• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lucy Update.... Page 6- letter of complaint

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
for those of you that were following my thread on Lucy...

The operation today went without complications, however Lucy was pregnant, with 4 babies aged 2-3 weeks. It was a current pregnancy. Im devestated.

She has come round, not eating yet but to be expected. I cant stop crying. I feel so guilty but at the same time if it wasnt done then I would never have known what was inside her... what the 'mass' was.

I can hardly speak, I feel ashamed as i write this. The vet told me I made the right decision. With all the moves from Breeder to garden centre to me- Lucy would not have been settled and maybe killed the babies, plus she only had her last litter 2-3 months ago and it would have been too much for her body to cope with.

Please send healing vibes.

I am just glad i got her now, or else she may be having her babies at the hands of some grubby 9 year old , and raising them in a 3ft hutch.

:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
So sorry for both of your loss but I agree with the vet that you did the right thing. Lots of healing vibes for Lucy

ohhh noo what an awful lot that poor girl has had to go through..

Im glad she is with you too - at least she can recover and enjoy the rest of her life.

Loads of vibes for her and (((hugs))) to you xx

Poor wee soul having all that to deal with.

As you said, it is a good thing you got her and gave her the best treatment for her wee worn out body.

I am sure she will be thanking you for helping her out :)

i am so sorry. everything you did, you did to help lucy. you did all you could to put her life right. speedy recovery vibes for lucy. peace and comfort for you.

binky free babies.

its just what the vet said that made me break down, i had the receptionist in tears...

I cant repeat i really cant.... not yet i feel like s**t . Keep thinking who am I to tell her she cant have her babies

Please, please don't feel guilty.
I'm sure that when you get over the shock you'll be able to see that it's been the best thing possible for your bun although completely unintended.
The added strain of giving birth & rearing babies after all that upheaval would have been terrible for her.

Please, please don't feel guilty.
I'm sure that when you get over the shock you'll be able to see that it's been the best thing possible for your bun although completely unintended.
The added strain of giving birth & rearing babies after all that upheaval would have been terrible for her.

She is so lovely, even though pregnant she loves a fuss and is friendly.... when I bought her back just- she put her head down to be fussed. Even though she must feel so ill she just wants to give love...

i think now her spay is done and her hormones gone- she will be a very very special bunny indeed.

OMG im panicking, look at this picture of her (below) I JUST took it. That hollow is her RIBS!

Where is her weight gone? her stomach? she is like a STICK.......

please help someone what happened?

Did the babies move her innards upwards and now nothing fills the void???

I have NEVER seem a bunny like this ... do u think she is malnourished from being bred so young but i couldnt tell when the babies were there?

Photo0196.jpg

I found a bit of blood in her wee just- vets said this is probably from the vaginal canal.... so not too worried.....

but she is eating a bit of grass...

Cloud looked hollow after her spay. I remember asking for advice on here as I was so worried because of her age. Turned out it was normal, something to do with them kind of sucking their tummys in because it hurts. I'll see if I can find the thread with the advice on...

Cloud looked hollow after her spay. I remember asking for advice on here as I was so worried because of her age. Turned out it was normal, something to do with them kind of sucking their tummys in because it hurts. I'll see if I can find the thread with the advice on...

yeah i didnt notice it when she got in... only just now...

I hope thats all it is she looks AWFUL like a greyhound...

It's OK, don't panic, you worked it out right. Yes the babies would take up a lot of space in her tummy, & they're not there now, so her tummylooks deflated. She's OK.

It's OK, don't panic, you worked it out right. Yes the babies would take up a lot of space in her tummy, & they're not there now, so her tummylooks deflated. She's OK.

thankyou, she looks so scrawny, i thought i remembered . My sis is pregnant and the baby has pushed her guts up into her chest, so i guess its normal in bunnies too....silly me...:(

Back