• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding questions

pennypoos

Mama Doe
Hi, I`v been trying to bond penny with kenny for a week now.
I made a space outside in the garden that was neutral territory to both buns, but due to the bad weather i have not been able to put them out for two days now.:(
I haven`t` brought them in the house to bond because penny was a house bun so the area wouldn`t of been neutral.
Penny has been an outside bun now for 2 weeks so do you think that they would both be ok to bring into the house for bonding. Ideally i would prefer to do the bonding in the front room.
I am trying to get hold of a second hand puppy pen at the minute so i can use this as space for bonding. But what is the minimum size requiered as a bonding area for 2 small buns ?

cheers
from mand.x

Last edited:
I put a message up on face book asking if anyone had a puppy pen or dog crate for sale. And i now have a XL dog crate coming in the next few days for £20. Wow..... i love a bargain.:mrgreen:
So will penny and kenny be ok to bond in the house ? even though penny was a house rabbit, but hasn`t been for the last two weeks. Will she still see it as her territory ???????

Hi, sorry I dont have much advice as I havent done bonding before (at least not any successful bonding), but I didnt want to read and run.

Well done on your bargain puppy pen too.

I dont know minimum sizes or whether two weeks is long enough - could you move objects around so it looks less familiar?

I think more important than what it looks like though is probably whether it still smells of her. Is it carpeted? If so you might need to get the carpets cleaned first. Clean everything in the room as she will have scented it.

I would be more inclined to see if you can get a space that is totally neutral because otherwise there may be territory/aggression issues.

Hi, sorry I dont have much advice as I havent done bonding before (at least not any successful bonding), but I didnt want to read and run.

Well done on your bargain puppy pen too.

I dont know minimum sizes or whether two weeks is long enough - could you move objects around so it looks less familiar?

I think more important than what it looks like though is probably whether it still smells of her. Is it carpeted? If so you might need to get the carpets cleaned first. Clean everything in the room as she will have scented it.

I would be more inclined to see if you can get a space that is totally neutral because otherwise there may be territory/aggression issues.

thanks Helgalush.
The room I`m going to use has laminate flooring, I have an odd piece of carpet that i thought i could put down inside the pen, so i don`t need to clean the carpets. Then the surrounding area...... i could just wipe clean with some strong smelling house hold wipes. I could also move the furniture around to make it look different.:)

Back