PDA

View Full Version : Buns for Rehoming

The Duchess
25-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Just a few of our buns for rehoming.

Pepper and Salt blue eyed nethies

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/helenmhalliday/Aug2010034.jpg

Valentine and Florentyna 5 1/2 year old agouti sisters (one uppy and one downy eared)

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/helenmhalliday/Aug2010040.jpg

Onslow (more interested in his brekkie than his photo being taken)

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/helenmhalliday/Aug2010035.jpg

Molly and Max

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/helenmhalliday/Aug2010011.jpg

weeble
25-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Wow how do you rehome rather than keep such gorgeous buns :love:

Fluffers
25-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Just noticed the mirrors in one of your hutches - what a fab idea!
*adds to list of things to look for at car boots/charity shops*

Debster
25-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Beautiful....I hope they find homes very soon :love:

kirst25
25-08-2010, 12:40 PM
they are gorgeous :)

The Duchess
25-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Wow how do you rehome rather than keep such gorgeous buns :love:

Because we've got no more room :oops:, but really, because all of these lovely rabbits deserve to have a new life with a special family where they don't just become two more rabbits in a very large family.but where they get loads of time spent with them, masses of space and love by the bucket load. Whilst they get space and unlimited love whilst they stay with us, having so many buns to care for here means they don't get so much one on one time.

This does mean that rehoming the buns that come to be rescued, is pretty much like rehoming your own rabbits. In a way it makes rehoming easier as you can ask yourself if you'd allow your own rabbits to live with this person. If the answer is no, then you don't rehome.

Hugo's There
25-08-2010, 12:48 PM
I love the sisters :love: Geoff has been without a partner for nearly a year now as we can't find any bun suitable for him. But then we have more rabbits here than you have at yours so thats probably not much help

The Duchess
25-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Just noticed the mirrors in one of your hutches - what a fab idea!
*adds to list of things to look for at car boots/charity shops*

All the buns have mirrors of one kind or another. Apart from adding interest, they also reflect light which they seem to like. You can also see bunnies from all angles in the accommodation so that you don't have to keep going into the shed or whatever to check on them, plus they quite like looking at themselves. Not sure Minty realised it was him the other day though - caught him licking and biting his own reflection. Not the brightest lad!

weeble
25-08-2010, 12:51 PM
This does mean that rehoming the buns that come to be rescued, is pretty much like rehoming your own rabbits. In a way it makes rehoming easier as you can ask yourself if you'd allow your own rabbits to live with this person. If the answer is no, then you don't rehome.

Yes this is what I do when homechecking - I do have to remind myself though that a 6ft hutch and run are fine and that not everyone wants two large sheds in their garden :lol:

The Duchess
25-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I love the sisters :love: Geoff has been without a partner for nearly a year now as we can't find any bun suitable for him. But then we have more rabbits here than you have at yours so thats probably not much help

Awh Liz. poor Geoff. Will have to keep my ears open for any bunnies that might suit, although I have a list of folks wanting older ladies - with none available.

We've actually tried bonding the girls as a trio with a lovely boy rabbit and it didn't go very well at all. Florentyna showed some referred agression toward Valentine sadly. You never know it may work with another boy but I'd be very wary of trying. They are so happy as sisters and I think that would be the way to go with them.

Fluffers
25-08-2010, 12:55 PM
All the buns have mirrors of one kind or another. Apart from adding interest, they also reflect light which they seem to like. You can also see bunnies from all angles in the accommodation so that you don't have to keep going into the shed or whatever to check on them, plus they quite like looking at themselves. Not sure Minty realised it was him the other day though - caught him licking and biting his own reflection. Not the brightest lad!

:lol::lol::lol:

The Duchess
25-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Yes this is what I do when homechecking - I do have to remind myself though that a 6ft hutch and run are fine and that not everyone wants two large sheds in their garden :lol:

That's absolutely true, although as the smallest rescue hutch we have here is 8x2x2 I have to bare in mind that I can't rehome to anything much smaller as it could be a step backwards. In fact Onslow has missed out on two homes because he's such a big boy and needs to gallop around and in both cases the accommodation offered was 5ft long with neither of the potential families being in a postion to make the whole set up big enough in total to give him what he deserves. I think actually Onslow would like to live indoors with his feet up on the sofa watching telly all day.

Hugo's There
25-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Awh Liz. poor Geoff. Will have to keep my ears open for any bunnies that might suit, although I have a list of folks wanting older ladies - with none available.

We've actually tried bonding the girls as a trio with a lovely boy rabbit and it didn't go very well at all. Florentyna showed some referred agression toward Valentine sadly. You never know it may work with another boy but I'd be very wary of trying. They are so happy as sisters and I think that would be the way to go with them.

Thanks, every bun I have tried will Geoff has attacked him :? I am not sure why. He never attacks first but if one goes for him he will stand his ground and fight back. I am not sure on age but at the very least he is 5, but he seems to have aged a lot recently so I could easily believe he could be anything up to 8 or 9 years.

Bebopy
25-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Valentine and Florentyna :love::love::love::love::love:

I hope they all get forever homes soon. xx

KarenM
25-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Salt and Pepper. :love::love::love:

I love the mirror too - Alfie would probably spend all day in front of it though. :roll: :lol::lol: And Bubbles would probably be scared of the new bun in the mirror. :lol:

wally4eva
25-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Gorgeous:love::love::love::love: I hope they all find homes soon:D:wave:

blue_vix
25-08-2010, 09:49 PM
I would love a house bunny but my land lord won't let me :( only a year to go then I'll be finished uni and can get a nice house with a MASSIVE garden and lots of buns :D (thats the plan anyway)

They are all soo gorgeous :love::love::love:

chelle
26-08-2010, 12:30 AM
oh wow - they are all gorgeous! They all look so happy ...ooohh...maybe cause they got nomnoms...:love:
Hope they get some interest - they are beautiful!

(Where did you get the mirrors? just wondering if it matters what wood the frame is out of..I keep finding pine ones...:roll:)

The Duchess
26-08-2010, 09:11 AM
oh wow - they are all gorgeous! They all look so happy ...ooohh...maybe cause they got nomnoms...:love:
Hope they get some interest - they are beautiful!

(Where did you get the mirrors? just wondering if it matters what wood the frame is out of..I keep finding pine ones...:roll:)

Most of the mirrors that the buns have don't have frames; they tend to be ones from old dressing tables or the ones you mount on the walls with screw holes in the actual mirror itself, but I do buy the Ikea ones (little squares with pine surrounds) as they are normally very easy to find at car boot sales. That way I can replace them easily when they do get nibbled. The buns don't really bother with them but if they do, they don't seem to chew too much and I don't think it's a problem. No worse than them chewing someones wallpaper or plaster if they are a house rabbit.:D