• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy and dandelion escaped yesterday!

kellyh81

Young Bun
My other half didnt shut the run door properly the night before, when i opened the hutch to let them into their run i didnt notice!
I went to work and when i came home seven hours later i went to check on them and saw the door was open! :shock: i have a big garden and looked and i didnt see them i was so panicked when i looked again i saw daisy coming towards me and dandelion sat on the decking at the end of the garden! phew i was lucky because there are loads of cats in the neighbourhood and my garden has privet hedge around it with some gaps in the bottom so how they were still there is anyones guess! i managed to catch daisy before she went through a gap i had a bit of a struggle and had to pull her back in. neither of them liked to be carried so im scratched to bits.

When i got them back into their run daisy kept running into the sides :( trying to get out.
Today they just dont seem themselves, normally they come to me when i feed them in the morning they hid in there bedroon area :(
Could it be stress? i know i was definately stressed!

They might just have the hump with you :lol:

Are they used to eating a lot of grass? If they've filled up on loads of grass they might have a bit of a tumache. Keep an eye on them.

:lol: they probably are sulking! i bet they loved playing out of their run all day!
They have a run on the grass so that shouldnt be a problem but i will still keep an eye on them :)

Daisy really is grumpy! i just picked her up for a cuddle and she nipped my arm!

:lol::lol:Bunnies certainly have a way of letting us know and they feel about us don't they! I am sure they will soon forget their little escapade and realise you are just tryoing to keep them safe!

Glad all ended happily. I'm not surprised they've got the grumps though, bet they felt as if all their birthdays had come at once. :wave:

Awh sounds like they had a ball :D so I would agree, yes they are probably just in a strop...:roll: Pip loves having a run about loose!

I had a similar situation on Saturday morning….eeek….It was approx 7.45, Pip had been in her run since 7 and I was mid cleaning it out (luckily had finished scrubbing it, was just placing her bits & pieces back in)…

I went into the garage and when I came out, I was confronted by Pip, my cat Kimba and a neighbour’s cat Merlin all stood quite happily on the decking looking at me!

I just leant down, grabbed Pip & stuck her in her hutch…! She wasn’t impressed and the cats looked at me like I had stolen a member of the garden gang. I couldn’t believe it!

Ran over to the run & for the life of me couldn’t figure how she had escaped, then I spotted one of the side hatches had been left up (she has a trixie run)….so it had taken her 45 mins to figure it out.

Thank goodness they ran onto the decking and didn’t escape somewhere in the shrubbery at the back of the garden….it completely shook me up, especially as at 1pm that day we were off to meet our new adoptee bunny! How on earth would I have explained that one if Pip had gone for a wander & still no se-surfaced :D Needless to say I check it all very thoroughly now!:D

Awh sounds like they had a ball :D so I would agree, yes they are probably just in a strop...:roll: Pip loves having a run about loose!

I had a similar situation on Saturday morning….eeek….It was approx 7.45, Pip had been in her run since 7 and I was mid cleaning it out (luckily had finished scrubbing it, was just placing her bits & pieces back in)…

I went into the garage and when I came out, I was confronted by Pip, my cat Kimba and a neighbour’s cat Merlin all stood quite happily on the decking looking at me!

I just leant down, grabbed Pip & stuck her in her hutch…! She wasn’t impressed and the cats looked at me like I had stolen a member of the garden gang. I couldn’t believe it!

Ran over to the run & for the life of me couldn’t figure how she had escaped, then I spotted one of the side hatches had been left up (she has a trixie run)….so it had taken her 45 mins to figure it out.

Thank goodness they ran onto the decking and didn’t escape somewhere in the shrubbery at the back of the garden….it completely shook me up, especially as at 1pm that day we were off to meet our new adoptee bunny! How on earth would I have explained that one if Pip had gone for a wander & still no se-surfaced :D Needless to say I check it all very thoroughly now!:D

Its scares you to death doesnt it! ive used cable ties to secure the doors so theres no escpe now :lol:

Are they eating and pooing okay? Hopefully your garden does not have any toxic plants.

I was worried about this too, they didnt rush straight to me this morning to eat their pellets which they normally do as the day as gone on they are eating again. ive just given them their greens and they eaten them all so hopefully ive been lucky and they didnt eat anything they shouldnt have.

:lol::lol: i bet that looked funny!
Our cat is scared of the bunnies :lol:

My Romeo got out on Tuesday. They are in a hutch/run attached (on patio) but I extended their run onto the grass, then popped out for an hour (my kids were at home supposedly keeping an eye out!!). When I got back Juliet was hopping about inside the patio side but I couldn't see Romeo anywhere :shock: He'd dug a beautifully neat oval shape at the edge of his grass side run. I couldn't see him anywhere (did the usual calling "Romeo! Romeo! wherefore art thou...." :oops: etc - times like this I realise he needs a code name/alias). No sign and late into the afternoon - light starting to go :shock: Luckily OH spied him having a LOVELY time in next door's garden, running under their trampoline, munching on fallen apples :shock: and dandilions. I was able to tempt him back (eventually) into his carrier with a large leaf of spring greens. He lay in the corner for ages afterwards looking thoroughly ashamed of himself. We're going to have to find a way of extending the run but preventing him digging.

Glad you found yours OK. :wave:

hey I think its happened to most of us .I know it did me about a month ago . I had one of the babies escape and thought i Had lost him for good, We spent over 2 hours searching for him but nothing ...So thought he had gone for good . I got up during the night for the loo and looked out the window to see a small blob sitting in the middle of my backk green munching away on the grass it took me and my hubby 2 hours to catch the wee **** in the pouing rain . We can only thing he had clinmbed a 4 foot run up the mesh what didn't have a roof at this point it does now . So dont feel to bad I know I did that day

I'm glad you got them back safe and sound.

When my dad was looking after my sister's buns he went over to feed them and everything seemed ok.. my sister returned home the next day and could see the untouched bowl of food... she thought the worst..

but when she opened the hutch there was no bunny in there! She found him snuggled up under the hutch, he had been there all night, poor wee mite..

And the moral of the story is - never let my dad look after your buns! How could he not have noticed that the hutch didn't have a bunny in it! :lol:

Back