• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dental tomorrow.

pennypoos

Mama Doe
Penny is going to the vets tomorrow to go under GA, to have her teeth checked and for a possible dental.
Should i keep her in the house over night whilst she recoveres from the GA ? and what should i do when i bring her home ?
Will she feel rough, and not feel up to eating ?
Thanks
mand.x

From what i've learnt, i'd probably want to keep her in the house, as she can't regulate her temperature after a GA and at least you can keep an eye on her then :)

Lots of good toothy vibes for Penny tomorrow :)

She'll need to stay in overnight, as graham said they can't regulate their own temp after a GA.

I'd expect a vet would send her home with some oral pain meds for you to administer.

She'll probably need something yummy to tempt her to eat aswell.

Ok thats not a problem. I have lots of yummy rabbit noms in already.:D
Just another quick Q......
I`m bonding penny at the minute with her new friend Kenny. How long should i leave it after the GA, before i can pick up bonding again ?

I'd wait until your happy she's back to her normal self and eating happily. Bonding can be quite stressful so you don't want to push it.

Back