• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cecily Sweetpea REW Nethie

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Our little rescue bunny Cecily came to us about 6 weeks ago when her owner signed her over to the vets because he didn't want her any more.

She's had her incisors removed and has other health issues. Whoever meets her is captivated by her spirit, even if they don't like small buns or REWS.

She's been poorly for a while now with weight loss and continued dental issues.

She's had a special delivery today from Lisa at The Hay Experts; lots of good things to help her dietary issues and stabilise her gut.

She's improved today, but she really is going to need quite a bit of special care to get her 'right'. She is currently only weighing in at about 600gms.

She's so full of life and I know that if her little body allows it, she'll be a right fighter.

Aug2010006-1.jpg

Aug2010010.jpg

What a poppet. Sending vibes.

Thank you. She is so very special and had some homes lined up but sadly she's not going to be well enough for quite some time to be spayed or bonded.

So I guess she is stuck here with us...................on our dining table in an indoor cage. Poor girl, means she has to watch silly television programmes and put up with me not doing the housework.

Thank you. She is so very special and had some homes lined up but sadly she's not going to be well enough for quite some time to be spayed or bonded.

So I guess she is stuck here with us...................on our dining table in an indoor cage. Poor girl, means she has to watch silly television programmes and put up with me not doing the housework.

I'm sure she won't mind! Is she inside because she's not well? Or to make room for another foster?! ;)

xxx

REWs have a way of converting people. :love: It took me 8 months to secure permission for a rabbit in my parents' garden, and I was dreading telling Mum I would be having a REW as she's specifically said she wasn't keen on their look - she's now one of his biggest fans. Actually I didn't go looking for a REW - he and his previous owner kind of picked me! :wave:

I am so in love :love::love: I think I need to open up a REW nethie sanctuary :lol: I have always loved them but Fletcher totally stole my heart, they are just the most adorable little things :love::love:

Cecily Sweetpea is just the most adorable little girl :love: So dainty and delicate but so much personality :love: I really hope she has the strength to pull through because she really deserves a second chance at life and love, and I'm sure she's loving being indoors with company Helen...even if it does include Jeremy Kyle :lol:

Aww she is gorgeous:love::love:
Sending loads of positive vibes your way, really hope she has the strength to get better:) Hope she is enjoying all her treats that arrived today xxx

Thank you for the good wishes for Cecily. Today she seems to have turned a bit of a corner after worrying me now for quite some time. She has produced really rather nice wee fibrous poos and has actually been lying down today for only the 2nd time in two months since she arrived with us. She must be much more comfortable as she has been hunched most of the time up until now.

26Aug003.jpg

Rear view of her superbun leggies.

26Aug.jpg

I am so glad to hear that the lovely Cecily is feeling a bit better today :) Toy bunny looks a little less comfy, though :lol: :

26Aug003.jpg

Back