to diagnose for certain.

bunnytoes
26-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Sending lots of vibes that it just a bee sting.

silverrabbit
26-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Will be thinking of you both x

georgie_f
26-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Thank you all again. I don't know where I'd be without RU. I know I'd be minus Thistle and Jess. Hopefully your know-how will get Cloud through whatever her problem is too. :)

I'm going to go to bed so I'm up bright and early tomorrow. I'll let you all know how we get on as soon as I can. :wave:

Elena
26-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Really hoping Cloud is ok.

VickiP
26-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Awww vibes for tomorrow, she may have been stung or bitten in fact by a mozzie but, not with myxi - it would still cause a swelling, I think noses are a popular spot for mozzies the one i caught was actually determined to land on Jingles nose - it was quite weird actually, I had to wait for it to land to get it, I know when I get bitten I swell up and they do like my blood. Good sign that wildie bun is alright, fingers crossed eh, personally I would go with antiobiotic rather than painkiller if she is normal and eating etc, this is just based on what my vets have said about painkillers - much like with humans they can do more harm than good when not necessary.

chelle
27-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Lotsa vibes for Cloud tomorrow...and Georgie - hope its just a sting, and you are not late for work with that horrible insensitive manager of yours!:roll:

Vibes.....vibes....vibes!:love:

mclaugh
27-08-2010, 01:34 AM
VIBES!!!!
hope its just a mean old bee that stung your Cloud and nothing else!!!

Best of luck in the morning!

Kermit
27-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Hope Cloud is ok this morning :)

*lily*
27-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Thinking of you and Cloud today xxx

GrahamL
27-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Loads of vibes Georgie !

Hope she's okay!

Snowberry
27-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Hope for a positive outcome for Cloud today- let us all know how she gets on. xxx

fluffiebunnie
27-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Good luck for today x

susie bun
27-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Hoping you get reassuring news! :wave:

Twinsen_Patrick
27-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Hope everything goes okay today xx

Loxxy
27-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Hope all goes well today :bunny:

georgie_f
27-08-2010, 10:19 AM
:wave:

I'm back from the vet. It was kind of inconclusive to be honest. I saw a vet that just looked at me blankly when I said 'nodular myxi' and she gave Cloud's nose a prod and said 'I don't really know...' This is kind of how the whole appointment went...

She went to see if the exotics vet was free but came back and said he was busy so she picked up Cloud and took her out the back to him. Obviously I have no idea how that conversation went but she came back and said that as the lump has come up so quickly, they suspect it's an allergic reaction to something. They sent me away with no meds at all (I did ask if she'd at least need Metacam for the swelling but she said no) but told me to go back if it gets bigger/bleeds/changes shape etc.

I'm not really sure if that's put my mind at rest or not now. :oops: I'm kind of concerned that her nose is going to have to fall off before they'll do anything.

But on the plus side, they obviously don't think she's dying! :D:roll:

Now I'm not sure if I should go to a different vet or do like they say and wait a couple of days. Cloud was no different to yesterday this morning - still no other symptoms.

Snowberry
27-08-2010, 10:22 AM
I think I would be tempted to leave her for a day or two and if it doesnt go down then take her to a different vet. If she is eating, drinking and bright then she isnt in pain and as there isnt a cure for myxi there isnt anything else you could be doing.

If it does turn out to be nodular myxi it will be a case of riding it it out with pain relief anyways and as she isnt in pain at the minute I think she will be ok.

*lily*
27-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Well, the decision is of course yours but I myself would try another vets.

They didn't really sound as though they are very knowledgeable with rabbits.

Hugo's There
27-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Thats a bit strange, even if its an allergic reaction to something, I would still have thought they would want to give her pain relief and maybe an antihistamine :?

You know your bunny best so I am sure you will make the best decision re- seeking a second opinion

georgie_f
27-08-2010, 10:28 AM
I think I would have felt much more reassured if I'd been able to speak to the exotics vet directly. I think because the vet I saw made it so obvious she didn't have a clue, it's put me on edge. I don't know if the exotics vet gave her a good look over or anything. I think, now I've left, I should have said I'd wait for him to be free so I could talk to him. Why do these things never cross your mind at the time?! :roll::oops:

If the lump looks any different this evening, or Cloud's not acting right, I think I'll take her to the drop in appointments at the other vet tomorrow. But if it just looks the same (or better! *prays*) then I'll give her til monday.

She's just acting as normal so I think she's ok. I've just got it in my head that her nose is going to drop off now. :oops: I do like to worry!

susie bun
27-08-2010, 10:49 AM
How frustrating for you! :? At least Cloud doesn't seem to be suffering too much. :) You'll be off to work by now I expect, but I'm sure Cloud's fans will all be on later in case there's an update. :love:

VickiP
27-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I think I would have felt much more reassured if I'd been able to speak to the exotics vet directly. I think because the vet I saw made it so obvious she didn't have a clue, it's put me on edge. I don't know if the exotics vet gave her a good look over or anything. I think, now I've left, I should have said I'd wait for him to be free so I could talk to him. Why do these things never cross your mind at the time?! :roll::oops:

If the lump looks any different this evening, or Cloud's not acting right, I think I'll take her to the drop in appointments at the other vet tomorrow. But if it just looks the same (or better! *prays*) then I'll give her til monday.

She's just acting as normal so I think she's ok. I've just got it in my head that her nose is going to drop off now. :oops: I do like to worry!

Personally I would be watching her behaviour more and if she is fine not worry too much, I would be inclined to bathe it personally just to keep it clean with cooled boiled water, even just at night. I'm sure she will be fine, I think it's fine to say go to another vet - but, it costs money, they are likely to tell you exactly the same thing aswell. Medication in rabbits should really be used only when absolutely necessary, I don't feel alarmed they haven't given her anything yet, I think that is sensible, given how small and delicate their digestive system is, as I said earlier over medicating can be harmful.

Jaysmonkey
27-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I'd take her to another vet and ensure you see a rabbit specialist. Better to be safe than sorry.

paulinejoe
27-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I'd ring the vets and ask to speak to the exotics vet over the phone - they're bound to remember seeing a rabbit with a lump on it's nose - if they ask why you want to speak to him/her you don't have to say you don't trust the other vet just that your bun was taken out the back to see the exotics vet and there's just a couple of questions you want to ask and think it's be easier to ask the exotics vet direct rather than going through someone else - something along those lines anyway.

Two things will come of it, you'll either completely trust their judgement and go from there or else if you still have doubts after speaking to them then you'll know whether to go elsewhere or not. I'd try and get back in touch with them asap though as it's a bank holiday weekend isn't it.

thumps_
27-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I'd ring the vets and ask to speak to the exotics vet over the phone - they're bound to remember seeing a rabbit with a lump on it's nose - if they ask why you want to speak to him/her you don't have to say you don't trust the other vet just that your bun was taken out the back to see the exotics vet and there's just a couple of questions you want to ask and think it's be easier to ask the exotics vet direct rather than going through someone else - something along those lines anyway.

Two things will come of it, you'll either completely trust their judgement and go from there or else if you still have doubts after speaking to them then you'll know whether to go elsewhere or not. I'd try and get back in touch with them asap though as it's a bank holiday weekend isn't it.

Excellent idea.

georgie_f
27-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Ooh, I hadn't thought of phoning! Gosh, I really have been a bit dim over this. :oops:

I do think Vicki's right though, if I take her to the other vet, I'm sure they'll say the same. The other vet is the one that didn't give her any pain relief after her spay. The vets here seem to be just as behind as they rest of the island! :roll:

Unfortunately, I'm yet to find a vet that is rabbit savvy over here, and I'm a bit limited about where I can take her. :( If it really comes to it, I'll look for a vet in Southampton/Portsmouth - I'm sure there must be better ones over there but I'm not sure if it's fair to put the buns through the boat journey.

susie bun
27-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Is Cloud still seeming to be OK in herself? :love: Hope you sort out the vet situation - it sounds a bit tricky.:?

georgie_f
27-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Is Cloud still seeming to be OK in herself? :love: Hope you sort out the vet situation - it sounds a bit tricky.:?

She's absolutely fine! She gave the vet a good boxing when she poked her about... That's my Cloudy! :lol: She's eating, snuggling with Barley and hopping around like normal. She's very active for her age actually. :love:

Every so often I'll find a vet that I really like but the vet I normally use is Pet Doctors and they seem to rotate their staff around the country. I'll find a good vet and they're normally gone again within six months. There's also an older vet that I like because he's willing to listen to me (he agreed to give Thistle penicillin injections for syphillis when every one else said he had myxi and should be PTS :shock:) but he's semi-retired now and is very hard to get an appointment with.

I really wish someone would just give the go-ahead to build a bridge! :roll:

Jenova
27-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Just caught up with this. I've got no better advice than phoning to speak to the exotic vet, but I wanted to wish you luck. :)

susie bun
27-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Good to know that Cloud is fighting fit (perhaps literally! :lol:), dodgy nose notwithstanding. Please pass on best wishes from her friend in the north. :love::wave:

georgie_f
28-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Good to know that Cloud is fighting fit (perhaps literally! :lol:), dodgy nose notwithstanding. Please pass on best wishes from her friend in the north. :love::wave:

Thank you :wave: I will do! I'll give her an extra big squish on your behalf! :lol:

yvette
28-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Thats a bit strange, even if its an allergic reaction to something, I would still have thought they would want to give her pain relief and maybe an antihistamine :?
You know your bunny best so I am sure you will make the best decision re- seeking a second opinion

Best for bunny and even better for vets pocket even if they dont want to give it!!:roll:

I would go elsewhere.but then I panic.

thumps_
28-08-2010, 12:38 PM
:wave: Hi Georgie f. How is Cloud's nose today?

georgie_f
28-08-2010, 07:18 PM
:wave: Hi Georgie f. How is Cloud's nose today?

Hiya Judy! :wave::D

Cloud's nose still looks the same as it did yesterday. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse. Also still no other symptoms. I got up and checked her at 7am this morning just in case it had got worse and I needed to take her back to the vets. She's still eating, drinking, peeing, pooing... biting... :roll::lol:

I'm hoping if it's stayed the same for a few days, that means it's not going to get any worse. :oops:

susie bun
28-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Sounds like Cloud is well and truly in possession of all her bunny faculties! :lol::lol::lol: Hope you see some improvement to the nose soon.

thumps_
28-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I think it's sounding hopeful that Cloud's got an insect bite.
Oh that poor swollen nose!

GrahamL
28-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Glad Cloud is sounding like she's okay Georgie...no more panics needed and no need to worry about Ringo/Pogo? ;)

georgie_f
28-08-2010, 11:20 PM
I messaged Kris and let her know what was going on - plans for Ringo/Pogo (:lol:) are being put on hold until Cloud's got the all clear.

Kris PM'd me the link for her thread about Autumn, and me being a worry wort and sleep deprived... I'm now sat here bawling my eyes out and feeling sick. :oops::cry:

If she gets even a quarter as bad as poor Autumn, I don't think I'll be able to cope. :cry: And more importantly, I don't think the vet will be able to treat her either. :shock::cry:

Meh, I'm rocking the panda eyed look right now. :roll::oops:

GrahamL
28-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I messaged Kris and let her know what was going on - plans for Ringo/Pogo (:lol:) are being put on hold until Cloud's got the all clear.

Kris PM'd me the link for her thread about Autumn, and me being a worry wort and sleep deprived... I'm now sat here bawling my eyes out and feeling sick. :oops::cry:

If she gets even a quarter as bad as poor Autumn, I don't think I'll be able to cope. :cry: And more importantly, I don't think the vet will be able to treat her either. :shock::cry:

Meh, I'm rocking the panda eyed look right now. :roll::oops:

Aww *hugs* :)

At least panda eyed is temporary and different to leaving your hair dye in too long and it going rather red whilst trying to work out a crazy transport routine for bunny rescues for us both :lol: :)

I'm sure Cloud will be fine! Lots of happy thoughts needed!

georgie_f
28-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Aww *hugs* :)

At least panda eyed is temporary and different to leaving your hair dye in too long and it going rather red whilst trying to work out a crazy transport routine for bunny rescues for us both :lol: :)

I'm sure Cloud will be fine! Lots of happy thoughts needed!

*Recieves virtual hugs. Feels better.* :)

And you do have a point there, at least the panda eyes wash off! :roll::lol:

GrahamL
28-08-2010, 11:42 PM
see, im good at this :wave: :lol:

KarenM
28-08-2010, 11:52 PM
I've managed to completely miss this till now. :oops: Sowwy.

Lots of vibes for Cloud. If there's been no change as yet, it seems hopeful that it might be something less sinister, or very mild nodular myxi at worst, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :love:

georgie_f
29-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Thank you Karen :wave: Vibes are always very much appreciated. :)

I've been thinking since I went to the vet on friday that I can always take Cloud to the other vet on monday for a second opinion... Lillian's thread has just reminded me it's a bank holiday. GRR! :roll:

thumps_
29-08-2010, 12:45 AM
I've managed to completely miss this till now. :oops: Sowwy.

Lots of vibes for Cloud. If there's been no change as yet, it seems hopeful that it might be something less sinister, or very mild nodular myxi at worst, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :love:

This is exactly what I think. I think we're at the end of the 3rd day now, & the 4th day of symptoms. If it was going to be anything nasty I'd have expected a rapid progression. It hasn't done this. I'm in agreement with KarenM.
My gut feeling is that Cloud will get over this under her own steam.

Fingers & legs & paws crossed.

georgie_f
29-08-2010, 12:54 AM
This is exactly what I think. I think we're at the end of the 3rd day now, & the 4th day of symptoms. If it was going to be anything nasty I'd have expected a rapid progression. It hasn't done this. I'm in agreement with KarenM.
My gut feeling is that Cloud will get over this under her own steam.

Fingers & legs & paws crossed.

I really really hope you're right. Hopefully I'll look back on this in a couple of weeks and wonder what I'd gotten myself in such a flap about. :)

Thank you for the reassurance too. :wave:

chelle
29-08-2010, 01:34 AM
oooh wonderful to hear Cloud is her usual bunny-self!
Hugs and noserubs to ya's!:love:

Fluffers
29-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Keep coming back & checking this thread, pleased to hear Cloud is well & nose worse bom bom :lol:

Oh dear, don't give up your day job Jen :roll:

georgie_f
29-08-2010, 11:42 AM
:lol::lol::lol: It made me laugh! :D

I've just been outside and taken some more piccys of Cloud's hooter to compare to the previous piccys. I'm finding it hard to figure out if it's getting better/worse/staying the same. I suppose because I see her every day I wouldn't notice it changing so much. Unless her nose fell off of course :shock:...

http://a.imageshack.us/img340/263/dsc01144l.jpg (http://img340.imageshack.us/i/dsc01144l.jpg/)

http://a.imageshack.us/img14/6670/dsc01146ie.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/i/dsc01146ie.jpg/)

http://a.imageshack.us/img844/5905/dsc01149m.jpg (http://img844.imageshack.us/i/dsc01149m.jpg/)

She still has nothing else wrong with her other than this giant nose.

Any thoughts guys? (Except that she looks like she's being held by the grim reaper in the last photo! :lol:)

TeflonsShadow
29-08-2010, 11:44 AM
It looks like a swelling..... could it be an abcsess? Has she been bitten by something?? Try shining a bright torch on it... if it shows up light/clear, then its full of a light liquid, if its dark then it could be puss.

I really hope its not Myxi but shes showing no other symptoms right?

Kisses for Cloud!!

youthnovels
29-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Any thoughts guys? (Except that she looks like she's being held by the grim reaper in the last photo! :lol:)

I would say it looks the same as the first lot of photos. Poor little thing. Funnily enough I had a spot that looked exactly like that last week on my chin :shock:

georgie_f
29-08-2010, 11:47 AM
It looks like a swelling..... could it be an abcsess? Has she been bitten by something?? Try shining a bright torch on it... if it shows up light/clear, then its full of a light liquid, if its dark then it could be puss.

I really hope its not Myxi but shes showing no other symptoms right?

Kisses for Cloud!!

No other symptoms at all. She's still behaving as normal too.

When I touch the bump, it feels solid. I desricbed it the other day as feeling like a smartie under her skin. The vet mentioned about having a biopsy done if it doesn't go away by itself and they pondered the thought of it being an abcsess too, but wouldn't an abcsess feel squidgy?

Santa
29-08-2010, 11:47 AM
It still looks like a myxo nodule to me - maybe she was actually bitten on her nose and so has a localised reaction in that place, but has a good enough immune system (and maybe a weak strain/low dose) to mean that it never got any further than that?

Harry's one looked exactly like that and over the next few weeks the lump slowly got more and more pronounced - it sort of rose upwards a bit like a cake rising in the oven, so the edges got more defined...then it literally just fell off leaving a hole :shock: New skin was already growing underneath it as it rose - perhaps the body encases it off and ejects it that way. I don't know, it was certainly very odd to watch.

I do agree with the others that if it is a myxo nodule (or anything else for that matter), the fact that nothing else has appeared within the past few days is hopefully a good sign :)

georgie_f
29-08-2010, 11:49 AM
I would say it looks the same as the first lot of photos. Poor little thing. Funnily enough I had a spot that looked exactly like that last week on my chin :shock:

:lol::lol: I bet that looked lovely! :p

I think it still looks the same too.

TeflonsShadow
29-08-2010, 11:51 AM
No other symptoms at all. She's still behaving as normal too.

When I touch the bump, it feels solid. I desricbed it the other day as feeling like a smartie under her skin. The vet mentioned about having a biopsy done if it doesn't go away by itself and they pondered the thought of it being an abcsess too, but wouldn't an abcsess feel squidgy?

Not always! The puss is REALLY thick and horrid..... IF it is an abcsess, then be prepared for yuck..... my bun had a few and was having treatment and sometimes they popped by themselves and BY GOD they make a big smelly mess! (so if you go out one morning and you find a big smelly mess, dont panic, you'll know whats happened ;) )

Does it feel warm at all, or the same temp as her?

georgie_f
29-08-2010, 11:52 AM
It still looks like a myxo nodule to me - maybe she was actually bitten on her nose and so has a localised reaction in that place, but has a good enough immune system (and maybe a weak strain/low dose) to mean that it never got any further than that?

Harry's one looked exactly like that and over the next few weeks the lump slowly got more and more pronounced - it sort of rose upwards a bit like a cake rising in the oven, so the edges got more defined...then it literally just fell off leaving a hole :shock: New skin was already growing underneath it as it rose - perhaps the body encases it off and ejects it that way. I don't know, it was certainly very odd to watch.

I do agree with the others that if it is a myxo nodule (or anything else for that matter), the fact that nothing else has appeared within the past few days is hopefully a good sign :)

I keep thinking back to what you said about Harry before and finding it reassuring. :) I kind of feel like I'm not doing enough to help her as she has no meds but then I remember you saying Harry dealt with it himself and I feel a bit better about it all. :):wave:

I have a feeling I'm not going to know what it is until it's been and gone. If her bump doesn't drop off, I guess it was a sting or a bite or something but if it does, it's obviously nodular myxi.

I absolutely hope and pray a decent vet will move over here one day! :roll:

georgie_f
29-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Not always! The puss is REALLY thick and horrid..... IF it is an abcsess, then be prepared for yuck..... my bun had a few and was having treatment and sometimes they popped by themselves and BY GOD they make a big smelly mess! (so if you go out one morning and you find a big smelly mess, dont panic, you'll know whats happened ;) )

Does it feel warm at all, or the same temp as her?

Ewww! :shock: If it is an abcsess and it pops by itself, are you supposed to wash it out with anything? Obviously, I'd take her to the vet if that happened but if I couldn't get an appointment straight away, I'm guessing it'd be best to clean it with something.

It feels the same temprature as the rest of Cloud, as far as I've noticed.

TeflonsShadow
29-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Ewww! :shock: If it is an abcsess and it pops by itself, are you supposed to wash it out with anything? Obviously, I'd take her to the vet if that happened but if I couldn't get an appointment straight away, I'm guessing it'd be best to clean it with something.

It feels the same temprature as the rest of Cloud, as far as I've noticed.

If it does pop, then I would clean any gunge off her and take her to the vets, she'll need meds to fight it and iodine to clean it out with. You can just wipe her off with water at home before you go to the vets though... I must warn you though, you will need a strong stomach! It stinks!

They can be a right pain to get rid of though, especially if it 'seeds' (another way to know if its an abcsess, if another wee lump develops... keep checking her body).

Thing is, with it on her face, you shouldnt squeeze it to try..... such a delicate area!!

I would think if its the same temp, it wont be an abscess, my buns were generally warm/hot......depending on the thickness of the 'capsule' it was in......

Can you get someone to hold her and get a magnifying glass to have a close look and see if you can see any bite marks?

One way you can keep an eye on progress is to measure the size of the lump? With a tape measure?

Poor Cloud!!

georgie_f
29-08-2010, 12:15 PM
If it does pop, then I would clean any gunge off her and take her to the vets, she'll need meds to fight it and iodine to clean it out with. You can just wipe her off with water at home before you go to the vets though... I must warn you though, you will need a strong stomach! It stinks!

They can be a right pain to get rid of though, especially if it 'seeds' (another way to know if its an abcsess, if another wee lump develops... keep checking her body).

Thing is, with it on her face, you shouldnt squeeze it to try..... such a delicate area!!

I would think if its the same temp, it wont be an abscess, my buns were generally warm/hot......depending on the thickness of the 'capsule' it was in......

Can you get someone to hold her and get a magnifying glass to have a close look and see if you can see any bite marks?

One way you can keep an eye on progress is to measure the size of the lump? With a tape measure?

Poor Cloud!!

Ooh, I think my Mum has a magnifying glass. I'll con her into holding Cloud later so I can have a good look (Cloud's a biter! :lol:).

I haven't found any other lumps anywhere. I've been checking, thinking that she'd develop more lumps if it's myxi.

I have a bottle of Hibiscrub somewhere too.

*lily*
29-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Would it not be worth giving her antibiotics so, if it is an abscess, it will help to bring it to a head quicker? (antibiotics helped when my daughter had a massive botty abscess!). Also, whatever it is will be painful so is she having pain relief?

Just a few thoughts!

susie bun
29-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Glad Cloud is no worse and showing no other symptoms of unwellness. Keep us posted with how she gest on. :wave: It looked like someone else wanted to get in on one of photos ... ;)

Hanlou
29-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Only just seen this Georgie! :wave: xx

Sending tons and tons of vibes for Cloud and hoping it's nothing nasty. Shall keep checking this thread! Oh - and lots of virtual hugs for you too. xx

TeflonsShadow
29-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Would it not be worth giving her antibiotics so, if it is an abscess, it will help to bring it to a head quicker? (antibiotics helped when my daughter had a massive botty abscess!). Also, whatever it is will be painful so is she having pain relief?

Just a few thoughts!

Only thing is with antibios for abscesses is that they dont always work, you have to try and find the right one! My bun had soooooooo many that she ended up with dopicillin I think as a last resort which would either kill her or cure her, thank god it did the latter......

I wonder if it is sore? obviously you dont want to numb it too much incase she starts bumping/scratching it....

georgie_f
29-08-2010, 01:18 PM
When I took her to the vet, I asked if she should at least have some metacam or meloxodyl (thinking it was a sting and it would help the swelling go down) but the vet was adamant that she didn't think I should give Cloud any medicine for it unless it started to grow/weep/scab/bleed. I'm not sure if this was genuine advice or if the vet was thinking I'd have to go back and spend more money (I'm a bit pesimistic when it comes to these things). Personally, I think she should be having some sort of medication even if there's only a slight change it will help, but I went with the vets advice as I'd hope they'd know more than I do! :roll::lol:

I don't think Cloud could be in much pain as I think if she was she'd be acting at least a little diferently, but she's still the same as ever. She's still 'hamster washing' and itching at it with her foot very occasionally - I suppose she wouldn't do either of those things if it was really sore. :?:

tigerangel
29-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't think rabbits 'avoid' sore areas, in fact I think they pay attention to sore areas more than usual. When Smudge broke his toe he favoured that broken toe in his cleaning routine more than usual.

Have you seen your wildie lately to check him/her for signs of myxi? I know it's difficult to get up close and personal with a wildie, but maybe you can give him a bit of a check over with binoculars or a camera with a zoom lens to see if he's showing any noticable signs? Just in case since I assume he will be completely unvaccinated.

georgie_f
29-08-2010, 02:35 PM
I don't think rabbits 'avoid' sore areas, in fact I think they pay attention to sore areas more than usual. When Smudge broke his toe he favoured that broken toe in his cleaning routine more than usual.

Have you seen your wildie lately to check him/her for signs of myxi? I know it's difficult to get up close and personal with a wildie, but maybe you can give him a bit of a check over with binoculars or a camera with a zoom lens to see if he's showing any noticable signs? Just in case since I assume he will be completely unvaccinated.

She's not paying more attention than usual to her nose, and she's not avoiding touching it either. She really is just acting as normal. Barley's been grooming her too and she's let him lick her nose (although I'm not sure Barley should really be licking it... :shock:).

I've seen the wildie today - he's not that nervous of me being in the garden so will often hop about in the veggie patch whilst I'm sat watching. He looks absolutely fine, no scabby eyes, no visilble bumps or scabs, just a healthy looking wildie. I'll try and get a photo of him. :)

Bluesmum
29-08-2010, 03:33 PM
MNy vets are pretty good (Alver in gosport) so you could always pop over here if you wanted to. I don't really have any advice, but I hope she feels better soon. I'd go with the theory that if it hasn't changed over the last couple of days then it probably isnt something sinister. I'd maybe want a biopsy done if it was still there by weds though.

Heather&Bart-MyLittleBuns
29-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Sorry only just saw this :wave:

My Heather has had Myxi and the ones on her nose looked quite similar but she had quite a few other lumps pop up too :?

Just because she is acting fine doesn't mean its not myxi with Heather if it wasn't for her apperance you wouldn't have known that she was ill as she bounced around, ate normally ect. The vets said that because she was vaccinated then it was a less aggresive form of myxi, and that was prehaps why she didn't seem particulary bothered by the lumps

Sorry I don't mean to panic you!

I would take Cloud to another vets tomorrow and get them to have a look at it. I'm surprised the vets didn't give Cloud anything for the pain or swelling :? But I don't have any experiances with bites or allergic reactions :?

Sending nose rubs for Cloud and *hugs* for you! Don't panic before you need to! :wave:

georgie_f
29-08-2010, 09:18 PM
I know that it could still be myxi, I'm just hopeful that as she's still acting normally, it's not that aggressive and not affecting her too much. :)

Unfortunately, I can't take Cloud to the vet tomorrow because of the bank holiday - I dread to think how much it would cost to call for an emergency appointment too. :shock: I'm hoping to get an appointment with the vet that deals with exotics on wednesday - unless she gets worse in the meantime in which case I'll get an appointment sooner (either an emergency appointment tomorrow or I'll have to phone in sick on tuesday :oops:).

If I still don't get anywhere, I think I'll either find a mainland vet or Judy kindly PM'd me earlier and suggested I get my vet to ring one of the rabbit vets at Great Western Referals for a bit of help. :)

susie bun
29-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Hope you get someone who knows there stuff soon. I find it difficult to think of rabbits as 'exotic' - much as I love them of course. Is an exotic everything that isn't a cat or dog? :? Special 'get well' wishes to the lovely lady-bun. :love:

GrahamL
30-08-2010, 08:57 PM
How is cloud this evening Georgie?

georgie_f
30-08-2010, 09:41 PM
She's fine, still much the same although I think the bump has got a little bigger. I'm ringing the vets in the morning to get an appointment with the exotics vet (probably an appointment on wednesday unless it's definately bigger in the morning, in which case I'll be pulling a sicky to take her tomorrow - I don't want her nose popping! :shock:).

I find it really odd that they're classed as exotic too - especially as bunnies are the third most popular pet in this country. It makes no sense that vets get so little training about them. :?

thumps_
30-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm sorry it's getting bigger. Everything crossed for Cloud.

susie bun
30-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Best wishes for the vet appointment, especially if you have to phone in sick to take Cloud along tomorrow. Sending her more vibes. :love::love: It's quite alarming that some vets don't seem rabbit-savvy. My vet is very convenient and nice to Spenser and his super-anxious mummy, but I'm not sure how happy I'd be going for anything other than vaccinations and nail clips.

georgie_f
30-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't even trust my vets to clip claws to be honest. The ones with pale nails they're fine with but they made my dark nailed buns bleed one too many times so I bought my own clippers. :roll:

Hopefully her nose will be ok until wednesday, I'm a bit concerned about the possibilty of throwing a sicky as my manager is a right 'mare (I'd be really paranoid they'd find out too). The last time I rang in and said I was taking a bunny to the vet, I spoke to personel and they were fine about it but my department manager rang me straight back and told me if I wasn't at work I'd be facing a disaplinary as customers are more important than a rabbit. :( My attendance is 99.08% as well! :evil: *huff*

susie bun
30-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Sympathies re. the work situation. Bunnies are such under-rated creatures by the uninitiated. :evil::evil: We know better of course. Cloud is very VERY important. Hope her nose behaves itself till Wednesday though, to save you the awkwardness and paranoia of getting off tomorrow. :wave:

Hugo's There
30-08-2010, 10:30 PM
If Steve is running late for work he says he has an urgent medical appointment but just fails to mention it is for a rabbit ;) He still gets in to trouble but not as badly as if it was a vets appointment.

Good luck with the vets, I would definitely ask fro pain relief, something that swollen has to hurt :?

Rachel89
30-08-2010, 11:04 PM
I know how you feel Georgie my old boss was terrible in the end I didn't say it was for vets but doctors.

Hope Clouds nose doesn't get any bigger poor girl :(

georgie_f
30-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah, the last time I rang I figured it'd be best to be honest - I was taking Marge in to be PTS, my shift was 1-6 and Marge's appointment was 4.30. My manager realised she wasn't going to get anywhere after a while and then tried telling me I had to be in by 5 and work til 10. I told her she was having a laugh if she thought I was going to sit on a till for five hours balling my eyes out and hung up. :oops: I've made a mental note for future use - LIE! :roll:

I'm going to insist on pain relief and antibiotics. I'm tempted to complain whilst I'm there too as I'm sure if they'd just listened to me and given her medication on friday, it probably wouldn't be any bigger now. :( I'm still peeved they charged me the full consultation fee for telling me 'I don't know what it is...' as well. :censored:

Gem
30-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Poor girlie :love: Glad to hear she's not 'unwell' in herself though, definitely a good sign.

*If* it is myxi, it looks like she's got a good immune system which will help her :)

Lots of get well soon vibes coming from the mainland :D :love:

georgie_f
31-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Poor girlie :love: Glad to hear she's not 'unwell' in herself though, definitely a good sign.

*If* it is myxi, it looks like she's got a good immune system which will help her :)

Lots of get well soon vibes coming from the mainland :D :love:

Thanks Gem :wave: I hope you're right about her imune system as I don't think her age is on her side really. :?

TeflonsShadow
31-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Good luck tomorrow :wave: Did you see my thread asking how wee Cloud was :(

georgie_f
31-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Good luck tomorrow :wave: Did you see my thread asking how wee Cloud was :(

:shock: Nooo! Sorry Jeanna, I must have missed it. :oops::(

*Goes off to search*

TeflonsShadow
31-08-2010, 12:37 AM
:shock: Nooo! Sorry Jeanna, I must have missed it. :oops::(

*Goes off to search*

Hehe, see, I was thinkin about yas!! :wave: Keep us updated! I will be able to check more often if my iphone arrives tomorrow!! :D

georgie_f
31-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Hehe, see, I was thinkin about yas!! :wave: Keep us updated! I will be able to check more often if my iphone arrives tomorrow!! :D

I will do. :) I bet it'll take me ages to get through to the vet as it's been a bank holiday so it might take me a while to update! :lol:

georgie_f
31-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Rang the vet (took an hour to get through!) - Cloud has another appointment tomorrow morning at 10.20 with the exotics vet. :wave: Hopefully he'll actually give me some medicine.

Gemmapookie
31-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Just seen this and wanted to send loads of vibes for Cloud.
I hope its just abite/sting that shes had an allergic reaction to :?

Good thing is if it is myxi shes obviously doing a great job of fighting it. Fingers crossed for her xxxxx

susie bun
31-08-2010, 12:31 PM
That's good you've got an appointment with the exotic vet. Hope Cloud is no worse in the meantime - you are having a time of it! :(

Gem
01-09-2010, 12:33 AM
How's Cloud doing?

Will be thinking of you in the morning :love:

georgie_f
01-09-2010, 12:44 AM
She's still fine. :wave: Her nose was no worse today than it was yesterday but it definately looks like it should be a bit sore. :(

She was a bit quieter today, but then, so was Barley. It was really hot and sunny today after a few days of rain and overcast-ness so I think they were having a lazy day. They both nearly had my fingers off at dinner time so still eating like little gannets. :lol:

TeflonsShadow
01-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Give cloud a snuggle from me! When's the vet app, tomorrow? I'll be thinking of you's!!

KarenM
01-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Best of luck at the vet today. :love:

weedug
01-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Just noticed this and wanted to send vibes for Cloud.

Good luck at the vet today!

01-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Good Luck at the vets today! Hope its nothing more than a bite :wave: x

Fluffers
01-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Thinking of you & Cloud today - hope all is well x

GrahamL
01-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Hope all goes well today Georgie

Lots of non-myxi vibes for Cloud and even more get-better-nose vibes :)

thumps_
01-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Lot's of good luck for Cloud at the vets.

georgie_f
01-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks everyone :wave:

I just got in from the vet. Cloud's going to be admitted tomorrow for a biopsy.

The options were biopsy or try antibiotics for a week to see if it went down but the vet warned me that if the anti-biotics didn't do anything, the surgery would be riskier as her nose is gradually getting more and more swollen. As she's an old bunny, I figured it'd be best to do the biopsy so it's over and done with, the surgery's not so invasive and we know exactly what the problem is.

The vet I saw today (the exotics vet!) didn't think it was myxi and the words 'cancer' and 'tumour' cropped up a few times. :shock:

So I get to be worried all over again tomorrow! :roll::lol:

GrahamL
01-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks everyone :wave:

I just got in from the vet. Cloud's going to be admitted tomorrow for a biopsy.

The options were biopsy or try antibiotics for a week to see if it went down but the vet warned me that if the anti-biotics didn't do anything, the surgery would be riskier as her nose is gradually getting more and more swollen. As she's an old bunny, I figured it'd be best to do the biopsy so it's over and done with, the surgery's not so invasive and we know exactly what the problem is.

The vet I saw today (the exotics vet!) didn't think it was myxi and the words 'cancer' and 'tumour' cropped up a few times. :shock:

So I get to be worried all over again tomorrow! :roll::lol:

Oh you do get them don't you eh?

I'm sure she'll be fine - best to get these things checked ASAP.

Fluffers
01-09-2010, 12:15 PM
You're doing everything you can Georgie & that's all you can do as a caring & responsible bunny owner. No point me telling you not to worry because I know you will. Thinking of you and sending lots of get better nose vibes to Cloud x

Rykat
01-09-2010, 01:17 PM
No point saying don't worry, but just want to send "healthy nose" vibes to Cloud xx

georgie_f
01-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks all :wave:

She got through her spay ok earlier in the year so hopefully she'll be ok with this biopsy. I'm a little worried as she had to be resusitated during her spay but the vets assured me that she won't have as much anaesthetic for this so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Just been to Tesco to make sure I've got lots of nice veggies to take to the vets with her. My Mum will have to pick her up for me so hopefully she'll be able to ring me at work and let me know how she is, otherwise I'll be sat worrying til 8pm. :roll::lol:

I also told the vet I was going to do a victory dance and tell him I told him so if it comes back that it is myxi! :lol:

Gemmapookie
01-09-2010, 04:09 PM
You must be so relieved and anxious to finally be finding out what it is. Hopefully whatever it is its localised and can be easily treated.

Good luck for the GA Im sure she'll be fine. Remember to keep her cosy and spoil her with yummy treats afterwards ;)

georgie_f
01-09-2010, 05:23 PM
You must be so relieved and anxious to finally be finding out what it is. Hopefully whatever it is its localised and can be easily treated.

Good luck for the GA Im sure she'll be fine. Remember to keep her cosy and spoil her with yummy treats afterwards ;)

Yeah, it'll be good to know what it is at last. I have to admit, I think I'm going to be pretty peeved if it is nodular myxi as I've said to the vets all along that that's what I think it is and they brushed me off over it twice now. I still think the biopsy's the best way forward though, if she doesn't have it done and it's not myxi then we could be trying every medicine going and still not getting anywhere.

I don't think I'm going to sleep very well tonight. :oops::roll:

susie bun
01-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Just seen the update as I've been on duty at a university Open Day all day. Hoping all goes well for Cloud tomorrow, and sending extra special vibes for her. :love::love::love:

Gem
01-09-2010, 07:37 PM
That's good news sort of :)

Will the be thinking of you both tomorrow :love:

georgie_f
01-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Thank you!

I think I'm going to have sapped RU of every single vibe going by the time Cloud's half way to being sorted out! :lol: I have to wait a week for the results of the biopsy apparently too... URGH!! :roll:

weedug
01-09-2010, 08:17 PM
I hope everything goes OK for Cloud at the vet tomorrow.

Sending loads of healthy nose vibes.

mini lop1
01-09-2010, 08:20 PM
sending cloud vibes :wave:

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Thank you :wave:

We're leaving for the vet in about twenty minutes. :| Bit concerned this might be the last time I see her... :shock::oops:

GrahamL
02-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Thank you :wave:

We're leaving for the vet in about twenty minutes. :| Bit concerned this might be the last time I see her... :shock::oops:

Stop worrying so much Georgie :) I'm sure it'll be fine.

Good luck, let us know how you get on please:wave:

*lily*
02-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Good luck at the vets xxx

Fairy13
02-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Good luck today Cloud!! xx

02-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Good Luck Georgie and Cloud!! x :wave:

Gemmapookie
02-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Good luck for today :wave:

pennypoos
02-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Hope every thing goes well for cloud today.:)

paulinejoe
02-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Good luck and lots of positive vibes for Cloud :wave:

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Thank you! I've only just realised this thread has got to 18 pages long :oops: You lot are all far too nice! :love:

I've dropped her off. The vet nurse was really nice and she's going to ring the vet that spayed Cloud to check if they had any major problems with the GA. They're also checking her teeth whilst she's knocked out. Poor old Barley must be cursing being married to Cloud! This is his third vet trip in about a week with nothing wrong with him now! :lol: He looked postively P'd off when I put him in the carrier!

Just got to wait for the vet to ring now. Hoping they'll ring before 2pm as that's when I leave for work.

GrahamL
02-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Thank you! I've only just realised this thread has got to 18 pages long :oops: You lot are all far too nice! :love:

I've dropped her off. The vet nurse was really nice and she's going to ring the vet that spayed Cloud to check if they had any major problems with the GA. They're also checking her teeth whilst she's knocked out. Poor old Barley must be cursing being married to Cloud! This is his third vet trip in about a week with nothing wrong with him now! :lol: He looked postively P'd off when I put him in the carrier!

Just got to wait for the vet to ring now. Hoping they'll ring before 2pm as that's when I leave for work.

Aww, Poor Cloud and Poor Barley!

Hope it all works out well.

Lots of getting better and nothing serious vibes :)

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Vet just rang - biopsy's been done. Cloud's fine and it all went well.

Mum's going to pick her up at 3.15 as I'll be at work (Mum will have to pay! Mwahahahaha!).

Just have to wait for the results now I suppose...

susie bun
02-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Get well vibes for Cloud :love::love: and 'be patient' vibes for Barley. Hope you get the phone call before work. :wave:

Fluffers
02-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Vet just rang - biopsy's been done. Cloud's fine and it all went well.

Mum's going to pick her up at 3.15 as I'll be at work (Mum will have to pay! Mwahahahaha!).
Just have to wait for the results now I suppose...

:lol::lol::lol:

btw Georgie - my parents are on the island for two weeks hol (they arrived yesterday) so if there's anything you want bringing back ooop north just say and I'll send 'em round! x

weedug
02-09-2010, 12:07 PM
So glad Cloud is through the op fine :D.

At least that's that hurdle over with.

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

btw Georgie - my parents are on the island for two weeks hol (they arrived yesterday) so if there's anything you want bringing back ooop north just say and I'll send 'em round! x

You got room up there for grumpy Barley?! ;):lol::lol:

Where abouts are they staying? It'd be weird if they were in the hotel next door. :shock::lol:

susie bun
02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
My last post crossed with your update. So pleased she has come through the biopsy. Vibes now for reassuring news. :wave:

Fluffers
02-09-2010, 12:11 PM
You got room up there for grumpy Barley?! ;):lol::lol:

Where abouts are they staying? It'd be weird if they were in the hotel next door. :shock::lol:

They're here: http://whitefieldforest.co.uk/index.html

in their very posh caravan :D

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 12:24 PM
My last post crossed with your update. So pleased she has come through the biopsy. Vibes now for reassuring news. :wave:

I hate it when that happens, makes you look like a right berk! :p:lol: I did it once on a bird forum - by the time I'd typed out my vibes, sent my love and told them they were probably worried about nothing, the OP had already posted saying the bird had died. Queue a big panic to edit before they read it. :oops::roll::lol:

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 12:26 PM
They're here: http://whitefieldforest.co.uk/index.html

in their very posh caravan :D

You know, I've never heard of that campsite! :oops: I'll have a look around in the shed and see if I've got anything that Jill might find useful. I'd send back some food and stuff but I'm realy short of money. :(

Are your parents bunny loving types? They're very welcome to pop in for a cup of tea and a bikkie if they'd like to! :wave:

Fluffers
02-09-2010, 01:25 PM
You know, I've never heard of that campsite! :oops: I'll have a look around in the shed and see if I've got anything that Jill might find useful. I'd send back some food and stuff but I'm realy short of money. :(

Are your parents bunny loving types? They're very welcome to pop in for a cup of tea and a bikkie if they'd like to! :wave:

Aww bless you I didn't mean for you to go looking for something to send, it was just in case you'd got anything you wanted bringing back :) It would be sods law if I didn't ask you'd post a thread on here the day after they'd left asking if anyone was coming to the IOW!! :roll::lol:

Oooh yes they are both real softies and LOVE all animals. Mum would love a couple of buns of her own but they go away a lot in the van so it wouldnt work. That's very sweet of you, I'll let them know! They've been to the island a few times before and love it. Any secret locations they should visit that they might not be aware of?

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Aww bless you I didn't mean for you to go looking for something to send, it was just in case you'd got anything you wanted bringing back :) It would be sods law if I didn't ask you'd post a thread on here the day after they'd left asking if anyone was coming to the IOW!! :roll::lol:

Oooh yes they are both real softies and LOVE all animals. Mum would love a couple of buns of her own but they go away a lot in the van so it wouldnt work. That's very sweet of you, I'll let them know! They've been to the island a few times before and love it. Any secret locations they should visit that they might not be aware of?

I'd like to send something back, I'm just not sure what! :lol: I've normally got a stash of carriers and cages etc that I don't need or use but I took a load of stuff to the RSPCA a few weeks ago so I'm not sure I've got anything now. If I'd known, I'd of saved it! Doh! :lol: I can always go and liberate next doors rabbits and send them home to you! :p:lol:

Hmmm, secret locations.... Steephill cove in Ventnor is lovely. It's pretty hard to find because there's no road access. There's a lovely little thatch cottage down there that I am going to live in when I win the lottery! Also Seaview Wildlife Encounter is fab (I donated my aviary birds to them and they're in the tropical house there now). The Steam Railway is nice. If they enjoy walking, I'd recommend parking in Freshwater and walking up Tenneson Down for a lovely view across the solent and the channel at the same time, with the Needles thrown in for good measure.

I can't think of anywhere else off the top of my head but I'll find out some more places later and let you know! :wave:

GrahamL
02-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I'd like to send something back, I'm just not sure what! :lol: I've normally got a stash of carriers and cages etc that I don't need or use but I took a load of stuff to the RSPCA a few weeks ago so I'm not sure I've got anything now. If I'd known, I'd of saved it! Doh! :lol: I can always go and liberate next doors rabbits and send them home to you! :p:lol:

Hmmm, secret locations.... Steephill cove in Ventnor is lovely. It's pretty hard to find because there's no road access. There's a lovely little thatch cottage down there that I am going to live in when I win the lottery! Also Seaview Wildlife Encounter is fab (I donated my aviary birds to them and they're in the tropical house there now). The Steam Railway is nice. If they enjoy walking, I'd recommend parking in Freshwater and walking up Tenneson Down for a lovely view across the solent and the channel at the same time, with the Needles thrown in for good measure.

I can't think of anywhere else off the top of my head but I'll find out some more places later and let you know! :wave:

Remind me to ask you before i go to the island next year, my OH's auntie lives there so we may be going to see her at some point i think!

Fluffers
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM

Wow thanks so much for the tips, I've texted it all to dad! :D

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Remind me to ask you before i go to the island next year, my OH's auntie lives there so we may be going to see her at some point i think!

Well, you and your OH definately need to come round for a cup of tea! :wave:

Wow thanks so much for the tips, I've texted it all to dad! :D

No worries :wave: I meant to ask around at work for more suggestions but I forgot. :oops: I also forgot to mention... there's always a coupon in the local paper for reduced entry to Seaview Wildlife Encounter. The papers 70p and it'll save them about 4 I think. There's normally coupons for other things in there too, plus the weekender section which will give them loads of inspiration. :wave:

And Mum's just walked in and suggested 'Owl and Monkey Haven'. I haven't been there myself, it only opened this summer. Apparently it's small, but really good.

Fluffers
02-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks Georgie, you're a little treasure x

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Ooops, I came on here to update and forgot! :oops::lol::lol:

Cloud says...

I iz back from de vets howse, dey did sticks a big pin in meh noose and took a bit of meh face off. :shock: But ah dident feels it cos dey did stick a big pin in meh ear furst and it mades me go sleepsies. Ah do hopes it waz the vets dat took de bit ov meh face offs ovvawise I dunno where ah left it. I's a bit old so meh memry iz pwetty rubbish.

Heres a piccytur of meh, yous can pet the scween if you wants teh and imaginne its meh. But it won't be as flwuffy.

http://a.imageshack.us/img337/2906/dsc01245p.jpg (http://img337.imageshack.us/i/dsc01245p.jpg/)

Barleh dids come wiv meh to hold meh paw. I fink he is still a bit gwumpy 'bout it cos he did lets de hoomin pets him and he dids sat der for a cuddle. Normally he does like teh bites de hoomins instead.

Here he iz. Wot a wimpy.

http://a.imageshack.us/img443/5828/dsc01239n.jpg (http://img443.imageshack.us/i/dsc01239n.jpg/)

Fankoo for all deh nice vibes an stuff. I av to wait for ten dayz to find out where meh nose went. It does seem likes a loooong time away. :roll:

Lotsa lovies, Cloud xxx

;)

susie bun
02-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Aww Cloud, I love you more and more :love::love::love: ... hope you keep well. :wave: You have a handsome husbun there. :love:

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Aww Cloud, I love you more and more :love::love::love: ... hope you keep well. :wave: You have a handsome husbun there. :love:

*ahem* Cloud replies...

Fankoo Susie bunneh. I has told meh hoomin she has teh invite you fer teas and bikkies too as she has alreadeh invited everybun else too. You has got teh bring Mr Spenser cos I finks I quite likes him and ee duz look much more brave an manly dan Barleh. Aldough I does fancy meh Barleh too, he iz verreh hansome. I fink I can have two husbuns...

:wave:

Fluffers
02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Bouncer & Jester: "Cloud, you iz a bwaave bunneh and we finks u iz vewwy pweety too :love: Dat husbun is vewwy lucky to ave such a pwetty bun to sharzez da fings wiv and for snuggles. We opes dat you findz yoos face soon and it feelz ok again. If you needz us to elps lookies just tells da oomins and day wil fetch us" :rabbit2:

ps - "is 4 husbuns ok?" :shock:

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Bouncer & Jester: "Cloud, you iz a bwaave bunneh and we finks u iz vewwy pweety too :love: Dat husbun is vewwy lucky to ave such a pwetty bun to sharzez da fings wiv and for snuggles. We opes dat you findz yoos face soon and it feelz ok again. If you needz us to elps lookies just tells da oomins and day wil fetch us" :rabbit2:

ps - "is 4 husbuns ok?" :shock:

Four husbuns iz blwoody amazings! ;) I fink yoo's shud tell Jenneh dat she does also hav'ta come fer tea and bikkies and yoo's can gets in her handybag and come 'ere too. I will save yeh some fennygreek crunchers. :wave:

susie bun
02-09-2010, 09:54 PM
There is the potential for quite a party here! :D:D:D

TeflonsShadow
02-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Aw, glad things are getting done about Cloudy, how long til you get results?

^big hugs Cloud^

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 09:59 PM
There is the potential for quite a party here! :D:D:D

I just got a mental image of a bunch of bunnies having a disco in Cloud's playhouse! :lol:

I wish everyone lived nearer so you could all really come round for a cup of tea! :wave:

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Aw, glad things are getting done about Cloudy, how long til you get results?

^big hugs Cloud^

I'm not 100% sure as Mum picked Cloud up so it was her that spoke to the vet nurse about such things... We have a follow up appointment on saturday and Mum *thinks* they said the biopsy results will take up to ten days. If they take any longer than that then I have to ring and moan at them to hurry up! :lol:

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Ooh, I've just read through Cloud's post operative notes and looked at the bill and the vet clipped her nails and burred her molars for free. :D (Claw clipping is over a tenner and Daphne's teeth always cost about 80 to burr so hooray for the nice vet! :lol:).

Whilst I'm here, do any of you guys know what fibreplex is for? I know it's to get Cloud's guts going again but does she need it if she's eating like normal already? I wonder if the stress of giving it to her is worth it if she's eating ok anyway... :?:

martlou
02-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Generous vet :shock:. Hope poor Cloud's nosey is ok and that you get the results quickly :D

georgie_f
02-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Generous vet :shock:. Hope poor Cloud's nosey is ok and that you get the results quickly :D

My vets, although often a little useless, are quite good at giving me freebies! :lol: I think they know how much I spend in there and they'll often clip claws for free or whatever as I think they're always grateful that I'll let them treat my rabbits... It seems most people will just PTS rather than pay so I guess I'm helping them to learn more bunny stuff. If that makes sense!

There's one particular vet that always charges me for a hamster consultation rather than for a bunny as it's 10 cheaper. :love:

As much as I complain about their lack of rabbit knowledge, they're mostly a nice bunch. :)

GrahamL
02-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Ooh, I've just read through Cloud's post operative notes and looked at the bill and the vet clipped her nails and burred her molars for free. :D (Claw clipping is over a tenner and Daphne's teeth always cost about 80 to burr so hooray for the nice vet! :lol:).

Whilst I'm here, do any of you guys know what fibreplex is for? I know it's to get Cloud's guts going again but does she need it if she's eating like normal already? I wonder if the stress of giving it to her is worth it if she's eating ok anyway... :?:

If she's eating, you dont need it, it just helps getting the gut back into a nice fibrous place...thats what my vet told me when Biscuit refused it after his neuter. He licked it then rubbed it on his paws, ran off and rubbed it all over the hutch:lol::roll:.

Biscuit: everyones has husbuns and wifeys buns. Me sads :( Me so wants Ginger to comes homes, but daddy keeps saydings that shes not big enoughs yet so i haves to waits. I been waitings for aaaaaages now, i'm so lonely and it's making my tummy all gurgly and stuffs cos im so lonelys :(

Elena
02-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Fibreplex is basically just a fibre supplement so I guess if bun wasn't eating the fibre would help everything to carry on working to a degree. Possibly?

chelle
03-09-2010, 12:49 AM
If she's eating, you dont need it, it just helps getting the gut back into a nice fibrous place...thats what my vet told me when Biscuit refused it after his neuter. He licked it then rubbed it on his paws, ran off and rubbed it all over the hutch:lol::roll:.

Biscuit: everyones has husbuns and wifeys buns. Me sads :( Me so wants Ginger to comes homes, but daddy keeps saydings that shes not big enoughs yet so i haves to waits. I been waitings for aaaaaages now, i'm so lonely and it's making my tummy all gurgly and stuffs cos im so lonelys :(

aaaaah Biscuit!:(:)
Ask daddy forz a picture of hers to put up in your hutch...then youz can gaaaaaaazzee at her every dayz! Hope yourz tummyz feelz bettas soon:love:

georgie_f
03-09-2010, 03:22 AM
That's what I thought about the fibreplex. I've had it before but not for some time and I couldn't remember if it was for when they're not eating or if it was supposed to be used when they are eating too. It says on the tube to start it tomorrow morning but I won't bother as if I keep the tube unopened, I can store it for an emergency. :)

Aaaand Cloud says..

N'awwwhh, Bikkit, yous will gets teh live wiv Gingey soons, don't worreh. I bets she iz verreh lonely waiting teh live wiv yoo too. :( But when she does come teh live wiv yoo, it will be so loverly... Us wifeybuns are verreh good at snugglying and lickin' yoor noggin for yeh. Ah'd likes teh meet meh new neehbour Wingo too but he's not allowwed teh come live 'ere til I've found my noose. Fistle, Bwian and Jez are a bit annoyded wiv me cos dey wants him teh be here nows. :oops: I as teh keep tellin' dem the bestest fings are worth t'wait. :):wave: Anyways, meh hoomin sez ah gots to give back teh lappytopper cos ah's making her look likes she's a bit unhinged in teh noggin.

Love and binkies xx

Elena
03-09-2010, 03:34 AM
I give it now and then when Mini is a bit sticky but that seems to happen at moult-time. We've had it for about a fortnight and last night she was ok. Now I know what is causing it I'm not panicking and just helping it along with Fibreplex and probiotic.

georgie_f
03-09-2010, 04:04 AM
I give it now and then when Mini is a bit sticky but that seems to happen at moult-time. We've had it for about a fortnight and last night she was ok. Now I know what is causing it I'm not panicking and just helping it along with Fibreplex and probiotic.

Awwh, poor Mini! I hope her poops will be nice and round again soon!

I'll keep the fibreplex for Daphne I think. Where she's a dental bun, she has trouble eating hay. I've changed her onto SS pellets from Wagg as they're higher fibre but she still does sticky poo more often than not. If she's having a really dodgy tummy day, I'm sure the Fibreplex will come in handy. :)

Elena
03-09-2010, 04:25 AM
Awwh, poor Mini! I hope her poops will be nice and round again soon!

I'll keep the fibreplex for Daphne I think. Where she's a dental bun, she has trouble eating hay. I've changed her onto SS pellets from Wagg as they're higher fibre but she still does sticky poo more often than not. If she's having a really dodgy tummy day, I'm sure the Fibreplex will come in handy. :)

Oh see that's the odd thing, her poops are always big and golden, it's just her cecals that get slightly mushed into her bum and the floor. I'm not sure if she just forgets about them or what. The majority gets eaten.

Sounds like the Fibreplex will be better off for her then. Really hoping strongly that Cloud's results come back something easy enough to treat.

georgie_f
03-09-2010, 04:40 AM
Oh see that's the odd thing, her poops are always big and golden, it's just her cecals that get slightly mushed into her bum and the floor. I'm not sure if she just forgets about them or what. The majority gets eaten.

Sounds like the Fibreplex will be better off for her then. Really hoping strongly that Cloud's results come back something easy enough to treat.

Me too. It obviously wasn't an abcess as no puss came out. I guess if she'd just bumped it, or it was a bee sting, it should have gone down again by now rather than got worse. The vet mentioned cancer and tumours which is a bit worrying... as odd as it sounds, I'm now thinking the best thing for it to be is actually myxi. At least I know she's fighting it and it'll be treatable.

I hope the results are going to come back quickly!

thumps_
03-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Strangely enough geogie_f I've been thinking that too.
She's doing so well she may not need any further treatment.
If it is nodular myxi. I wonder how long the immunity lasts for?

georgie_f
03-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Strangely enough geogie_f I've been thinking that too.
She's doing so well she may not need any further treatment.
If it is nodular myxi. I wonder how long the immunity lasts for?

I hope so! I have some pain relief for her for the next four days as her nose looks a bit scabby where they've taken the biopsy from (it wasn't scabby before I took her in, just very red).

I'm not sure about immunity. Her next myxi vacc is due in just over week so she's on the tail end of her immunity from that.

Actually, I meant to ask the vet what I'm supposed to do about her next vaccination. I assume I'll have to leave it until her nose is totally cleared up incase the vacc makes it worse. We have a follow up appt. tomorrow so I'll ask then. :)

biscuitblossom
03-09-2010, 11:06 AM
I hope so! I have some pain relief for her for the next four days as her nose looks a bit scabby where they've taken the biopsy from (it wasn't scabby before I took her in, just very red).

I'm not sure about immunity. Her next myxi vacc is due in just over week so she's on the tail end of her immunity from that.

Actually, I meant to ask the vet what I'm supposed to do about her next vaccination. I assume I'll have to leave it until her nose is totally cleared up incase the vacc makes it worse. We have a follow up appt. tomorrow so I'll ask then. :)

When mine had myxi last year the vet told me they would have natural immunity for 6 months so I just skipped one of their jabs .

KarenM
03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Awww Cloud. :love::love: I hope you find the piece of nose you lost. :lol:

I'm petting the scween right now, can you feel it? :love:

Bluesmum
03-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Glad she is feeling better :wave:
Fluffers....I'll secoind steephill cove, It's gorgeous :wave: We used to stay at mums friends house there until my brother had an erm incident :oops:
the botanical gardens are just up there too if your Mum and Dad like that kind of thing.
There's the donkey sanctuary too :love:

georgie_f
03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
The Donkey Sanctuary! I can't believe I didn't think of that! There's a brown welsh pony in there called Twix - he used to live in my back garden (he belonged to my neighbour). :love: Dare I ask what the 'incident' was?! ... :lol:

And Cloud says...

Fankoo for sendin' dose pettins fwru teh computy. Ah dids feel dem, but teh hoomins going teh make sure ah definately gets dem by givin meh some extra pettins in a minit. :D

I tried to give her her dose of Metacam this morning but they've given me a syringe that's too small for the bottle. :roll: I've squidged a teeny bit (I didn't want to overdose her :shock:) straight from the bottle for her this morning and I'll have to get a syringe that fits when I take her back for her follow up check in the morning. Normally I have loads of spare syringes hanging around but can I find one? No. :roll:

susie bun
03-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Special pets for Cloud from me too. :wave::love::love::love: Spenser would send his love, but he is currently asleep in his favourite cardboard box.

GrahamL
06-09-2010, 12:01 PM
How is Cloud doing Georgie? Are her results due this week?

Fluffers
06-09-2010, 12:17 PM
:wave: Been thinking about you and Cloud over the weekend (and telling my OH all about you!!)

Hope all is well x

susie bun
06-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I was thinking of Cloud specially this morning, and I see I'm in good company. :wave:

Shellypops
06-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Hope Cloud's nosey nose is ok

georgie_f
06-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Awwh! Thanks guys! Sorry for being a bit slow to reply, for some reason, although I've been logging in and out all day (day off, bored senseless...) this hasn't come up in the new posts search. :roll:

Cloud's fine! I think her bump actually looks a little smaller today but I'm not sure if that's because it's getting better or if it swelled up after the biopsy and now that's going down. I need to go and give her some Metacam in half an hour or so - I'll take my camera! :wave: I got bitten half to death yesterday during 'medicine o'clock' so she's obviously still feeling like her usual self! :roll::lol:

We had a follow up appointment after her biopsy on saturday and the nurse was really happy with how her nose is. I didn't even realise she has one little stitch in it! They used really dark coloured thread so it just blended in with the scabbyness! :lol:

We also have another appointment on monday 13th to get the results. I'm hoping they'll ring if the results come back sooner though, especially if it's anything really awful... No news can only be good news!

mini lop1
06-09-2010, 04:31 PM
soo glad dcloud is doing fine, and sending more vibes that the results are nothing serious, and that cloud will be ok :wave:

GrahamL
06-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Great news Georgie :) So happy for you and Cloud that she's doing okay. Can't wait til the 13th now for the results...been following and watching eagerly :)

georgie_f
06-09-2010, 04:37 PM
:lol: You and me both Graham... It's a whoooooole week away though. It's going to go so slowly...

GrahamL
06-09-2010, 04:39 PM
:lol: You and me both Graham... It's a whoooooole week away though. It's going to go so slowly...

at least you only have a week and its not longer :)

georgie_f
06-09-2010, 04:46 PM
at least you only have a week and its not longer :)

That's very true! It works out that it's the monday after pay day too so it's not all bad. :)

06-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Glad Clouds looking better, I hate waiting :lol:

georgie_f
06-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Waiting is definately not my strong point! :lol:

Anyway, as promised, some pictures of Cloud's nose today -

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/2770/dsc01263u.jpg (http://img840.imageshack.us/i/dsc01263u.jpg/)

http://a.imageshack.us/img687/2369/dsc01255do.jpg (http://img687.imageshack.us/i/dsc01255do.jpg/)

I think the bump is still the same width but it doesn't seem as red and swollen as it was anymore (aside from the scabby bit where the biopsy came from, which looks a bit grim!).

I got a lovely bite on the kneecap today as a thank you for medicating her. :roll: She's the worst patient in the world! :lol:

Gem
06-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi Cloud :wave:

How does your hurty nose feel now? :love:

It looks better actually Georgie, bless her, she's so cute :love:

TeflonsShadow
06-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Awww, her nose looks good! Much less sore! Bless her! Still sending positive vibes for the results :D

georgie_f
06-09-2010, 08:41 PM
I have a feeling she's going to have cured herself by the time the biopsy results come through! :roll::lol:

TeflonsShadow
06-09-2010, 08:42 PM
I have a feeling she's going to have cured herself by the time the biopsy results come through! :roll::lol:

Typical :p

thumps_
06-09-2010, 09:19 PM

It rather looks like it doesn't it?
I think she looks improved.

The biopsy has shown us 1 thing already. It can't be an abscess or the vet would have hit thick pus when he took the biopsy.
I'm very relieved about that.

TeflonsShadow
06-09-2010, 09:22 PM
It rather looks like it doesn't it?
I think she looks improved.

The biopsy has shown us 1 thing already. It can't be an abscess or the vet would have hit thick pus when he took the biopsy.
I'm very relieved about that.

I agree, abscesses are so hard to get rid of :(

susie bun
06-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Hi Georgie and Cloud. :wave: I've been tutoring, then out at Brownies, so a bit slow on the uptake. Very pleased to see Cloud's nose is looking better, but still sending vibes re. good results come 13th. Biting seems to be a good sign with Cloud. Has she bitten a vet? :love::love::love:

georgie_f
06-09-2010, 10:45 PM
I spoke to the nurse about whether or not any puss had come out and she said no so that's good. :) I genuinely think the best thing for it to be now is myxi as she's obviously beating it and the only other thing the vet suggested was a tumour. :shock:

Her nose kind of looks saggy today. Almost as if it's been stretched a really long way. You can kind of see it in the second photo. The lump still feels quite solid though so there's obviously still *something* under there.

I don't think Cloud's ever bitten a vet yet! She did give the nurse a good boxxing when I dropped her off though, and when the nurse picked her up to check her over, Cloud latched onto her dangly watchy thing that nurse's always have on their shirt :roll::lol: I had to fill in a form about Cloud's diet and temperement etc... I wrote that she was friendly unless vaguely annoyed in which case she turns into Bunzilla! :lol:

GrahamL
07-09-2010, 09:02 AM
She's still so adorable - does look such a grumpy lady though! Glad her nose is getting better!

I had to fill in a form about Cloud's diet and temperement etc... I wrote that she was friendly unless vaguely annoyed in which case she turns into Bunzilla! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Is she really *that* bad?

georgie_f
07-09-2010, 10:50 AM
She's still so adorable - does look such a grumpy lady though! Glad her nose is getting better!

:lol::lol::lol: Is she really *that* bad?

:lol: Yes! I noticed I have a blood blister on my knee from where she bit me yesterday. I'm glad I had a thick pair of jeans on now! :roll: She's all sweetness and light when she's got all four feet firmly on the ground but she's really not very handleable. To be honest, I should think that's probably why she found herself in the RSPCA. She's a hooligan! :lol:

Rykat
07-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Her nose does look much better already, so hopefully she is healing herself.

Glad it's not an abscess :)

Coineanach
07-09-2010, 03:30 PM
CLOUDIE! Argh how did I miss this? *petpetpetpetpetpetpetpetpetpetpetpetpetpet*

Hope you're feeling better puppy-rabbit! Love from me and A and a message from Oidhche.

'Ello Cwoud. Hopes you iz feelin bettah. You needz to keepz bitin your hoomin so dey knows dere place...and gives you noms. I hopes you finds your nose, have you looked under the litter tray? Love and snuggles,

'O'. X

07-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Glad its not an abscess.

She sounds like a bunny full of character :lol:

georgie_f
07-09-2010, 10:17 PM
'Ello Cwoud. Hopes you iz feelin bettah. You needz to keepz bitin your hoomin so dey knows dere place...and gives you noms. I hopes you finds your nose, have you looked under the litter tray? Love and snuggles,

'O'. X

'Ello 'O' :wave: Ah do ahgree wiv yous totallys. Ah do finks it's verreh importen teh giv dat hoomin lotsa bitins wiv meh teef cos she is jus so uselez - she dids drop a bag of heys on meh noggin teday. :shock: Sometimes when ah bites 'er, she does puts meh back on de floor which is gud. Ah finks ah'm getting her traind pwetty gud noaw, but ah might giv her an extrwa big bitsie tomorra. Ah acktually dids look under meh litty tray, ah frew it right downside up and everyfink. Mah nose wasn't under der though. :? Ah'll keep looksying for it though! :wave:

Lovies from Clowd xx

Coineanach
07-09-2010, 11:44 PM
On yoor noggin?! :shock: Silly hoomin. Try poopsing on her noggin and sees how she likes it. Mah hoomin doesn't put me on de floors when ah bites, well the big hoomin does but not the small one. It iz annoyin. Ah peed all over de floor yesterdays to get her back. It takeses a while to get de silly hoomins trained doesn't it?

Is good you looked under the litter tray, ah is surprised it's not there. Did you gives it a good shake to make sure? Try lookin under Barley too, maybes he is sittin on it.

Love, 'O' X

VickiP
07-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Her nose does look much better already, so hopefully she is healing herself.

Glad it's not an abscess :)

Ditto x

Rachel89
07-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Blue: Aww wifey u needz 2 get yous nose betta me ong distanze wifey. I likes to lick da hoomins then bitez dem, dey dont expects it so its getz even more impactz.

georgie_f
10-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Vet just rang, results are back. It's myxi. Not sure why it took the vet two weeks longer than you guys to work that out. :roll:

Thank goodness they were wrong about the tumour though eh?! :shock:

GrahamL
10-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Vet just rang, results are back. It's myxi. Not sure why it took the vet two weeks longer than you guys to work that out. :roll:

Thank goodness they were wrong about the tumour though eh?! :shock:

:shock:

Cloud seems to be fighting it well though - what are they saying to do?

georgie_f
10-09-2010, 11:00 AM
:shock:

Cloud seems to be fighting it well though - what are they saying to do?

Nothing! :roll: Actually, it was an answer phone message so I need to ring back and ask a million questions, but basically the message just said that she'd probably been bitten by an infected flea or whatever and it should heal by itself as she's fighting it well.

I'm going to ring back and see if I need to keep her on her metacam or anything. And also to check if I still need to go to the appoinment on monday.

I can't work out if I should be gutted or relieved. :oops: