• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fur regrowth after spay .......

Bitzy

Mama Doe
....... how long does is generally take?

I know every bun is different but I just wondered on average times??

cheers, Jo x

most of mine have their fur back within a few weeks, but angel .. her fur has never came back proper :(, its all patchy where she was shaved :(, & she got spayed months ago

Jessica and Chloe literally took 2-3 weeks for their fur to grow back. They have very fluffy tummies now. ;)

Bell took a few weeks, but it stayed bare for a long time (well it seems to be a long time) and then it had a thin layer and then over the next week it all came back.

All my buns have been different but its not unusual for it to be a long time. Gypsy's was several months ago and she still has bald patches.

Tibbsy was about 6 months before hers started properly coming in, then it seemed to become really fluffy in about a month.

The rest of the crew all re-grew their furry tums really quickly!

Thanks everyone ....... so it could really be anything from a few weeks to 6 months-ish!

Hhhmm wondering how it will affect her in the winter months if it still hasn't grown .... might have to knit her a jumper!! :lol:

Selina was spayed just over 2 weeks ago and her fur is just starting to come back properly now - it started with bum fluff fur about a few days after she was shaved. But now it is all the same colour as her other fur so coming in nicely now :)

Thanks everyone ......... had a really good look at Dizzi's tummy last night and there's absolutely nothing happening yet - 2 weeks ago today she was spayed ..... the scar is healing really well though!

Noticed that the fur around her bum is getting a bit knotted (I think her fur is so fine that when it comes out it gets knotted with the rest of it) so I gave her a really good brush ..... did she not like that!!!

When I put her back in the run she ran away and thumped at me, then ran back up to me, sat right by my feet and thumped again then flicked her back legs at me as she ran off!! :shock: :lol: :shock:

I think all was forgiven later on though when I arrived with food!! :lol:

Back