• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help. roobbie wont stop chewing the carpet

mreeyore

Warren Scout
any ideas on how to stop robbie chewing the carpet, he keeps scratching and then pull tufts out ov the carpet, at this rate, we will be sat on a mat. he is eleven weeks old, not been neutered.

i have seen some stop chewing spray in p@h but wud need a few bottles to put on the carpet. he has got chew toys but prefers the carpet, the sofa!

To get Lauren to stop chewing the sofa we just moved her away or distracted her from it everytime she started to chew it. It seems to have worked but we're not having as much luck with the carpet. She's not as bad as she was but we continually have to move her and/or pop something in front of her that we don't mind her chewing, like her teddy

we had the same problem with mylo but for the rug. he just wouldnt stop, no matter how much we shouted and disctracted him. In the end i ended up throwing the rug away and get a new one with not much pile on. He sometimes has the odd nibble now, but very rarely and thats more of an attention "stroke me mummy please" thing.

Biscuit did this until he was neutered :) He then stopped almost immediately after getting him home! Doesn't help now, but maybe will if his plums are dropping soon!

Biscuit did this until he was neutered :) He then stopped almost immediately after getting him home! Doesn't help now, but maybe will if his plums are dropping soon!

mylo still carried on when he was neutered, i hoped that would have stopped him but it didnt! Buyin a new rug and changing the scenery has stopped him, he hasnt chewed it too pieces (yet!) and we have had it about 3 months so fingers crossed!!!!

mylo still carried on when he was neutered, i hoped that would have stopped him but it didnt! Buyin a new rug and changing the scenery has stopped him, he hasnt chewed it too pieces (yet!) and we have had it about 3 months so fingers crossed!!!!

mylo is so cute. he luks alot like eeyore did

Oscar used to chew the carpet, but always went for the corners or edges.

I bought loads of carpet samples (like tiny rugs) and put them in the most vulnerable spots.
He chewed a fair few of those up, but eventually it whittled down to just two mats in his "favourite" spots.

Oscar used to chew the carpet, but always went for the corners or edges.

I bought loads of carpet samples (like tiny rugs) and put them in the most vulnerable spots.
He chewed a fair few of those up, but eventually it whittled down to just two mats in his "favourite" spots.

thats a good idea, saw some in town today, 50p. get sum saturday, he can chew them as much as he lokes

Eric and Ernie have just started chewing the carpet tiles in the shed! Ernie made a right old mess today.
I think it is frustration as the buns haven't been outside on the garden for a few days due to the rain. I hope it's a passing Phase.

Back