• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worst Bunny Destruction!!!

taylor.alison

Warren Scout
Hey, I'm sure this has been done before but I wanted to try this thread and see where it goes.

What is the worst thing your bunny has destroyed?

Pictures too if you can - lets see how destructive these creatures can be!

Yoshi's story (XD if you don't get it don't worry) would have to be when he chewed up my boyfriend's fairly new pair of headphones. Only had them for like a month and a half. He also bit through two ipod cables.

I think somebody out there must have a worse story - let's see whose story wins!!

The bunnies bit throught my OH's earphones... when he was cleaning them out... he didnt realise just how tempting a dangling wire was...

Also.........

The other day he was in their run and Noodle bit his :oops::oops::oops: 'Man area' through his shorts. He was in commando mode....

The bunnies bit throught my OH's earphones... when he was cleaning them out... he didnt realise just how tempting a dangling wire was...

Also.........

The other day he was in their run and Noodle bit his :oops::oops::oops: 'Man area' through his shorts. He was in commando mode....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I actually count myself lucky because my two have so far not been *too* destructive!

Worst things so far have been biting all the way through the laptop cable (£35 to replace!), and also deciding to 'read' Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - they obviously didn't enjoy it as much as I did because they ripped the last 2 pages out!!

Biscuit escaped a week or so back... i can no longer make phone calls downstairs, use my xbox360, ps2, or wii.

I need to buy new adapters for all of them !

Can't get mad at that little brown fluffy face who just looked up at me when i went downstairs as if to say "did i do wrong daddy?" :love: :lol:

Biscuit escaped a week or so back... i can no longer make phone calls downstairs, use my xbox360, ps2, or wii.

I need to buy new adapters for all of them !

This one definitely plays with my heartstrings...running a geek family over here, you see...to be fair we haven't played much recently, but adapters for those things are expensive!!!

apart from the numerous charger and mac adapter wires (too numerous to mention at £60 a time . . . ) the entire backs of TWO laura ashley sofas rates kind of high!

One of our first buns (Bramble) would eat anything at all - and disposed of foam draft insulator, the ntl cable, one of the aforementioned sofas (the other was a bored Milk Thistle) and antique woodwork things.

the joys of bunnies!!

apart from the numerous charger and mac adapter wires (too numerous to mention at £60 a time . . . ) the entire backs of TWO laura ashley sofas rates kind of high!

One of our first buns (Bramble) would eat anything at all - and disposed of foam draft insulator, the ntl cable, one of the aforementioned sofas (the other was a bored Milk Thistle) and antique woodwork things.

the joys of bunnies!!

Oh my...it's amazing isn't it. You see them all snuggled up and you think about how cute and innocent they are. Then you see the other side of them!! But, to be fair, it is only in their nature and they don't REALLY know better, do they...still. Must be one of the most expensive animals to have, oddly enough. <3

Joejoe and Jessie between them have eaten:

carpet - huge chunk behind the christmas tree - we lost out bond when we moved out :evil:

Various paperbacks

The telephone wire

Two TV cables

Two TV Aerials

Three cables connected to the fish tank

The Wii sensor bar wire

The DVD player wire

Sky TV wire

Bristles off a dustpan brush (£1800 vets bill ensued :shock:)

The rubber trim around a doormat

Skirting boards

Wall plaster

Legs of coffee table (mild nibbling only)

They are now in the garden where their diet consists solely of nuggets, veg, hay and their hutch ;)

ETA: plus GHD straighteners, Leather Boots and a handbag, although it was only a £3 from Primani so wasn't too annoyed about that one...

Last edited:
Mine have shredded some wallpaper off the wall, clearly they didn't like the colour, and have chewed through the sky cable!

I know this might be a silly question, but do you think bunnies actually don't like certain colors? Yoshi has a yellow brush and he hates the brush. I wondered if maybe the brightness of it made him mad...

Joejoe and Jessie between them have eaten:

carpet - huge chunk behind the christmas tree - we lost out bond when we moved out :evil:

Various paperbacks

The telephone wire

Two TV cables

Two TV Aerials

Three cables connected to the fish tank

The Wii sensor bar wire

The DVD player wire

Sky TV wire

Bristles off a dustpan brush (£1800 vets bill ensued :shock:)

The rubber trim around a doormat

Skirting boards

Wall plaster

Legs of coffee table (mild nibbling only)

They are now in the garden where their diet consists solely of nuggets, veg, hay and their hutch ;)

WOW looks like you've had it rough. Is it ever truly possible to bunny proof a home? Really?? I don't believe in it anymore!! XD

I know this might be a silly question, but do you think bunnies actually don't like certain colors? Yoshi has a yellow brush and he hates the brush. I wondered if maybe the brightness of it made him mad...

Well the walls were a very pale yellow too, maybe they don't like yellow lol.

WOW looks like you've had it rough. Is it ever truly possible to bunny proof a home? Really?? I don't believe in it anymore!! XD

id agree with that, you can only bunny proof to a degree if its a 'lived in' room. I've given up with certain things :)

Yoshi has just started (as in like last night) furiously digging things and ripping them. He was digging the bed, and he managed to nip my bum! I don't know if he did that on purpose, but I wasn't happy :p We woke up in the middle of the night/this morning to hear him ripping up the tag on his bed, so my boyfriend gave him some newspaper. I think his hormones are REALLY kicking in now. He stopped like chasing after us a lot like he was before and has become pretty good with us...but yeah. I think there will be a whole new era of destruction to come.

I've been fairly lucky with chewing. Lauren's given up chewing the sofa and cushions, with the exception of one cushion that has a design of an animal in grass on it - its horrid, so i actually don't care although the boys do! Other than that, she pulls at the carpet, which needs to be replaced anyway and i found chunks with rabbit sized teeth marks in missing from my handbag straps and my flipflop

I've been fairly lucky with chewing. Lauren's given up chewing the sofa and cushions, with the exception of one cushion that has a design of an animal in grass on it - its horrid, so i actually don't care although the boys do! Other than that, she pulls at the carpet, which needs to be replaced anyway and i found chunks with rabbit sized teeth marks in missing from my handbag straps and my flipflop

Haha, i forgot about flip flops, my OH's have bun sized teeth marks in them too.

I also forgot about the slipper incident, where i couldn't find them for about 6 hours... and found that Biscuit had dragged them into his pen whilst free-ranging and one was in the litter tray, well you can imagine what that looked/smelt like... and the other was in his digging box, er, dug. :)

Well we did try bunny proofing, but they ate through the barricades lol. The main destruction day of al the wires was to be fair because they broke into the front room when we were at work (ok i forgot to shut the door :oops:) but no i don't think you can completely bunny proof unless your in the room with them

Back